Who gets the game ball?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Finnegan,Bradford, Amendola and Daryl Richardson
Hon mention to Gibson,Mulligan and Quinn

JMO but Cortland Finnegan is the best FA pickup since Aeneas Williams

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Danny has to get this one. He was more than half of the receiving yards and had a big 3rd down score. With 160 yards receiving, thats more than Mark Sanchez, Blaine Gabbert, Russel Wilson or Jay Cutler threw for this week. As well, he was doing the dirty work at punt returner. Sam takes a close second though for leading us an impressive offensive attack.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I say the Game Ball should go to Coach Fisher!

This looks, and feels, like a completely different team. He's the reason.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Selassie I said:
I say the Game Ball should go to Coach Fisher!

This looks, and feels, like a completely different team. He's the reason.
BING! Winner.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm going to go with players who weren't noticed that much just to be different.

Daryl Richardson. In past years, when Jackson went out, our running game and offense went out with him. Richardson put up huge numbers and made our running game respectable. Eighty-eight yards and a two point conversion score is pretty damn impressive for a backup rookie running back. I think DR's comparison was right; I saw shades of Chris Johnson when I looked at Richardson.

Honorable mentions go to Brandon Gibson (got a touchdown, moved the chains, and proved that he can be a number two wideout in this league), Kendall Langford (got tremendous push up the middle and completely shut down several running plays), Rob Turner (who played a hell of a game at center), Janoris Jenkins (the big hit on Fred Davis was enough to earn him a spot here), Bradley Fletcher (had great coverage the entire game and was always in the right place in run support), Robert Quinn (I thought he had his best game as a pro against the run, and he got a lot of pressure on RG3 as well) and Ty Nsekhe (did an incredible job for a fourth string tackle).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
I'm going to go with players who weren't noticed that much just to be different.

Daryl Richardson. In past years, when Jackson went out, our running game and offense went out with him. Richardson put up huge numbers and made our running game respectable. Eighty-eight yards and a two point conversion score is pretty damn impressive for a backup rookie running back. I think DR's comparison was right; I saw shades of Chris Johnson when I looked at Richardson.

Honorable mentions go to Brandon Gibson (got a touchdown, moved the chains, and proved that he can be a number two wideout in this league), Kendall Langford (got tremendous push up the middle and completely shut down several running plays), Rob Turner (who played a hell of a game at center), Janoris Jenkins (the big hit on Fred Davis was enough to earn him a spot here), Bradley Fletcher (had great coverage the entire game and was always in the right place in run support), Robert Quinn (I thought he had his best game as a pro against the run, and he got a lot of pressure on RG3 as well) and Ty Nsekhe (did an incredible job for a fourth string tackle).
That's a lot of balls.

j/k. Good post.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
libertadrocks said:
Sam had a great game, but Im gonna give the ball to the O-Line.

Which at on point consisted of our 3rd string OT, backup lG(which was signed mid-week), back up C, and starting RG/RT. They still found a way to get the job done. For the most part, protection was good and there were running lanes.
I've gotta go with the O line as well.
It could easily be Sam, Danny, Finny, Boudreau, etc., and they all deserve it.
But to me, what that makeshift O line did was nothing short of miraculous.
Game ball to the O-LINE!!!

GO RAMS!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
Both sides of the ball played for 48 minutes. When is the last time we saw that?

Now if we could just get that other 12 minutes. I know... I'm an A-hole. :7up:

Seriously though, this was a team effort. If I had to point to a single individual though, I might have to agree on Mulligan. And he was absolutely giddy when he caught that TD pass. That was so cool to see.

had

Rookie
I may have been a little too amped during the end of that game to have a level-headed read on who deserves a game ball, or what the win means for the team, but what I saw yesterday was two teams going toe-to-toe, smash mouth, we're going to hit you harder than you hit us, let's see who comes out on top, and the Rams came out on top. It was chippy, it was a little nasty out there, and on both sides of the ball, Rams players would not let the Redskins climb on top. Not today, motherfer. In the 4th qtr, the Rams D held on better than I've seen in many years. More than that, they refused to get beat. Griffin, confronted numerous times by not 2 or 3, but 4 or 5 DBs, intent not just on stopping him, but making him pay. Griffin after the game, saying, 'per se' if teams want to come after me physically, fine -- well, he got a little more than he could overcome yesterday. The thing that strikes me most about the win is that the Rams punched the Redskins in the mouth, said, come on, let's do this, and then kept punching them in the mouth until the Redskins were done. The Rams. It makes me so freakin' proud. An identity begins to emerge for this team. And I guess when I think about how this D wouldn't have been able to climb on top like this last year, and what's different, I have to think about Cortland Finnegan. I have to admit this guy bugged me when he played for the Titans, but man, this guy has game, and moxy, and can hit, and is a nasty motherfer, and I'd give this game ball to him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
had said:
I may have been a little too amped during the end of that game to have a level-headed read on who deserves a game ball, or what the win means for the team, but what I saw yesterday was two teams going toe-to-toe, smash mouth, we're going to hit you harder than you hit us, let's see who comes out on top, and the Rams came out on top. It was chippy, it was a little nasty out there, and on both sides of the ball, Rams players would not let the Redskins climb on top. Not today, motherfer. In the 4th qtr, the Rams D held on better than I've seen in many years. More than that, they refused to get beat. Griffin, confronted numerous times by not 2 or 3, but 4 or 5 DBs, intent not just on stopping him, but making him pay. Griffin after the game, saying, 'per se' if teams want to come after me physically, fine -- well, he got a little more than he could overcome yesterday. The thing that strikes me most about the win is that the Rams punched the Redskins in the mouth, said, come on, let's do this, and then kept punching them in the mouth until the Redskins were done. The Rams. It makes me so freakin' proud. An identity begins to emerge for this team. And I guess when I think about how this D wouldn't have been able to climb on top like this last year, and what's different, I have to think about Cortland Finnegan. I have to admit this guy bugged me when he played for the Titans, but man, this guy has game, and moxy, and can hit, and is a nasty motherfer, and I'd give this game ball to him.

Great post rookie, Finnegan is MY FIRST choice as well,but then JMO he came in without the pressure of a week of press clippings extolling the guy the Rams should have drafted and traded him,he's established , just played his game.
AFTER thinking it over, Sam,SAM ,SAM.He delivered clutch passes, picked his team up, EMERGED ,came of age, shut the hattuhs up.

JMO there's gonna be a lot of game balls to pass out over the Fisher era, but ONE GUY had his balls on the line yesterday and showed he had a pair.
Sammy boy this ball's for you.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
DR RAM said:
Both sides of the ball played for 48 minutes. When is the last time we saw that?

Now if we could just get that other 12 minutes. I know... I'm an A-hole. :7up:

Seriously though, this was a team effort. If I had to point to a single individual though, I might have to agree on Mulligan. And he was absolutely giddy when he caught that TD pass. That was so cool to see.
LOL, I screwed the pooch there. Must have had a basketball clock in my mind, :rofl:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
Great post rookie, Finnegan is MY FIRST choice as well,but then JMO he came in without the pressure of a week of press clippings extolling the guy the Rams should have drafted and traded him,he's established , just played his game.
AFTER thinking it over, Sam,SAM ,SAM.He delivered clutch passes, picked his team up, EMERGED ,came of age, shut the hattuhs up.

JMO there's gonna be a lot of game balls to pass out over the Fisher era, but ONE GUY had his balls on the line yesterday and showed he had a pair.
Sammy boy this ball's for you.

Well put.