Which Ram would you “invest” in?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
As most know, the best investment is one you can buy low, then sell high.

With that in mind, which player who is currently a big question mark or, perhaps, just a guy few are talking about, could you see having a breakout season and a significant impact in 2021?

Here are three guys I'm "buying":

Jake Funk: He's a penny stock at this point, but I think he could be a real value. His college career was marred by injuries, but he has been healthy of late, and followed a productive 2021 (shortened) campaign with a very nice Pro Day. Looking at his tape, he's a no-nonsense, cut and go, type runner with good vision and balance. I think he could become a complimentary player to Darrell Henderson and make a real difference.

A'Shawn Robinson: Last year, he was unable to play for the first several games, then was thrown into the mix mid-season. He's now reportedly in great shape, and will have a full training camp. And, of course, he'll rarely face double-teams playing next to a certain game wrecker. I think he'll have Rams fans quickly forgetting Michael Brockers, and carving a reputation for himself.

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo: Maybe its because I really liked the guy coming out of college... Maybe its because I don't trust that Terrell Lewis (who is a more gifted athlete) will stay healthy... But my guy tells me that Obo will emerge as a bookend for Leonard Floyd and the newest member of the "Aaron Donald made me a star" club.

Which bargain are you investing in?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robinson is the clear choice. He’s had success and is still young enough to build his career into a very successful Ram IMO.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think Rochell and Harris will be superstars in the future. Rookie years are all about getting acclimated into the NFL. In the second year these young guys now really focus on technique and improving their game as they don't need to just try to think about what they are doing. That is why normally, their 3rd year is a breakout year, as it was with Darious Williams. That said I think both Rochell and Harris will really begin to show their promise a year early, i.e. next year.

Rochell is everything you want in a CB, he's the perfect match for Ramsey. There is no guarantee the Rams will be able to keep Williams with the escalation of contracts and the number of FA they must sign. I think Rochell was drafted with that contingency in mind. Which is why IMO they tagged Williams instead of extending him as I expected. If they can extend Williams that will make this secondary truly 4 deep.

Harris is the "Everett" type of player Gerald never was while he was here. Harris has superstar written all over him. Megatron v.2? I'm not sure you can go that far but we are looking at talent to rival someone like Kelce at his position. He will add a new dimension to McVay's passing offense starting next year IMO. Just imagine McVay's 11 personnel offense when defenses must account for Woods, Kupp, Tutu, and a "Kelce" like TE in Harris. Add to that picture Stafford who is a master at understanding and dissecting zone defenses. With Woods and Kupp underneath with Tutu and Harris taking the top off the secondary. One missed tackle and it's TD with any of these guys. With a secondary backing up, a run by Funk with his speed against a light box will be a backbreaker.

That is why IMO this season is only the warmup to next year in which McVay will unleash a truly backbreaking offense. With their potential for having a lockdown secondary with Ramsey, Rochell, Fuller, Rapp, and Burgess no team is going to want the Rams on their schedule next year.

Morris really doesn't need a SCB in that he can play 3 safeties. That is the beauty of Burgess and his CB like speed who truly can play a boundary to boundary single-high FS. Morris can play man on the boundaries and zone underneath with Fuller and Rapp, both of whom are underrated ball-hawking safeties. With the ball-hawks outside and underneath opposing QBs will be throwing into a secondary of raptors. One mistake and that ball will be going the other way.

Yeah, my money is on this whole damn team which is as loaded as any I've ever seen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A'Shawn Robinson: Last year, he was unable to play for the first several games, then was thrown into the mix mid-season. He's now reportedly in great shape, and will have a full training camp. And, of course, he'll rarely face double-teams playing next to a certain game wrecker. I think he'll have Rams fans quickly forgetting Michael Brockers, and carving a reputation for himself.

That’s a good one.

I’m buying some Earnest Jones because I think he gets game snaps. Something about how “statistically underwhelming” he surprised people on draft day tells me the Rams see some secret sauce with him. I’ll buy some of that and dream of a London Fletcher outcome.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I’m gonna go with Fuller and Edwards as 2 guys who will have “statement” seasons. For that matter, throw SJD into the mix of guys who will become known and impress outside of this forum.

I think a couple of our rookie defensive guys are gonna turn some heads by season’s end, too.

TexasRam

Legend
If we are talking who I want to get under contract now I would look at Corbett.

Dude could be a really solid Center and if not you already know he can play at a high level at guard.

Plus, consider the alternative. You don't pay him and lose him to free agency. You are already losing Big Whit.

Do you really want your mid 30's QB running for his life every play?

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
When calling a shot (Babe Ruth pointing to his HR, Joe Namath guaranteed win in SB), there should be a clear result.

Havenstein gets a Pro Bowl nod.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
David Edwards. With Whit getting older I think Edwards will be our best OL this year.

Jacob Harris is my second choice. I think he'll make an impact his first year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is a cool thread Avenger. :thumbsup1:

Some great names up there above and a bunch more that I like that could also be chosen. But I'll go with Jefferson. The guy showed up in the playoffs for us. He's got those young legs and the route running expertise. Think the scheme was a bit much for him year one but it makes sense he's ready to hit the big time.

IMO he's going to replace either Kupp or Woody. Kupp if he gets injured again come playoff time. Woody otherwise. And during the season he's gonna be a big part of the plan to keep Kupp fresh too by limiting his snaps a bit. Big season coming for our year two wideout IMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Austin Corbett. I think he'll be an excellent starting center, and I hope we re-sign him if he's as good as I think he'll be.