Where the hell is Father Guido Sarducci?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Forgive me father for I have sinned, it's been 10 years since my last confession...

Has NO thought about Spags as the interim coach? The guy does have three years of head coaching experience, and I thought his players always played hard for him.

Name
Guido
brokeu91 said:
Forgive me father for I have sinned, it's been 10 years since my last confession...

Has NO thought about Spags as the interim coach? The guy does have three years of head coaching experience, and I thought his players always played hard for him.

He is, of course, one of the names mentioned, but I would say he is the least likely. As I mentioned earlier, he has way too much on his plate trying to install a whole new defense. The lack of continuity would also be an issue.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Bounty Gate? Hell I have had one going for years & years in my mind. Hell YES we need to knocked down, beat them us & SCORE! Pay them extra for it? NO! They make enough. Why would wE pay the defense to put the hurt on the other team? Put a target on somebody's back? NO! Lets target them all... NOW LETS GO GET THEM BOYS MAKE WISH THEY NEVER HAD TO PLAY US :omg:

Name
Guido
Here an article which should clear up some of the erroneous thinking of many talking heads. This is by Jeff Duncan of the Times-Picayune. Some of you have commented very favorably on his works that I have linked here in the past. I can verify he has been very straight forward and professional throughout this whole ordeal. He seldom holds any punches when it comes to the Saints.

Blowing the whistle on the bounty whistleblower is a waste of time

ORIGIN/BACKGROUND: The initial probe began in 2010 after the Minnesota Vikings alleged the Saints had a bounty program for their NFC playoff games against the Arizona Cardinals and Minnesota Vikings, according to Peter King's March 12 Sports Illustrated story. Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, linebackers coach Joe Vitt and defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove were interviewed by NFL investigators, according to the SI story. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league interviewed "numerous players and other individuals" and at the time everyone "interviewed denied that any such program existed." Goodell also seemed to indicate that the initial whistleblower was a single player, saying "the player that made the allegation retracted his earlier assertions."

The case was reopened late in the 2011 season after the received what it called "significant and credible new information" that suggested there was indeed a "bounty" program in place. League officials notified Saints owner Tom Benson of their findings just before the Saints' NFC playoff game against the Detroit Lions on Jan. 7. The investigation continued through the rest of the playoffs and into the 2012 offseason. League announced its findings on March 2.

As you can see, there was no three year long investigation as some people misrepresent. There was one initial investigation following the 2009 season and it was reopened prior to the Detroit game in January 2012. Nothing was done by the league in the interim.

EVIDENCE: The NFL report said the investigation was based on "multiple sources." Citing league sources, Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com reported the league had more than one whistleblower.

After re-opening the investigation in late 2011, NFL investigators were given permission by Saints owner Tom Benson to access the club's emails. These emails formed the bulk of the 18,000 documents cited in the NFL report. The 50,000 pages of documents were simply the printouts of the emails.

This verified but I'm assuming the vast majority of the emails were irrelevant to the bounty program. It's unclear whose emails were confiscated and for how long but the NFL said some of them corroborated evidence gleaned from other sources and interviews.

NFL investigators can readily access any email that's been processed on the league's server. Even emails that were deleted can be retrieved.

And these NFL investigators are top-notch sleuths. Most are former FBI or law enforcement agents.

From what I've been able to gather, the information in the emails confirmed the evidence gleaned from outside sources and solidified the NFL's case. The emails were the proverbial nail in the coffin for the Saints.

The exhaustive 50,000 pages of gathered evidence that many claim to be so damning is almost entirely trash. It wasn't the result of extensive investigating, it was all produced in early 2012 by printing out all 18,000 emails that went through the Saints NFL email server.

Many of the mass media have thrown out the fact that there were 50,000 pages of evidence that supported Goodells case so everything they were guessing happened must be true.

None of this means that nothing happened, but it does prove that you can't believe everything you hear and read.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
AsylumGuido said:
Joe Vitt has been named as the Saints interim head coach.
well, he is the only guy with interim head coaching experience. :lol:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
More revelations just being released...

Boudreaux died and was on his way down to Hell. In anticipation, the Devil turned up the thermostat to make it extra warm for Boudreaux. When Boudreaux arrived, the Devil asked, "Hey Boudreaux, how do you like the heat down here?"

Boudreaux says, "Mais, it's just fine. It reminds me of Bayou Pon Pon in July."

That made the Devil mad. That night, he turned the thermostat up all the way it could go. Man it was Hot! When Boudreaux woke up, the Devil asked him, "NOW how do you like it down here?"

Boudreaux says, "Mais, it's fine. It reminds me of August on Bayou Lafourche."

As you might expect, that made the Devil all the more mad. Well, that night, he turned the thermostat down all the way it could go! The whole place frosted over. Icicles started forming from the rafters. When Boudreaux woke up, the Devil asked him, "How you like it NOW Boudreaux?"

Boudreaux, shivering, through blue lips, says, "Mais cher, I'm one happy Cajun!"

The Devil was infruriated! He yelled, "What do you mean you're one happy Cajun?!!"

Boudreaux, still shivering says, "The Saints done won the Superbowl!"

Don't look for a repeat Sarducci.

Name
Guido
Selassie I said:

Boudreaux died and was on his way down to Hell. In anticipation, the Devil turned up the thermostat to make it extra warm for Boudreaux. When Boudreaux arrived, the Devil asked, "Hey Boudreaux, how do you like the heat down here?"

That made the Devil mad. That night, he turned the thermostat up all the way it could go. Man it was Hot! When Boudreaux woke up, the Devil asked him, "NOW how do you like it down here?"

As you might expect, that made the Devil all the more mad. Well, that night, he turned the thermostat down all the way it could go! The whole place frosted over. Icicles started forming from the rafters. When Boudreaux woke up, the Devil asked him, "How you like it NOW Boudreaux?"

Boudreaux, shivering, through blue lips, says, "Mais cher, I'm one happy Cajun!"

The Devil was infruriated! He yelled, "What do you mean you're one happy Cajun?!!"

I am absolutely looking for a repeat. As much as it may tear you a new one, the Saints are positioned to make run this year and years to come.

Oh, and Hell didn't need to freeze over. All it took was assembling enough talent to win it all. It is still there.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
AsylumGuido said:
Selassie I said:

I am absolutely looking for a repeat. As much as it may tear you a new one, the Saints are positioned to make run this year and years to come.

Oh, and Hell didn't need to freeze over. All it took was assembling enough talent to win it all. It is still there.

This time next year, I think the Rams will be able to say the same thing. Enough talent will finally be back in the house to rule the roost. (Probably after next year's draft)

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Ramhusker said:
AsylumGuido said:
Selassie I said:

This time next year, I think the Rams will be able to say the same thing. Enough talent will finally be back in the house to rule the roost. (Probably after next year's draft)

DREAM ON SARDUCCI no way is it going to happen.