Who would you like to see on the o-line for the rest of the season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Well, I think we're gonna see something like G.Rob-Rhaney-Barnes-Wichmann-Reynolds? Just plow, baby.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Robinson - Reynolds- Barnes- Wichmann - Havenstien

Rhaney is considered the backup at all the interior spots. And I would imagine Donnal will go back to his natural RT position and be brought up to speed as Havenstien's backup.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@CoachO Does Wichmann have a grasp of the intricacies yet? do you think he can handle his assignments? How are his fundamentals and technique coming along?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Robinson - Reynolds- Barnes- Wichmann - Havenstien

Rhaney is considered the backup at all the interior spots. And I would imagine Donnal will go back to his natural RT position and be brought up to speed as Havenstien's backup.
Exactly, what I'd go with. It's gonna be rough with all these injuries.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
@CoachO Does Wichmann have a grasp of the intricacies yet? do you think he can handle his assignments? How are his fundamentals and technique coming along?
I think he is the most polished of the group of Guards. (Among the rookies). His biggest issue was starting training camp on the PUP list and missing most of the installation of the offense.

If Wichmann has gotten up to speed with the X's & O's, IMO he's the best option. And they are now to the point in the season where most of what goes in the weekly game plans are things that have been utilized before. With the exception of a wrinkle or two for this specific game he should be able to digest the game plan just fine.

And besides. It's not like they've been overly complicated in what they've done to this point.

Add to that Andrew Donnal is a RT and why they continue to think he can play OG baffles me.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I sure would not move GRob out of his LT post. He needs to fully experience play after play till he gets his mind to figure out how to be better. Isaiah Battle will need to stew a lot longer here before contemplating inserting him over GRob. Next season Robinson/Williams(IR'd) /Battle can have a 3 way fight to see who will be Rams OLT starter.

Garrett Reynolds best playing position is @ OLG. I see no reason to remove him away from where he is the best. If for some reason Havenstein can not go @ ORT then PB needs to use other rookies in his place (Donnal/Battle). When IR'd Jamon Brown returns next season let him & Garrett fight it out to see who will start @ OLG.

Tim Barnes is a NFL center. He has at times has been very good. No reason to mess with him now or in the future. I would sign this 2016 UFA ASAP. If it were me I would place a call to Chicago & call up center Barrett Jones to replace Jamon Brown spot on the active roster so Rhaney could be free'd up to back up both OG posts game day.

Like I have said for some time now get Cody Wichmann inserted @ ORG ASAP. Cody might as well use the rest of the 7 NFL games experience to get ready for next yrs camp battle with "Damaged Goods" Rodger Saffold. With 2015 experience he should withstand Saffold advances & win the ORG post.

Snead done good here with Havenstein @ ORT! But Andrew Donnal is sure to get a ton of work this week here. IMO this ORT post is the best position for Donnal. He should get a chance here to prove he can be RT Rob Havenstein's back up in the future.

LT- Robinson/ Battle
LG-Reynolds/ Rhaney
OC-Barnes/ Barrett Jones
RG-Wichmann/ Rhaney
RT-Havenstein {+}/ Donnal

Last edited: