Who are you most interested in watching Friday against Houston ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A few players & units spring to mind for me :
The progress of our OL should make for an interesting watch. Ealy was cut, so will we get to see more of Pircher and less of Evans ? Will Bruss have a better start this time around ?
With Bobby Brown injured, who steps up on the interior DL to stop the rush ?
Will Tutu get a few targets now that Wolford will be playing the first half, ... and will McCutcheon prove to be more Superman & not a fluke ?
Will our 2'nd & 3'rd team DB's boost 1 player higher than the competition ?

Will Perkins switch jersey's with Henderson and take a few snaps at RB ?

Whatever happens, continued observable development will be great.
jmo.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I want to see our DBs in action. I want to see our lines in action (and preferably Pircher over Evans, who needs to be traded for a conditional pick). Other than that, I'm not really interested.

swmizzou83

Starter
I want to see Wolford come in and look at sharp as he apparently has in practice. Would also like to see Tutu get a few catches and show the improvement he has made

Rams43

Hall of Fame
In no particular order…

Wolford
Bruss
Kolone
Atwell
McCutcheon
Trammel
Blanton/Hopkins
Hardy
Whitley
Durant
Kendrick
Rochell
Every possible S candidate

My biggest desire is twofold. Is McCutcheon legit? And when will we see one of Rochell, Durant, or Kendrick step up and claim that #4 CB spot?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Would like to see TuTu get a couple of snaps, and want to see more of Lance McCutcheon.

And if these two guys continue panning out ... wow, our WR room is just going to go to ludicrous with the amount of talent we have. It's like the football gods are trying to repay us for the years between the departure of Torry Holt and the beginning of the McVay era.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jamaal Pettigrew :bigcry:

haha
I'm still wanting to see the DB's and who we put out there at RB.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
5 more players get cut on Tuesday, Aug. 23, so these guys NEED to show what they're about.

MachS

Hall of Fame
*Wolford YES
*Bruss ABSOLUTELY

Kolone
*Atwell WONT PLAY UNFORTUNATELY
*McCutcheon IM BRICKED UP

Trammel
*Blanton/Hopkins SURE I GUESS
*Hardy WOULD LOVE TO SEE A SACK

Whitley
*Durant ANOTHER SOLID OUTING HOPEFULLY A PICK
*Kendrick " "
*Rochell " "

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’m looking at the OL to see Bruss. So much was made of him plugging right in, is it a huge problem if he’s not able to do that?

I want to see Atwell running routes and at the very least taking a couple of hits to see if he handles it.

Would be great to see Wolf control the offense.

These games mean very little than evaluations and who knows what the coaches think and already know about these guys.

Move along with no more injuries and let’s get to the regular season.

oldnotdead

Legend
Could playing Wolford mean he's got competition for #2QB? Despite what McVay says, I think this does indicate their concern about how poorly Wolford looked last time he played. IMO Wolford needs to win his #2 position on Friday. He needs a totally solid outing.

Perkins needs to simply continue to play well as he had been. John isn't nearly as elusive as Perkins. He would have been sacked at least twice last week. Wolford may have the stronger arm but Perkins is far and away a better runner bringing another dimension to the game. Perkins will not clear waivers, Wolford would.

This team needs a playmaker behind Stafford. Regardless, IMO the Rams will be drafting a QB next year. That will make Perkins trade bait if Wolford lights it up. Wolford is a decent QB but he's reached his ceiling. Perkins has had 4 consecutive good preseason games. He has flashed in all 4 games. If Perkins has a strong second half and Wolford has a mediocre half McVay will have to elevate the hot hand.

If McCutcheon has a strong game, he makes the roster. They were moving Hardy all over the place and he was in coverage more than rushing the passer. I think they could turn him loose as a pass-rushing edge this game.

Jackson started rough last week but settled down. I think Bruss and Snyder play most of the game. Evans needs to have a good game at RT or he's gone this year because they have run out of places to play him. Arcuri didn't look ready to play last week. He needs a year to let the game slow down for him.

