Where the hell is Father Guido Sarducci?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd like to hear his take on this whole bountygate saga.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
X said:
I'd like to hear his take on this whole bountygate saga.
Yeah, me too. Does anyone have a way to contact him?
He's lurking. That's why I called him out. :lmao:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, the Saints must "pay for their sins" and the Father knows how to tally up what each one costs. He is a fun guy on the board.

Name
Guido
Oh, I'm here. I'm always around.

:cheese:

I am anxiously awaiting word on the players, because that should really give an indication on what kind of evidence that Goodell has in hand. I have no doubt the pay-for-performance practice was in place and I also do not doubt that payment was available for "cart-offs" and "knock outs", but I do not think that there was well organized bounty system targeting specific players for intentional injury.

Payton, Vitt and Loomis received their suspensions for lying to Goodell about putting a stop to the p-f-p system after being warned more than once. If Goodell does not have solid evidence that players willingly took part in intentionally injuring an opponent and receiving pay for the act, I cannot see the NFLPA standing for it. That is why I believe the labor law firm was hired by the union to represent players.

I do have much more to say and am open to questions from y'all, but it will have to be later this evening.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
AsylumGuido said:
Oh, I'm here. I'm always around.

:cheese:

I am anxiously awaiting word on the players, because that should really give an indication on what kind of evidence that Goodell has in hand. I have no doubt the pay-for-performance practice was in place and I also do not doubt that payment was available for "cart-offs" and "knock outs", but I do not think that there was well organized bounty system targeting specific players for intentional injury.

Payton, Vitt and Loomis received their suspensions for lying to Goodell about putting a stop to the p-f-p system after being warned more than once. If Goodell does not have solid evidence that players willingly took part in intentionally injuring an opponent and receiving pay for the act, I cannot see the NFLPA standing for it. That is why I believe the labor law firm was hired by the union to represent players.

I do have much more to say and am open to questions from y'all, but it will have to be later this evening.
I'd like to hear what you think about the "no head coach til Vitt gets back" scenario raised by John Clayton today.
Here's the audio if you'd like to hear it (starts 24 seconds in).

[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/04/04112012104401.mp3[/rp3]

Doesn't sound like a rational plan to me. I just can't see coordinators and assistants lording over the team without a figure-head in place (for 6 games). Sounds like a recipe for anarchy, but I could be overreacting to that.

superfan24

Starter
Agreed with X can't see that working either.
Any mention of Spags being HC for a bit/what's the fan reaction to Spags coming to NO?

Name
Guido
superfan24 said:
Any mention of Spags being HC for a bit/what's the fan reaction to Spags coming to NO?

I can't see Spags steping in as HC, even on a six game basis. He has his hands full implementing a whole new offense. I can see the HC by committee approach working, though, in that interim. Both Kromer and Carmichael are quite capable of acting as a HC. I can see Kromer handling the daily duties while Carmichael takes over on game day. Both are long time members of Payton's staff and will be able to keep a sense of continuity in the operations more so than utilizing Spags or another outsider.

As for our take on Spags, we are tickled shyteless! You can already see his impact in the free agent pickups on defense. I have no doubt the defense will see vast improvement this season.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I just want to know what you think of Jo-Lon Dunbar...

What are we getting?

superfan24

Starter
AsylumGuido said:
superfan24 said:

I can't see Spags steping in as HC, even on a six game basis. He has his hands full implementing a whole new offense. I can see the HC by committee approach working, though, in that interim. Both Kromer and Carmichael are quite capable of acting as a HC. I can see Kromer handling the daily duties while Carmichael takes over on game day. Both are long time members of Payton's staff and will be able to keep a sense of continuity in the operations more so than utilizing Spags or another outsider.

As for our take on Spags, we are tickled shyteless! You can already see his impact in the free agent pickups on defense. I have no doubt the defense will see vast improvement this season.

thanks....you guys will be happy with Chambo and definitely with Spags at the helm for your D.

Name
Guido
QuantumOfSalas said:
I just want to know what you think of Jo-Lon Dunbar...

What are we getting?

I love Dunbar! He just starting stepping into his own. We simply could not afford to keep him. He is a good kid and a high motor player. I wish him the best and I am sure he will give it to y'all.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sarducci,

I hope you don't believe that Payton, Vitt, and Loomis didn't condone the bounty program. You should accept the fact that they all knowingly allowed it to be installed, and they also decided to continue with the program after having been told to stop it (they had their "out" right there if they really wanted one). They were all willing participants in The Program.

They weren't suspended just because of their lying. Their lying was certainly a part of it, but they are clearly guilty of much more than just that.

Maybe you're thinking the same thing , but I'm not sure from your post. :tooth:

Name
Guido
superfan24 said:
AsylumGuido said:
superfan24 said:

thanks....you guys will be happy with Chambo and definitely with Spags at the helm for your D.

Our biggest weakness on the defense was with the LB corps. I am pumped picking up Chamberlain, Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne all in this off-season. That could very possibly be the new starters entering the season.

Name
Guido
Selassie I said:
Sarducci,

I hope you don't believe that Payton, Vitt, and Loomis didn't condone the bounty program. You should accept the fact that they all knowingly allowed it to be installed, and they also decided to continue with the program after having been told to stop it (they had their "out" right there if they really wanted one). They were all willing participants in The Program.

They weren't suspended just because of their lying. Their lying was certainly a part of it, but they are clearly guilty of much more than just that.

No, I truly doubt there was as much of a "program" as you believe and the media has surmised. But, knowing you as well as I do, I expected the extremist view.

:mrgreen:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
AsylumGuido said:
Selassie I said:
Sarducci,

No, I truly doubt there was as much of a "program" as you believe and the media has surmised. But, knowing you as well as I do, I expected the extremist view.

Wait a minute... I don't believe that there was really a "program" either. You don't know me like that.

All I'm saying is... Payton, Vitt, and Loomis seem to have the stage set for their return already. As if they really were guilty of less than GW in a HUGE way. Meanwhile, GW is somehow seen as someone many are saying should not even be able to return from suspension.

I see plenty wrong with that.

Name
Guido
Selassie I said:
AsylumGuido said:
Selassie I said:
Sarducci,

Wait a minute... I don't believe that there was really a "program" either. You don't know me like that.

All I'm saying is... Payton, Vitt, and Loomis seem to have the stage set for their return already. As if they really were guilty of less than GW in a HUGE way. Meanwhile, GW is somehow seen as someone many are saying should not even be able to return from suspension.

I see plenty wrong with that.

Don't forget that Williams had the same thing going on at Washington and more than one person said that Gibbs had no idea it was going on.

Payton and Loomis said they told Williams to stop whatever might be going on after being warned by the league on multiple occasions. They took the blame for his not stopping whatever it was. But, it was Williams that ignored orders from the league and team. Once again, I can't believe players would carry out his wishes and there were no players injured beyond regular play that woud support that they did.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well,,, sounds like Loomis and Payton run a very loose ship. Surprised that Aint Nation would welcome back a leadership group with such a history of no institutional control.

LOL

Name
Guido
Selassie I said:
Well,,, sounds like Loomis and Payton run a very loose ship. Surprised that Aint Nation would welcome back a leadership group with such a history of no institutional control.

LOL

Considering it also has brought them a winning tradition and a Lombardi Trophy there is no room for surprise.

Laugh is on you, my friend. Here is to more championships in New Orleans.

:ww:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Come on Selassie, you know Nawlins has some good eats down/over there anyways.