Who thinks the Rams can win this Sunday besides me?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am probably way too optimistic but I honestly think the Rams have an excellent chance to win their game against the Lions this Sunday. Of course, I would feel a little better if Michael Brockers was going to be playing in the game.

Rams 23
Lions 20

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You're not alone Pace. I believe we can win too.

I'm not sold on dirty d being a playoff caliber team. I believe they have some good players, but I see flaws in their team. With Fish being very familiar with their team (Fish said himself that the lions were the only team he followed closely last year because Fish Jr was coaching there),,, I feel good about our coaching staff putting a better than solid game plan together .

I've also heard that Schwartz sits down to pee .... so there's that as well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
I've also heard that Schwartz sits down to pee .... so there's that as well.

You heard that too - eh? :sly:

Count me in. I think they can and will win.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm in. Have to play smart though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I like it

I've been reading all the doom and gloom over on the huddle this AM and I'm glad to hear some optemism.
As far as Schwartz bathroom habits ,I asked him one day if he wore adult diapers he said "Depends" .
But he is still a bad man who hasn't got any problem hitting you with his purse.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
D is really gonna have 2 pull their weight up, b/c IDK how the O is gonna score more than 20 after last season. Not saying they can't, but when they win, I expect a score of like 22-18 or something like that.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
paceram said:
I am probably way too optimistic but I honestly think the Rams have an excellent chance to win their game against the Lions this Sunday. Of course, I would feel a little better if Michael Brockers was going to be playing in the game.

Rams 23
Lions 20

You sir are WAY to optimistic to say the Rams have an excellent chance of winning because they dont. They could potentially win but the chance is far from excellent, our o line is our biggest weakness and their D line is one of the best in the league. Not much running room, constant pressure on bradford. Our recieving corps is far from proven or even much of a threat to this point. If we win this game it will be because our D line dominated the game and Chris long/Robert quinn have a repeat performance of the saints game last year.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
I'm in. Have to play smart though.
Yep, we can win if we don't turn the ball over, we run the ball effectively and we somehow slow down Megatron (who let's face it, really can't be stopped). But I think all three of those things HAVE to happen if the Rams are going to win.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
IF we can stop the run. We have a shot. We are incredibly thin at DT, with at least 2, if not 3, of our 6 out.

Kevin Smith is no slouch of a RB. If they can establish a running game, we are done.

RAMilyGuy

UDFA
I think it CAN happen, but I don't think it will.

Unfortunately, at this point in his career, Sam is a home-field player. It is going to be loud in Detroit, and our already suspect o-line is going to have a hard time in that environment. I believe in our D, and even our O enough to not get blown out, but I think we lose a hard fought game.

27-20 DET

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Count me in. Rams can win this, but it won't be easy. Hopefully by Sunday afternoon we'll be doing celebratory shots!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
NJRamsFan said:
paceram said:

Rams 23
Lions 20

You sir are WAY to optimistic to say the Rams have an excellent chance of winning because they dont. They could potentially win but the chance is far from excellent, our o line is our biggest weakness and their D line is one of the best in the league. Not much running room, constant pressure on bradford. Our recieving corps is far from proven or even much of a threat to this point. If we win this game it will be because our D line dominated the game and Chris long/Robert quinn have a repeat performance of the saints game last year.[/quote]

OR POSSIBLY because the Lions have the worst secondary in football and for ALL the talent they have on their d-line if Sam gets rid of the ball quickly their pass rush won't get there.

NOW we MAY NOT have an "excellent " chance but IF we win it most assuredly will BE............EXCELLENT :tooth:

had

Rookie
I'll be happy if, for this game, the Rams are competitive, don't get embarrassed, and show some semblance of managing the LOS on both sides of the ball. Actually, I'll be happy not to be suffering acute nausea after the game. And then, if the Rams are competitive, and do keep it close, and do have a shot at winning, I'll up my expectations for the next game. Or whatever.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rams have a shot at winning every game they play. The talent differential between NFL teams is not SO enormous that one is going to win by default. That's just not the case, IMO. It all boils down to execution, execution and execution. I have enough faith in this staff to put together a solid game plan and to put the players in a position to win.

Now ... it's on them to do what they have to do.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
http://www.freep.com/article/20120905/SPORTS01/309050091/Lions-defense-Two-deep-depth-chart

http://www.freep.com/article/20120906/SPORTS01/309060171/1048/sports

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/custom-injury-report.html

Cherlius isn't much of a pass blocker at RT....Sims and Peterman have been wildly inconsistent over the last two years at guard.

They play a lot of no huddle so I expect the Rams to come out in nickel. You can drop and cover these guys without a lot of fear that they are going to carve you up running. Quinn can pin his ears back without worrying too much about getting exploited.

Their secondary even with the two injured players isn't their strength. Bentley is a 176 pound rookie CB......get some tosses and stretch plays to his side and see if he can hold up.

They have some overwhelming skill players but despite the hype is not a complete team and isn't that much different from the team that got blown out in the playoffs.

The Rams need to stay away from blitzing their safeties I think. Even if they get some heat or sacks the potential to give up huge plays to Young, Megatron or part of their other stable is way too great.

On offense keep it simple and don't take big risks. Rotate the backs and run when they spread it out and try to get someone through a crack.

The main goal has to be keep it close by the 4th quarter and take their chances.

SAMTHERAM

I'm with you they have a shot, Here's why:

Fishers Team's offensive plays and "D" schemes / Blitz packages are unknown at this point (advantage). No film-nothing !

Fishers coaches can game plan and adjust better than the horrendous Spags staff.

First game-starters tend to burn out fast in their first showing of the season- we have the younger team !

Both teams are a little rusty at the gate and tend to make mistakes- we have to make less.

We have the superior corners.

We can win by pounding the rock and keeping megatron off the field.

GO RAMS !

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Sure why the hell not. No predicted score from me I'm done indefintely after many years un a row clearly wrong. I had a bet w/ an Eagles friend of mine. I wanted more than anything to see Spags get that first win...the only part I got right was saying JSax first carry td..he laughed hysterically but he got the last laugh. This current team though... it just has that different feeling this time around.

My only other recent successful bet was w/ a Niners friend of mine that the Rams would have more wins in 2010. He stuck a Rams vinyl logo that covered 80% of his rear window...kept it on until the lockout ended.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Another bet in 2008 refreshed..same Eagles friend 2 weeks before the opening game start a stache, whichever team gets that win shave it off..the loser grow it until the Rams first win..oh thank you Bulger, Avery, and one of the few highlights of his tenure...Josh Brown's clutch 50 yd game winner. That damn stache was itchy as a mofo and I resembled an assumed coke dealer. :hahaha:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fudge yes they have a chance! Must score points to keep up with this high powered offense. Where it will get ugly is TD Lions, Punt Rams. TD Lions, FG Rams etc.... So, Sam, take us to the promised land, red zone, on a consistent basis. Cowboys shocked the Giants. Let's have the Rams shock the football world. Rams 34, Lions 31.