Who is this "mystery team" Peter King speaks of?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
QuantumOfSalas said:
I honestly thinks its the Jets.
Why's that? Think they're done with Sanchez now?

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Could it be the Cowboys? Maybe Jerry has fallen in love with Griffen or he's afraid of the skins getting him. Would love to have a Jerry vs Dan bidding war.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Could be...the Broncos??? Despite what Elway says, no know really knows how he really feels about Tebow.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I was thinking Steelers. I don't even know why, just was trying to think of a team that would really surprise me.

Anyway, I tweeted Peter King and asked him to name the team... no response yet.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
X said:
QuantumOfSalas said:

I just have a gut feeling. Because of all these reports of Sanchez being lazy, gets special treatment, not intelligent, basically having the Jets implode, I feel that Rex Ryan is now staring down the barrel of a gun and drafting RGIII may buy him a few more years.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Angry Ram said:
Could be...the Broncos??? Despite what Elway says, no know really knows how he really feels about Tebow.
I was wondering this also. I don't think that they have the goods to get him though. They'd have to give up at least 3 1st round picks and at least a couple of #2's as well.

I wonder about the Jags. A new owner, a new start and Gabbert didn't exactly set the world on fire.

If Al Davis were alive and the Raiders actually had picks, I could have seen them trying to enter the sweepstakes. Al loved him some speed, and a 4.38 for a QB is pretty damn fast.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
QuantumOfSalas said:
X said:
QuantumOfSalas said:

I just have a gut feeling. Because of all these reports of Sanchez being lazy, gets special treatment, not intelligent, basically having the Jets implode, I feel that Rex Ryan is now staring down the barrel of a gun and drafting RGIII may buy him a few more years.

Who knows? They may be thinking they can package up Jackson in the deal and get rid of that headache as well.

edit: Man! Is it still Monday? Disregard that.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Eagles would make sense. Vick is fragile and they won't keep Young to back him up which leaves Kafka? Maybe a couple of picks and Asante Samuel or DR-C. I'd rather have DR-C.
I've read a couple of posts that have tried to paint the Jags as suitors, but really; they didn't bother to help Gabbert with weapons, why give up picks to leave yet another QB even more screwed?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Warner4Prez said:
Eagles would make sense. Vick is fragile and they won't keep Young to back him up which leaves Kafka? Maybe a couple of picks and Asante Samuel or DR-C. I'd rather have DR-C.
I've read a couple of posts that have tried to paint the Jags as suitors, but really; they didn't bother to help Gabbert with weapons, why give up picks to leave yet another QB even more screwed?
Yeah, depending on how desperate they are, we could probably swing a good deal from them too. Their 1st, 2nd, DR-C (or even Nnamdi) and next year's 1st. Or is that too greedy? That would alleviate the need to draft Claiborne, and still give us the opportunity to nab a decent receiver.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
brokeu91 said:
Angry Ram said:
I was wondering this also. I don't think that they have the goods to get him though. They'd have to give up at least 3 1st round picks and at least a couple of #2's as well.

I wonder about the Jags. A new owner, a new start and Gabbert didn't exactly set the world on fire.

If Al Davis were alive and the Raiders actually had picks, I could have seen them trying to enter the sweepstakes. Al loved him some speed, and a 4.38 for a QB is pretty damn fast.

Shoot it could be any team. Or no team @ all and Peter King is just full of it. :roll:

joeybittick

Rookie
X said:
• The Rams, at No. 2, are open for business. Two years ago St. Louis drafted quarterback Sam Bradford first overall, so last Saturday, in a meeting of the new St. Louis brain trust, chief operating officer Kevin Demoff told coach Jeff Fisher and G.M. Les Snead that they didn't have to play the phony card of threatening to draft Griffin. St. Louis is ready to deal its pick, and one NFL source said on Saturday night that the team has already had several feelers—[hil]including one from a team "you would never expect."[/hil] Most likely trade-up partners: Cleveland (picking fourth), Washington (sixth) and Miami (eighth). It's likely the Rams will get the highest compensation ever for a draft choice that wasn't the first overall: at least two picks in the first round plus another.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm

Any guesses? Patriots maybe?

Sorry, haven't read all the replies now so if I am repeating something.... but, how about the Jets?

They seem to have cooled on Sanchez and they like to make a splash.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Warner4Prez said:

Ive heard similar things for the Vikings with Ponder, and it points to a lack of patience for people. I know everyone says RGIII offers more "upside" than these other QBs but shouldnt there be some patience with those QBs and let the teams DEVELOP them and surround them with good weapons on offense? Rookie QBs coming in and playing well is really taking away everyones patience lol.