Whitworth continues to be well worth his contract.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Wade said something about losing Joyner effecting the defense during his press conference... He seems to have been playing well.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Wade said something about losing Joyner effecting the defense during his press conference... He seems to have been playing well.

No surprise there, Joyner is lowkey good at the free safety spot; imagine if he was taller

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

Interesting. Notice these graphs all show the photos of the top two players in each category...UNLESS one of those players is a Ram. In that case you take the 3rd best player. :rolleyes: Skipped right over Sammy, who was tied for first!!

DKovPrLW0AAznfA.jpg

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. Notice these graphs all show the photos of the top two players in each category...UNLESS one of those players is a Ram. In that case you take the 3rd best player. :rolleyes: Skipped right over Sammy, who was tied for first!!

View attachment 21825

they probably don't have a photo of him in a rams uniform in their files and couldn't be bothered making one before posting.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I was all-in on Whitworth, but I have to admit that I didn't have any idea he would work out this well...He not only has been one of the top LT in the league but I'm positive that he's rubbed off on not only the other linemen but most of the team...What a terrific signing...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Along with McVay himself, Whitworth was definitely our best signing this offseason. I love what McVay and Snead have done to this team in such a short amount of time. They highlighted our weaknesses. LT / C / WR and just plain fixed it, with the best signings that were pretty much available.

Whitworth is probably the best LT in the league and he just oozes class at the position, I'm so glad he didn't turn out to be the bust many 'experts' claimed he would be because of his age & change in scheme etc.

Woods and Watkins - I feel so bad for the the Bills! I'm so stoked with these two signings because they were both guys that I wanted us to draft originally! I'm loving seeing them in horns - and Watkins is getting more comfortable each game, it won't be long before we get 2 100+ yard games out of these guys... ohh... wait a minute... :)

Sullivan - I love this guy, he was an under the radar player for me I have to be honest, but I've been watching him closely - I just love the lanes he bullies open for Gurley and the football smarts he brings to the table (along with Whitworth) is definitely rubbing off on the rest of the line.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Arguably the biggest upgrade the Rams made anywhere.

Of course we're right back to where we were a few years ago; a vet LT holding down the position, but only for the here and now. We badly need a succession plan, there's plenty of tread on those tires, and injuries could occur at any time. We must also consider that there will come a time when he's decided he's played enough football, and that could come before the end of his contract.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Just think how good Lamarcus Joyner could be if he had a good enforcer playing next to him @ Strong Safety.

I comprehend that LJ has seen about 1/3 of his defensive snaps @ the Nickle but all the accommodations given to Fisher as HC on his abilities to judge DB's??? playing LJ out of position @ CB for 3 seasons appears to be a misjudgement to me. I have always thought highly of LJ & felt that he could be a leader in the secondary & now.............

LJ will be a UFA in March along with Trumaine Johnson, Cody Davis, NRC & Mo Alexander IMO LJ is the top priority of the five.

Ref. SS Mo Alexander has been in on a ton of tackles but that number is seriously tainted.. SS Mo is most always late to the party or responsible for a big run play with a big whiff.If Mo departs & refuses a decent offer then Wade could shift Mark Barron back into his original All American DB post @ Strong Safety.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Brockers has been playing behind AD since 2014 season. DC Wade & DL coach Johnson has been moving MB all over the DL. Brockers has been cemented in the NT post & I have posted for many seasons how MB would be a impact DL if he was able to play other DL posts. I was alone in my position. With the hold out of AD & the lack of impact resulting from that hold out.....MB has shown that he can take over a game too. Last Thursday MB had SIX Solo Tackles & a INT.

Having two other NT types in 6-1/290 lbs Tanzel Smart & 6-2 315 lbs Tyrunn Walker gave the DL coach the opportunity to free MB up. If I could have any imput on what happen with the Cowboys I would have MB & AD playing both DE posts on a regular rotation giving the Dallas OL some additional headaches.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_LARams/status/912847200992088065

Age be damned, he's keeping Goff clean and that's doing well for his development.

When it comes to old age & ton of experience the OL unit is outside the norm from the other team units. Normally youthful & green OL units end up being pathetic in game performances.

Rams drafted a boatload of OL'ers in 2014 & 2015 NFL drafts & went with starting rookies & other low experienced OL'ers & disasters followed. In 2017 Kromer went with 35 yr, 29 yr, & 32 yr old OL'ers @ OC,LG & LT posts with good results. Jamon Brown & Rob Havenstein both in their 3rd season are now just getting it together to produce a decent game performance.

I would hope Snead can draft a future LT prospect in 2018 so this prospect can get in Whitworth's back pocket to learn as quick as possible what it takes to be an effective LT in the NFL today. Whitworth will be 36 yrs old before the season ends.:notsure: Even then there's a good chance it will take 3 to 4 seasons of experience before any divedens come from the investment. By that time the OL'er is a UFA.

Last edited: