Who gets added to the 53-man roster now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, that answers one of the questions ... :)

Glad to see Jonah brought back, though I have to wonder about the reason he failed his physical in Minnesota.
[heavy.com]

Vikings Sign DE, Release Ideal Danielle Hunter Replacement After Setback

By Trevor Squire
Updated Nov 5, 2021 at 5:05pm

The Vikings signed Nate Orchard (left) after Jonah Williams failed his physical on Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021.

The Minnesota Vikings had an ideal Danielle Hunter replacement waiting in the wings, but a significant setback sent the Vikings back to the drawing board.

Los Angeles Rams defensive end Jonah Williams was deemed a high-priority waiver add with the Vikings, Arizona Cardinals and Los Angeles Chargers all filing waiver claims for the second-year lineman. The Vikings won waiver priority over the Cardinals and Chargers, sending Williams to Minnesota, where the Vikings awaited a routine physical before signing him.

The physical didn’t go as planned.

Williams Fails Physical Due to Hernia
The Vikings released Williams unexpectedly on Thursday after he failed his team physical.

“Source said that DE Jonah Williams, who was claimed off waivers by the #Vikings on Wednesday, did not pass his physical on Thursday due to a hernia. That’s why he won’t be joining the Vikings,” the Pioneer Press’ Chris Tomasson reported Thursday night.

The Vikings opted to sign veteran defensive end Nathan Orchard on Thursday. However, Williams had a strong chance of making an impact.

An uber-athletic lineman who can play any position on the defensive front, Williams ran a 4.67 40-time at his pro day, which would have ranked third among defensive linemen in the 2020 draft. His bench (30 reps), 20-yard shuttle (4.14 seconds) and three-cone drill (6.8 seconds) were all better than Hunter’s combine performances in 2017.

D.J. Wonnum figures to be the starter opposite of Everson Griffen for the remainder of the season. Patrick Jones II and Kenny Willekes could see some playing time while Orchard learns the defensive playbook.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'd like the addition of Pinkney at TE to replace Mundt. Rams ran every offensive snap vs the Titans in 11 personel. They need to mix in some 12 personel. Adding a good blocking TE will allow them to do that.

What’s the deal with Blanton? I thought he got some play versus Houston. But, to your point, we have to be able to mix in some 12.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Anyone knowledgeable on hernias? How does he practice and shit with us if he's got that going on and wouldn't the Rams IR him or something?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Anyone knowledgeable on hernias? How does he practice and shit with us if he's got that going on and wouldn't the Rams IR him or something?
There are many degrees to this. Something he could play through, most likely, but would get fixed at season's end.

Tano

Legend
I had a hernia and I didn't even know I had it until it created a lump.

I had to have surgery to get it removed but it didn't affect me at all.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think we have the answer to the last guy to join the 53-man roster. Did not see that coming at all!