Who would you like to see on the o-line for the rest of the season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
After the injury to Brown, I'm not really sure what our next best lineup would be. Seems like Reynolds and Havenstein are the only ones playing consistently right now. Do we just bring in Wichmann for Brown, or do we shuffle the line around again?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Don't shuffle, keep the line as consistent as possible - we don't want to mess about too much :-/

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
We need to see Wichmann. Donnel looked really really bad in his first game, I don't think it's a stretch to say he may take awhile to build his strength. so see what Wichmann has and hope for a late round lucky find.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
At this point I'd bring up Battle and see what he can contribute. At least as a swing tackle.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Wichmann at RG, everyone else stays where they are.

Todd59

Rookie
For the remaider of the season, I'd be totally fine with just playing Wichmann in Brown's place. But starting next year, I'd like to see

LT - Battle
LG - Robinson
C - Barnes/Rhaney/Draft Pick
RG - Brown
RT - Havenstein

Tim Barnes is a perfectly serviceable center, but the Rams should always be looking to upgrade. And Battle, with a full season and offseason of practice to refine his technique and add strength would be a good replacement for Robinson, and allow him to move to guard, which I feel is a better spot for him.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If you thought G.Rob was bad wait to see Battle be a huge turnstile.

O-line should be

G.Rob-Reynolds-Barnes-Rhaney-Hav

Run the zone blocking and watch Rhaney play like an all-pro on the backside.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Anyone who is potentially in the plans for 2016.

And this is true all over the field.

I know it's an overreaction- but I'm ready to turn the rest of this year into an extended training camp for the 2016 season.

Focus on development and development only.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
First change is Fisher needs to replace Jamon Brown master roster spot on the 53 player roster. Rams DID NOT replace Saffold spot with a OL'er. Isaiah Battle is Fisher's only OL on our Practice Squad. First change then is to call him up Battle to the active roster. Issue is Battle is NOT an interior OL'er like our two OL losses Jamon Brown & Rodger Saffold. So this OL unit is two OG's down.

Since Rams have lost two starting OG's thus far & a OLT is not a need here but there could be some possible options to explore if Battle is on the roster. The present considerations before Boudreau are all first yr OL'ers. Boudreau previous decision from his reserve unit was 4th rd pick rookie Andrew Donnal. He was selected by Boudreau over back up center Demetrius Rhaney & reserve right side ORG/ORT Cody Wichmann. Do we want to repeat that bad day? So we trusted Boudreau/Fisher decision that day & results were disastrous.

I would suggest that Boudreau will think ahead here & go with our best future prospect for the starting ORG post...Cody Wichmann. The 6-2 300 pound Rhaney is NOT the future starter @ ORG. Rhaney might be a future OLG/OC but not ORG. Donnal best OL post would appear to be @ ORT just maybe an emergency plug in @ OLT. The 6-6 Donnal is not currently built for or strong enough to play interior ORG post period this is an issue now.

OL'er Garrett Reynolds could flip into ORG post without any issues but he is currently starting @ OLG post. GRob could slide back inside to OLG and UDFA rookie Darrel Williams could take up the OLT post :unsure::cautious: .This option would result in 3 complete OL changes within one week:eek:.

I would hope that Boudreau would plug in the 6-5 320 plus pound rookie Cody Wichmann as starting ORG post & keep the other four positions the same. If Cody is not up to it then place Rhaney in at starting OLG & flip Reynolds into ORG. With OLT Battle now call up to take the Brown roster spot then Donnal would prepare to be the back up ORG. Rhaney would now prepare to back up both OC/OLG posts. Both Darrell Williams & Isaiah Battle can back up both OT posts. My 2 cents worth.....;)

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have just one suggestion right now..

Move Robinson to Guard.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I really don't want to see Battle on the field at all in 2015. We think GRob is raw? He's got a year-plus of NFL LT experience under his belt. Battle was just as raw and has six months of practice squad experience.

Give him a shot at LT in camp next season, but I do think our best OL the rest of this year probably has GRob on the left edge of it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Been in agreement with Bonifay for some time now on bringing Battle up. He is raw but he has feet and length that you cannot teach and if the Rams don't quit messin around some team is going to snap him up as injuries to these guys continue to mount league-wide. Just bring the dude up ffs.

As to RG no doubt about it I want to see Wichmann. I presume they'll want to go with more mobility, i.e. Rhaney, but never know.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Too late this year to move G-Rob to guard. I think this off-season he needs to go back to guard and we find a true pro-style LT. These "projects" are doing us more harm than good. I really expected to see a huge improvement with him this season, but he plays like his feet are in cement. Put him in a small space, which is typically the guard/center positions, and get a true LT that can play in space. I've been complaining about his inability to play in space all season long. It's not going to get better.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With ORT Rob Havenstein battling an Achilles injury & now has a calf ailment all on the same leg could keep him on the shelf. So not only is Jamon's post in question you can add Havenstein's ORT post. Getting a little thin in this unit now. If Havenstein is unable to play this week the Rams options look to be either OT Darrel Williams or OT/OG Andrew Donnal.

Boudreau refused to go with Williams or Donnal earlier in the Vikings game & went with Garrett Reynolds @ ORT. I have no ideal what would be the best route to take. Hopefully Big Rob can heal quickly enough to play this Sunday.

I would say here that with Foles continuing to QB this team .....I see no reason to rush Havenstein back in there too quickly...we are not in any hunt for post season play anyway.:censored:

Limey

Rookie
Got to get Wichmann in there at RG, he looked very solid in preseason, and we could sure use some solidity in that line.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Orlando Pace and Dan Dierduff!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know GRob is taking heat, and some of it is deserving... But, 2 of those holds were ticky tack.

And... At least he's been durable.

By all accounts he's putting in the work. I still have plenty of faith in him.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Anyone that is clamorimg for Battle to see the field this season, be careful what you wish for. Someone mentioned this would be a chance for him to "refine his technique". With all due respect there is no technique to refine. It's been a complete "start from square one" with him since the day he got to training camp.

He not only was the slowest player in terms of footwork and for someone with his size he was probably the weakest player in terms of his punch and arm strength on the entire unit.

They took him this year with what will be their 5th round choice next year with the idea he will be treated as a red-shirt this year. He has been added to the 53 simply became they need a warm body at this point.

If they are able to scour the waiver wire and bring in a vet OL l my guess he goes right back to the PS as soon as he is eligible.