Who do you keep?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

My Sources

UDFA
Fisher himself said this is at least a 10 win team. So, that basically leaves Snisher as the dead weight. Sorry guys, no soup for you.

My Sources

UDFA
Fisher himself said this is at least a 10 win team. So, that basically leaves Snisher as the dead weight. Sorry guys, no soup for you!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Who do I keep? My wife.. She's been a real team player for putting up with me through all this losing. Just saying. :cool:

Edit.. I also keep you guys here too. Been many years of agony in the Chat here, and Chat on the other site. Much appreciate you all.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Robinson needs to be moved to guard and reevaluated. This organization has a history of. Giving up on lineman too early. Robinson if he's willing could be a dominant guard.

Boudrrau in my opinion needs to be canned immediately. He's developed Nada. With the right system Robinson and Brown could be really good guards.

Barnes is an overachiever who uses every ounce of his ability to play average on his best days. If he is starting under a new regime then I'd be surprised. If he was around after 1 year under new leadership, I'd be shocked.

You cannot evaluate any Ram reciever because Fisher doesn't use WR like every other competent NFL team does.

fearsomefour

Legend
Grob could be 12th and he would back because of the $0 in savings of he is cut and he is young and a high draft pick.
A guy like Saffold who is under contract is worth talking about. He is under contract but the Rams could free up about $4M under the cap by cutting him.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would say it about 100% certain that the Ram org. is stuck with Greg Robinson for the rest of this season & for the entire 2017 season. They are on the hook in the salary cap to pay him 6.8 million in 2017 for his drive killing holding calls if they play him. I just do not see any NFL team desiring to have Robinson doing the same type of damaging work he has done here for the Rams the last 3 seasons. One would think that would be one stupid trade for our trading partner.

The best we can hope for from this point on until we his expensive contract has concluded is a role as a game day OL reserve. I just not sure GRob is capable of mastering multiple OL post assignments. He has proved he has yet to fully master the left OT post & he has been at it for many years now. Asking him to prepare to play right OT or OG is a sure disaster in waiting. Best to work him as a two post reserve on the side he is use to playing LT & LG.

I am also not sure GRob will handle this demotion mentally. I really think GRob will throw his sucker in the dirt & stomp off. I see a good chance that he will just go through the motions with little desire & care as to how it will effect the overall OL. I see a case of "I could care less just give me my $$ 6.8 million check". I still think he is a better OT than OG. If he was to take the high road here where he could remake himself to the other side of the OL & take his 6-5 340 pound size to the right OT post for another team.
Grob could easily turn into another Ram O line misadventure. The frustrating thing is the team has invested, first FA wise, then draft picks.
There is no reason on paper a tandem at T of Grob and Havenstein should not be physically imposing powerful run blockers. Instead we get paper tigers. The issue is only one of several options. Inability to identify actual skill level/potential on the O side of the ball. Inability to coach them up or inability to match skillset/potential to scheme. Watching the O line it is a bit like watching square pegs and round holes.
As far as making choices would this line be better off the last couple years with Barksdale and Grecko on the line? No doubt. Neither is a perfect player but both have been solid pros. My fear with Grob is that affect but magnified by his physical talent. Leave the Rams an start popping up in Pro Bowls a couple years down the road. I am not cutting a 24 year old who was the second overall pick. Thankfully his contract makes that a non choice.
To me keeping the young core (Grob, Brown, Wichmann, Havenstein) in place and bring in a couple of solid, proven but not top tier FAs makes the most sense. Best case the young line blossoms under a new scheme or OL coach and the vets provide good depth. Worst case the vets have to step in and play, but, they can play at a solid level.
Garrett Reynolds fit this description. Could play more than one spot. Is cost effective and is a solid vet player.

fearsomefour

Legend
Fair enough I suppose.
Until there is a replacement at LT cutting a guy with $0 savings makes no sense. Also, Grob, for all his struggles, played better than Sensabaugh.
Given the youth of the line keeping Saffold made sense to me. Of course, being the Rams, he stayed healthy at G and his play regressed. So, like you said, unless his play dramatically improves, there is no reason to not save the $4.2M under the cap and let him go. When? The depends how other things shake out I suppose.
That is the frustrating thing with this whole line with the Rams. If Saffold could play at his pre first shoulder injury level he would be a value at his salary, but, I don't think he can. Too many injuries, too much down time. Who knows what the team has on the O line now? A bunch of bodies.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
If I’m the Rams I would go hard after Terrelle Pryor in the off season. That guy can be a Pro Bowl receiver with the right QB. Granted, he’s 27, but Brian Billick said if he would have made the conversion from QB to WR a little sooner he’d have multiple Pro Bowls under his belt. He's just scratching the surface of his ability. I love the guy’s competitiveness to go along with his freaky physical skills. Cut bait with Quick. Pryor is bigger and faster but is much, much better. He can be a true number one. Again, his competiveness is off the charts. Only problem is a lot of teams are going to come calling for him. But we have a new stadium and LA weather to offer. Plus the #2 market and a good young QB to grow with. Hope the Rams make their pitch. He would go a long way in Goff’s development in my opinion.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I’m the Rams I would go hard after Terrelle Pryor in the off season. That guy can be a Pro Bowl receiver with the right QB. Granted, he’s 27, but Brian Billick said if he would have made the conversion from QB to WR a little sooner he’d have multiple Pro Bowls under his belt. He's just scratching the surface of his ability. I love the guy’s competitiveness to go along with his freaky physical skills. Cut bait with Quick. Pryor is bigger and faster but is much, much better. He can be a true number one. Again, his competiveness is off the charts. Only problem is a lot of teams are going to come calling for him. But we have a new stadium and LA weather to offer. Plus the #2 market and a good young QB to grow with. Hope the Rams make their pitch. He would go a long way in Goff’s development in my opinion.

