Who would you like to see returning punts now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who should return punts now?

• Jenkins

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Givens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pead

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Pettis

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sadly, we're left with this question. But it still needs to be addressed. Jenkins immediately filled that void, but is that the guy you want handling those duties from here on out? Why/why not?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pead. The guy is shifty, elusive, and he needs to be more involved in the gameplan. The kid's too good to be sitting on the sidelines. And in all honesty, I'm not comfortable with having one of our starting corners back there.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Pead. Pettis doesn't know how to call fair catch, and the others are too important to risk.

superfan24

Starter
I have the feeling that Jenkins will break a big gain every time he touches the ball, but do we want one of our best CB's handling these duties? Idk wouldn't mind seeing pead back there either as long as he can hold onto the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
Pead. The guy is shifty, elusive, and he needs to be more involved in the gameplan. The kid's too good to be sitting on the sidelines. And in all honesty, I'm not comfortable with having one of our starting corners back there.
That's how I feel.

Exactly.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I think it could be a dual role between Pead (he would get the 1st shot) and Givens. Both have been the KR for us. I was suprised that they opted for Jenkins instead last night. I know he can do that but I just didnt think he'd be the next man up in that situation.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:
Memento said:
That's how I feel.

Exactly.

+1 Me too. I always agree with X. You will never find me arguing with him. :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
MontanaRamFan said:
X said:
Memento said:
That's how I feel.

Exactly.

+1 Me too. I always agree with X. You will never find me arguing with him. :sly:
You're just setting yourself up for disappointment now. Lol

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
superfan24 said:
I have the feeling that Jenkins will break a big gain every time he touches the ball, but do we want one of our best CB's handling these duties? Idk wouldn't mind seeing pead back there either as long as he can hold onto the ball.
Pretty well the way I see it.
In a hierarchy I go,Jenkins ,Pead, Pettis, not Givens ,little hands don't want his dropping the ball becoming a turnover, I can live with incompletions.
But Jenkins is just what I call a physically smart player, he's zigging when you're still saying "how'd he zag there?"

HOWEVER he's so good a DB I can damn sure see why people want him bubblewraped.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I voted Jenkins. The way he plays defense I think he is more in danger there than returning punts. He just has an innate sense too. I think he potentially breaks two or three for TDs too. I like him as as dual threat potential game changer.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I hate the Gators ,,, but I'm forced to watch many of their games. I'm an FSU fan... never miss the FSU / fu game.

As a result , I watched JJ dominate for the gators returning punts.

Danny is reliable ,,, but he and everybody else will never be the weapon that JJ can be.

wolfman84

Rookie
My vote is Jenkins. I understand the injury concern but you can't play scared. Put your biggest threat out there and let him put some points on the the board you. I think this kid is a threat to take it to the house every time he gets his hands on the ball. Look at it this way, when you face the Cardinals are you hoping to face Patrick Peterson because he might get injured or do you dread seeing him back there receiving our punts?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
Memento said:
That's how I feel.

Exactly.

I would have voted Pead based on skill, his ball security scares me though so I went in another direction. I voted for Pettis(Im the only one). I think he is the most sure handed and best decision maker of the group. He's not a game breaker, but IMO he wont make mistakes. He was sketchy last year on returns, but he looks like a completely different player this year.

Jenkins could be good, but he likes to take risks and that worries me. Givens has dropped a lot of balls so far too. I know catching a pass and a punt are two different animals, but it just make me comfortable.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think Pead long term but Jenkins for now. I just think Pead is still a little shell shocked at the jump from college. Probably why he went to 3rd on the depth chart at RB. But as much as I like Danny, I think both of them actually have more "bust one" potential then Amendola does.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I voted for Pead, because he's active and should be more involved. Maybe he can find his mojo, and he was quite a spectacular punt returner in college. I am OK with Jenkins though, and ironically I called for one of these guys to do this before the game started.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
wolfman84 said:
My vote is Jenkins. I understand the injury concern but you can't play scared. Put your biggest threat out there and let him put some points on the the board you. I think this kid is a threat to take it to the house every time he gets his hands on the ball. Look at it this way, when you face the Cardinals are you hoping to face Patrick Peterson because he might get injured or do you dread seeing him back there receiving our punts?

Yeah plus Danny was the "#1 WR" and he got hurt playin...WR.

But I want Pead to, if he's ready, b/c if anything we can say that another Ram rookie is making an impact.

Dochal

UDFA
MontanaRamFan said:
X said:
Memento said:
That's how I feel.

Exactly.

Sycophancy will get you nowhere here...I know, I tried it on his old board... :yeh:

Dochal

UDFA
wolfman84 said:

This^...definitely can't play scared. Jenkins had a couple nice returns, and weren't the Rams risking a pretty valuable guy with Amendola back there? So, you put your best option out there and what happens, happens...don't like Pead right now because he hasn't had many touches or much time in game action...and Pettis? Well, I don't particularly like watching the football version of Demolition Derby where the same car gets wrecked over and over again.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dochal said:
wolfman84 said:

This^...definitely can't play scared. Jenkins had a couple nice returns, and weren't the Rams risking a pretty valuable guy with Amendola back there? So, you put your best option out there and what happens, happens...don't like Pead right now because he hasn't had many touches or much time in game action...and Pettis? Well, I don't particularly like watching the football version of Demolition Derby where the same car gets wrecked over and over again.

That's why you get him in games. Pead has just as much ability to take it to the house as Jenkins, but he won't be able to show it if he's sitting on the bench. If you've got a playmaker, you can't sit him on the bench because he doesn't have much experience. Putting them in those situations is how they learn.