This will be a make-or-break game for a lot of the fringe players. The guys playing the last preseason game will be lucky to make the PS.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I could list a lot. Tops for me;

McCutcheon
Wolford

dang

Legend
In no particular order…

Wolford
Bruss
Kolone
Atwell
McCutcheon
Trammel
Blanton/Hopkins
Hardy
Whitley
Durant
Kendrick
Rochell
Every possible S candidate

My biggest desire is twofold. Is McCutcheon legit? And when will we see one of Rochell, Durant, or Kendrick step up and claim that #4 CB spot?
From my quick view of the Charger game Rochelle stood out of the 3.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The four first-year Edge-players. None of whom may be on the final 53-man-roster

Daniel Hardy (#44), Benton Whitley (#51), Keir Thomas (#96) and Brayden Thomas (#98).

Believe the Rams are thin at Edge. Floyd is an excellent overall Edge. Don't like the term "Edge-Rusher" because I think it's too limiting. Huge part is the player's ability to "set-the-edge" on outside runs, which Floyd and Von Miller were excellent at ... as opposed to Dante Fowler and Clay Matthews who were good edge pass rushers but could be exploited by not holding the edge or stringing-out plays against the run.

After Floyd, there's Justin Hollins, Terrell Lewis and Chris Garrett.
I like Hollins all around game but think he is limited as a pass rusher. Like Lewis' talent but durability and consistency are issues. Fingers crossed on Garrett but all we really have to go on is his 2021 pre-season-tape; and he does not seem likely to play in the next two weeks due to injury.

That's it. Figure the Rams open with 4 or 5 Edge players on the 53. Maybe Garrett could be short-term-IR.

So maybe 1 or 2 of the four first-year Edge players make the 53. All four played a lot last week, with Hardy and Whitley starting.

I was most impressed by Keir Thomas who showed some power and speed; and played with good leverage. When McVay was mic'ed with the Rams' TV booth, he commented twice about the importance of Thomas 'setting the edge' in run-defense. McVay noted when he did an excellent job on one play but commented when he failed to do so on another.

Thought Hardy, followed by Whitley showed the most athleticism, speed and agility; while Brayden Thomas looked like a power-rusher but showed a decent spin move on one late-game-pass-rush.

Would love for one of the four to separate himself; and one or two others to show enough to make the PS.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Like to see more outside pressure so Hardy & Whitley to start plus I think we are all interested to watch Wolford as he's played well in camp.

Lance McCutcheon to see if he can follow up with another good game and the RB's especially if Kyren Williams plays along with Jake Funk again.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wolford looked very good in TC running the 1st team, however he will be at a disadvantage to Perkins vs Texans. Wolford mostly ran the 1st team offense and will have little experience starting with the 2nd team, who had Perkins running them.

After 10 days and watching both QB's run over 300 snaps in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11, it was clear to both VRF and I that Wolford was much better than Perkins in going through his progressions, reading the defense, and pass accuracy.

I'm glad Wolford is going to play. I think he needs time vs another defense. I also hope Atwell get some playing time.,

Of course Wolford may stink it up and Perkins run his way to a victory, but I doubt it will change McVay's mind on who his #2 QB is, based on what both did in TC.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would like to see the 2nd team offensive line look this way with Wolford:

LT...Jackson
LG..Anchrum
C...Kolone (who had a good game last week)
RG...Bruss
RT...Anybody but Evans.

Like to see Arcuri or Brewer at RT to start let Evans come in later. I doubt that happens because that could be the starting unit tomorrow with Evans at RT, but I'd like to look at the two others.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Shutterstock_10457662cb.jpg
oct-30-2011-saint-louis-missouri-us-rams-cheerleaders-during-the-nfl-DKD227.jpg
london-uk-27-october-2019-rams-cheerleaders-during-the-nfl-match-cincinnati-bengals-v-los-ange...jpg