Whitworth: "We needed this."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams LT Andrew Whitworth, on this game: "The reality is, we needed this. We need some adversity. It's not to say that we didn't need to come back and win that game, but you know what, some of the adverse situations in this game — on the road, in a really hard place to play, against one of the best defenses in the league — to play the kind of game that we were in, and for this team to be in the game we were in, I think it shows that we're legit and we're the real deal. If we get this opportunity again in the playoffs, if we get a chance to get in, we'll be prepared for it."

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Totally agree with the big man. We came out firing but never really felt comfortable in this game. Key players making key mistakes is what did us in. It's just one game tho, we'll bounce back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, now that we got it, go out and punish the Saints next week, Big Whit! That man is such a leader. :love:

KDS73

Rookie
Well then he's gonna be a happy man in the coming weeks, cause there's sure to be plenty of adversity.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Tough loss for a confident young team . I hope it knocks them back to reality , they gotta work at their skill at all times to be the best . I am anxious to see how our new coach handles this loss. I have a feeling he is going to have this team on fire next week . We shall see.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If we beat the saints next week this loss will be a growing hiccup. The saints game will show us if we can win in the playoffs or if today was our reality. Tough loss after a hot start but I think the team will use this to punish N.O. If we lose next week I'm getting concerned.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If we beat the saints next week this loss will be a growing hiccup. The saints game will show us if we can win in the playoffs or if today was our reality. Tough loss after a hot start but I think the team will use this to punish N.O. If we lose next week I'm getting concerned.
Depends what kind of game it is. If we lose in the same fashion, yes I will be concerned. But if it’s a close game, you can’t be that upset. Rams will probably lose next week.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah, great wisdom and leadership from Whit.

Can the Rams become that hard-nosed playoff team that can grind out points against top defenses?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Totally agree with the big man. We came out firing but never really felt comfortable in this game. Key players making key mistakes is what did us in. It's just one game tho, we'll bounce back.

Big man? You mean Whitworth, or @x ?
Seriously, Whit. will be one of the anchors that help mature this team down the stretch.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Mark Ingram is having a career defining season so far.. Mix in Kamara and yeah as a Rams fan I'm definitely nervous about that combo. Last year aside we've pretty much owned the Saints. Yet one can never dismiss Brees and Payton either. Don't know what much more to say. They had an impressive late 4th quarter win today. Their defense is also very good. disciplined and nothing that resembled the one ran by the Rob Ryan tenure.

fearsomefour

Legend
So much down to health too.
If we are playing our 4th and 5th CBs in the dime it's gonna be rough. Might have to score 35 to win.

jap

Legend
You are always going to have growing pains with a young squad. These young kids have been growing up game by game before our very eyes. They had a setback today, but they can build off what they have learned and defend their home turf against the Saints next weekend. We have given Brees the business before, hassling him with pass rush pressure like he never had before, especially when Chris Long was still here and The Mighty Quinn was in his prime. Time to go back to those days using the SonOfBum's style.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
better today than in the first round of the playoffs. Hopefully the offense wakes up now

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Adversity? I guess that could help the team in the long run or .......
we could have just continued to bust everybody's ass until we thought we were unbeatable.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Thanks Whit, I actually feel better about this loss.

Watkins is a gamer, put him in the slot with Reynolds outside. Kupp needs to sit a few.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks Whit, I actually feel better about this loss.

Watkins is a gamer, put him in the slot with Reynolds outside. Kupp needs to sit a few.

I'll say the same thing I said after Woods' bad game against the Redskins, it's one game. A lot of people wanted to bench Woods after that game too. Great football coaches don't take punitive measures against players because they make excusable mistakes. These guys are human. They take punitive measures when a guy keeps making the same inexcusable mistakes.

If Kupp were running the wrong route or getting called for a bunch of false starts, you bench him. You don't bench him because he dropped a pass (on a day where he caught 6 passes) and because the defender ripped the ball out as he was going down. Those are mistakes that can happen to any player on this team.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I'm not sure that game means we are "legit and for real". We couldn't do anything on offense and our D gave up in the 4th, even our perfect punter showed his weakness

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Depends what kind of game it is. If we lose in the same fashion, yes I will be concerned. But if it’s a close game, you can’t be that upset. Rams will probably lose next week.

If we lose a close game or by any points, its not about being upset, its just realizing that maybe were not as good as I thought. Teams that make strong playoff runs bounce back from these kinds of losses, especially at home.