Pryor or Jeffery's I'd be fine with either. That would be a nice duo, w/ Britt as our #2

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yeah, and to take it one step further I am not certain Boudreau is all he's cracked up to be. His insistence on shuffling guys around did not work well with a guy like GRob, who is dumb and who plays dumb and needs to be dialed in to one spot. The young talent on this line as a whole has been far too up and down. Even Havenstein, who had a very strong rookie season, has regressed in many of our games this year.

This entire staff needs to be blown up tbh. I can understand if they keep Williams and company around under a vet offensive head coach, but my preference is a more disciplined and less risky defense we can count on game to game. But back to the OL, there needs to be a new sheriff in town for those guys. I'm over Boudreau.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Here's a general look at the prospective 2017 Ram Roster. I have the Rams resigning just 2 of our own UFA's in March: CB Trumaine Johnson & WR Kenny Britt. I have 3 releases from Ram players who are under contract. They are OG Rodger Saffold, DE Eugene Sims & RB Tre Mason with a cap savings approx. 8.2 million.

QB-Goff/Mannion
RB-Gurley/Austin/Brown/Green/Laskey
FB-Harkey/B.Williams
TE-Kendricks/Higbee/Hemingway
WR-Cooper/Spruce/North/McRoberts
WR-Britt/Marquez/Thomas
LT-Robinson/D.Williams/P.Murphy
LG-Brown/Donnal
OC-Barnes/Rhaney/McQuade
RG-Wichmann/Arkin
RT-Havenstein/Battle

DE-Hayes/Westbrooks/Longacre
NT-Brockers/T.Louis-Pasat
DT-Donald/D.Easley
DE-Quinn/Fox/L.Jones
SL-Forrest/Littleton/R.Johnson
MB-Ogletree/Hager
WL-Barron/Grigsby
SS-Alexander/Randolph
FS-Davis/Countess/I.Johnson
CB-Johnson/Hill
CB-Gaines/Christian
NK-Joyner/Jordan

ramfan46

Pro Bowler

A creative mind could use Pryor and Austin on some trick plays. I'd take Saffold money and go hard at Pryor in the off season.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Morning flv but its afternoon to you where you are..;) I just used the below:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/trumaine-johnson-9875/market-value/
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/kenny-britt-6041/market-value/

I'll say this flv that usually my past position on these two players would be to let them test the market much like JJ & Rodney did last March but due to other elements ongoing with this Fisher 2017 roster they would be in very dire critical condition in both units if Fisher did like I would & let them go..........Thanks you very much Fisher.

Corner EJ Gaines would be the #1 corner if Trumaine is let go. Not many know that EJ Gaines is dark pile of crumbles of burnt toast in the bottom of a 10 yr old highly used toaster.....just saw where some sports writer have EJ listed very high on the DB burn list. EJ has lost most of his speed after that foot injury & he had very little to lose. All EJ has is some little quickness & his coverage skills absent the use of his speed. Opponent's know that if they have a one on one set up with EJ, chances are very good that their QB will get a good five yard open zone with EJ trailing & a easy completion. Bottom Line EJ Gaines will never be starting outside material in the NFL any longer. Best place to utilize him is as the Nickle & Dime. Behind EJ is a UDFA who is just about as slow as EJ & 3 WWC's:(. Without Trumaine this corner cadre would be in worse condition that it was when Fisher first arrive. Thanks Fisher!

On Kenny Britt....much of the same type of problems....Fisher has made the bad decision to keep Tavon Austin here for a long time. Fisher made the decision to pay TA 15 million in 2017. IMO TA is not a bonafide NFL WR. What's left the best we have is a UDFA Bradley Marquez a middle of the road slot receiver, there is nothing else here but unknowns unseen prospects of IR riders & bench riders. This WR unit would be on life support if Britt departs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

You as usual are correct here(y). Your last sentence is right on target. Big big mistake. One to be very costly.