which would you prefer to do to get QB this Spring?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
A) Signed Fitzpatrick (3 year mid level offer), and draft the 2nd rated QB prospect without moving heaven and earth to move up to top pick. So assume our QB depth is as follows:
Fitz as starter and bridges the gap until are Rookie is ready & Mannion go w/ 3 on game day

B) Trade up and take top rated QB, pay the piper (2-1st & 1-2nd)

C) You tell me, but I don't forsee Brock Osweiler being available, and to be fair not enough game film to hitch my wagon to him just yet. And Not sure he would leave the ponies for the Mighty Rams

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Possibly take a QB if he is there when we pick IF the talent evaluators believe he is indeed better than Mannion. Otherwise, roll with Mannion and have Keenum as our back-up. Go after BPA in the draft. In FA - look for trade possibilities or UDFA to potentially call signals if better option than Keenum or Mannion with eye toward grooming Mannion long term.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Possibly take a QB if he is there when we pick IF the talent evaluators believe he is indeed better than Mannion. Otherwise, roll with Mannion and have Keenum as our back-up. Go after BPA in the draft. In FA - look for trade possibilities or UDFA to potentially call signals if better option than Keenum or Mannion with eye toward grooming Mannion long term.

Which FA, would you want? Fitz would be best bridge type QB if they "do like Mannion" long term wise IMHO

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Assuming Osweiler and Cousins are retained...

- Trade for either EJ Manuel or Geno Smith (a 6th may well bring either one)
- Sign any one of Fitzpatrick, Matt Moore or Chase Daniel to be your "vet" option
- Let those two and Mannion fight it out in camp

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Assuming Osweiler and Cousins are retained...

- Trade for either EJ Manuel or Geno Smith (a 6th may well bring either one)
- Sign any one of Fitzpatrick, Matt Moore or Chase Daniel to be your "vet" option
- Let those two and Mannion fight it out in camp

EJ Manuel scares the hell out of me. Not sure if he can process the game fast enough. I think I read they liked Geno "not on my watch" Smith so I think he's staying. Again not sure he's a true upgrade from Case K

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's time to trade up and get the guy they like best. The QB position needs fixing.

Keep Mannion as future back up. If he gets to play and looks good maybe they can trade him for a first or second rounder a la Kevin Kolb.

Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch or Jarred Goff should be in their sights.

BTW I will be totally shocked if they draft a QB in the first round.

FRO

Legend
The Jets aren't going to let Fitzpatrick go. Bradford will be retained by the Eagles. There won't be many vet options.

I would look into trading up. If it's too costly, then look at the other QBs in the draft.

We are in QB purgatory.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I don't endorse Fitzpatrick but even still, he's not going anywhere. Unless Chan Gailey leaves the Jets, he's gonna stay put.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take option C. Draft the second rated QB and keep Mannion. If we can get one of Lynch/Goff, we're golden.

Now, if we're discounting them. I take Option B or C. I don't think Fitzpatrick is the right guy for this team.

In option C, I sign the top FA QB (likely Kaepernick) if he's willing to take a reasonable deal and then draft one of Cook (1st), Wentz (1st/2nd), or Brissett (2nd). In option B, I pay the piper. I'd rather not give all that up...but if we have to, so be it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If there is a guy in the draft that they think is the one, do what it takes to go get him.

Absent that - I prefer RGIII, Kaep, or Manziel (who likely won't be available now) to a journeyman vet.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
There are no Qbs in next year's draft worth 2 1st and a 2nd,so that's out right off the bat.I would trade a 2nd and or a lower pick if we were within a few slots of Cook,Lynch or Goff.In the meantime let Mannion start the last 3 games. He will get much needed experience and we can see what he can or can't do.

Athos

Legend
Get Chase Danie maybe.

Draft Goff or Lynch or the dumpster fire offense will continue.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Sign a FA quarterback and draft a legit WR in the first. And find a MLB for JL's eventual replacement in the 2nd. Unless there's a Patrick Willis type LB in the first. Then flip flop the WR in the second.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
While Kaperdick, Gurley and TA in the same backfield and a OC that could scheme them would be intriguing, just draft one early in the 1st. Pay the price needed, get it over with. Who knows or cares if he's elite. Roll the dice.and see what happens. 15-65 didn't get us elite so there's no guarantee. Just better than avg. would be a huge improvement.
Mannion? As desperate as this regime seems to be to win this year, like they know they're coaching for their jobs. If they thought Mannion was the guy he would have started getting lots of practice snaps about week 3 and would have been the one to replace Foles.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft the best quarterback you can. What round depends on what the Rams think of Mannion. Let the new guy battle it out next spring with Keenum and Mannion. Mannion's second year could be a breakout year. Forget about signing a mediocre (Fitz) or dud (Kap) free agent.

Schmitzer

UDFA
Thinking about Mannion, does our coaching staff think anything of him? If so, why wasn't he the backup, so he can get reps in practice? Why wasn't he ready when there is a time of need? Why didn't he get reps when Foles started deteriorating, and even when Keenum had a concussion? It's not as though we have been competing for a wild card, and he hasn't even seen a series IFAIK.

Our starters regularly complete < 50% of relatively short passes, rarely for more than 200 yards passing. If our staff thinks he is worse than that, he will never see the practice field, let alone a game.