Where would the Rams be with “consistent QB play?”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Probably in the same position that would be if the current defense showed up early this season.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
IMHO I think we would be 9-3 right now with a healthy Bradford.I think our defense would be ranked better as well there were a few games that the offense put them in a bad situation.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The Rams as they are configured don't need a Aaron Rodgers like QB. They just need a QB that is very secure with ball and can be enough of a threat to hit the open receiver.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rams as they are configured don't need a Aaron Rodgers like QB. They just need a QB that is very secure with ball and can be enough of a threat to hit the open receiver.
True, they don't need one. But imagine if they had one?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
True, they don't need one. But imagine if they had one?
With this defense a Warner team would be almost unbeatable. Even a pre beat half to death Bulger might have a good chance to win a superbowl.
The thing would be, if with a top QB the Rams could really attack early in the game, get ahead so the D could pin it's ears back. The 99 team had a great D, but the Rams now are much better of putting pressure on the QB.

jap

Legend
I thought the Horns with a healthy Sam would have made the playoffs last year. As bad as it sounds, Sam's injury was fortuitous in one sense: without it there is no way we commit highway robbery by taking GRob and Aaron Donald in the 2014 Draft Round One.

With a healthy Bradford this season, who knows? At the most optimistic view, we might even be undefeated. With Sam running the show, teams could not load up on the run like they were earlier against early Shaun & AD. The early blow out losses may never have occurred if Sam were present to impact the entire game with his quick release and canon-esque arm to hit ante with accuracy in a hurry.

After having limited success with AD & Shaun, how would Quick, Kenny, Sted, Tavon, and especially Givens respond to a QB who can reach them virtually anywhere on the field? What would Tre, Zac, and Benny do with a big arm QB who prevents the opposing D from focusing too strongly on them?

Even so, having our D maturing and having to step up to carry our up & down O can carry major dividends if they can carry that attitude and increasing performance into next season. We just may might sneak into post season play this season, but I can't see us going much further with our present active QB's. In 2015, though . . .

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing that really had me excited was watching Bradford arm in preseason the way he was completing 3rd and 25 and just making it look easy. Britt would really be talked about because Bradford trusted him to climb the ladder and make the catches. His arm strength combined with his accuracy he would be a top 5 qb this year

moklerman

Warner-phile
I wonder just how much the Rams were considering this year "the year"? I mean, with as much youth, new DC, etc. I'm starting to think that whatever was done this year was gravy and that it's all supposed to come together next year. Which would lead one to believe starting over at QB might not be their plan of action.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Considering there are three games where we were beaten badly ( AZ excluded that was a brain fart we should have won)IMO two of those we could have won and maybe all of them , so IMO we could be 11-1
OTOH I don't discount a let down game and that some of our wins COULD BE that the other team didn't prepare for a team with one loss , took us lightly , I don't THAT will happen again though .
Still 11-1

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
12 up, 0 down...and Super Bowl bound! ( I have got to start taking my meds....)
No just keep drinking this stuff, you'll be fine
kool_aid_2.jpg
And remember this..
The Rams are the first last-place team in NFL history that no one wants to play." :D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
With the D playing as it is now, we could very easily be 8-4 with Davis/Hill, just a shame it took them a while.
I don't agree entirely. Stupid mistakes and untimely turnovers(from the QB's) killed a few would be wins for this team....more so than shoddy defense.

I don't agree entirely. Stupid mistakes and untimely turnovers(from the QB's) killed a few would be wins for this team....more so than shoddy defense.

Maybe 7-5 then, I think we win the Dallas and 49ers games if we play up to what we're capable of.