Which Team Goes After Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Can't believe this thread started before the SB.

This has been the topic of discussion this week on the radio. Thank goodness as winning the SB was too much a Phila love fest and boring. Back to football talk...

Eagles have to take advantage of their window to win SB (s). Keep Foles as Wentz should stay out at least half the year.
Wentz is shooting for early season comeback. He is still walking with a cane. I wouldn't trade Foles even for a first round pick.

Who would be their backup, I mean starter next year?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't see any Team willing to part with more than two 2nd rounders for Foles, He is a product of the Philly system, I don't see him carrying a Team for a full 16 game season. JMHO

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a 5 year contract that couldn’t go past year 2. Just so they could spread the signing bonus out. Seems hokey to me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the correct business decision for the Eagles is to keep Nick Foles on the roster. They have a backup who just did the job in taking the team to a championship, why create another hole when you have a QB who runs to contact and might get hurt again.

I do think Peterson did a masterful job of utilizing Nick's strengths, but don't want to take things away from Nick here and as it pertains to Roseman's decision making that doesn't mean he can do the same with any QB at the backup position. Certainly not a rookie. That route could succeed but comes with a lot of unnecessary risk vice just letting Nick play out next season insulating the team against another injury to Wentz.

As to the market, Smith and Garoppolo were both flipped by beneficial organization decision making, i.e. to teams where things favored them having success, but regardless the market was sort of set at a round 2 pick by two consecutive deals not to mention the aborted deal between the Bungles and Browns (reportedly a round 2 and 3 pick). Eagles probably won't get more than that for a guy who needs a certain level of quality around him; it's not, after all, the first time that a backup level QB looked lights out in a Super Bowl with a great team around him.