Which NFC West QB will have the best overall regular season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Volnerman08

Rookie
Well I think the thread title is pretty obvious guys. I'm just curious as to everyone's thoughts on this. I'm going to say Bradford, though that could just be the usual Rams honk in me showing through :)

RamzFanz

Damnit
It depends on what you count. Bradford will not win most yards rushing or attempts.

Pretty much everything else is possible.

Volnerman08

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I probably should have been more clear. I just meant best overall play in general, which is why I chose Bradford

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Id say Palmer will probably have the most passing yards, Wilson highest YPA, Bradford most passing TD's and Kaepernick most rushing yards. In short; they will each excel in a different category.

However, by the end of the season, I believe that Sam will be seen universally as the best passing QB in the division.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bradford.

Wilson? I have a hard time hating the guy, but let's face it; he rides a good defense. He needs to prove he can do it with his arm.

Kaeperdick wasn't very good last year on a very good team. Why expect better, unless they cut the field in half?

Palmer? He throws picks when the money is on the line. Window = mostly closed.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Bradford.
His stats before injury we're greaaat QB stats. An those we're stats with the young/inexperienced/inconsistent group of receivers! But that's not us anymore.
Bradfords gonna be healthy, know the playbook n players better.

Soooo to answer your question.....Bradford will.

A55VA6

Legend
1. Bradford
2. Wilson
3. Kaepernick
4. Palmer

I can see a 30 TD season for Sam Bradford even though the Rams may throw the ball less. I just feel like this is the year.

Volnerman08

Rookie
I'm shocked but very happy that everyone has picked Bradford so far. I'm so pumped up for the season to start.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd have to go with Bradford as well. I think he is simply the best true QB in the division and his TD/Int ratio will be far better than the other three. I think he and Palmer will be fairly even in yards passing. Kaperdink will no doubt rush for more yards than any in the division but I think we will pick him at least a few times between sacks. RW will still be fairly effective but not really excel in any one area. Palmer may throw as many INTs as TDs - especially when playing against the West.

RamzFanz

Damnit
1. Bradford
2. Wilson
3. Kaepernick
4. Palmer

I can see a 30 TD season for Sam Bradford even though the Rams may throw the ball less. I just feel like this is the year.

Two points:

These are not popular points but for pure QB play if everyone stays healthy, I can see Palmer beating out Kappy.

I can see a 40+ TD season for Bradford based on his production last season minus early WR drops and wild penalties.

Then add in a healthy line, WR experience, a run game and Richardson. I'm liking it.

I would bet every ROD dollar I have that, if he plays 16 games, he tops 40 TDs.

Volnerman08

Rookie
Bradford throwing 40 touchdowns. I like the sound of that. That would also probably mean we are in the playoffs :)

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Two points:

These are not popular points but for pure QB play if everyone stays healthy, I can see Palmer beating out Kappy.

I can see a 40+ TD season for Bradford based on his production last season minus early WR drops and wild penalties.

Then add in a healthy line, WR experience, a run game and Richardson. I'm liking it.

I would bet every ROD dollar I have that, if he plays 16 games, he tops 40 TDs.

Whilst I agree SB is certainly capable of 40+ TD's, I think this season might be 1 year too soon for that, I'm thinking mid to high 30's. Love the optimism though.
If he did get that many, what's your opinion on the dispersal of them? 1 guy with 10+ or a few guys with 6, 7 ish TD's?

Last point: Richardson?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Whilst I agree SB is certainly capable of 40+ TD's, I think this season might be 1 year too soon for that, I'm thinking high 30's. Love the optimism though.
If he did get that many, what's your opinion on the dispersal of them? 1 guy with 10+ or a few guys with 6, 7 ish TD's?

Last point: Richardson?

Thank you for asking, it's too early to call as far as spread. TA will have 7-10 passing IMHO if anyone steps up.

Richardson is gone and, man, that sucks. Used correctly, dude is a stud.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
This guy.

c2d2f9da2ea511e3908222000a9f146a_8.jpg

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Thank you for asking, it's too early to call as far as spread. TA will have 7-10 passing IMHO if anyone steps up.

Richardson is gone and, man, that sucks. Used correctly, dude is a stud.
Ahh you mean Daryl Richardson? I liked the guy too. Just shows how much the team has improved in talent that we had to let him go. I can't remember the last time a guy we released was claimed off waivers! :p

I think we'll see Cook get 10+ TD's this year. A full season with Sam in his second year in the offense will see a spike in his production IMO.
Also agree that Tavon will probably get a lot of TD's. His catch/TD ratio last year was very impressive, especially for a rookie.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm gonna have to go with Shawn Hill on this one. ;) Sounds like he's killed it these OTAs. Like the coaches said, even Bradford is competing.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I kinda hope Bradford has an average year in terms of stats, at least volume stats.

I think if he has more games where he goes for 220 yards and a touchdown or two that'll be a whole lot better for this team than 300+ and 3 TDs. That second type game has usually been more indicative of the Rams being in a hole and having to throw out of it.

I'd rather that first one while the Rams milk a score or two lead running the ball, and letting the other team try to pile up passing stats against that pass rush (good luck!).

I don't care if every internet rag and hater on the forums say, "Bradford's just along for the ride" if the Rams go to the playoffs, let them talk. I can see this team winning this way.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Id say Palmer will probably have the most passing yards, Wilson highest YPA, Bradford most passing TD's and Kaepernick most rushing yards. In short; they will each excel in a different category.

However, by the end of the season, I believe that Sam will be seen universally as the best passing QB in the division.

I'd say Palmer, Wilson, and Krapondick will take the sack more than Bradford, so you can say Bradford wins based on that ;)