Where for art thou Stedman?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WvuIN02

Starter
Kind of a contradiction, don't you think? You're mocking Givens and his "whole two and a half catches a game" while saying rookies don't do much in the NFL, but I guess you missed the NFL *rookie* record Givens set last year relative to consecutive games with a 50+ yard catch.

I also said Bailey will get his shot eventually, but Givens hasn't done anything "this" year. All I heard was how he was going to be this dominant receiver, and he doesn't even look like a decent number 2 at this point. When teams actually notice you and gameplan for you like they have Givens this year, it's time to put your big boy pants on and step up to the plate. That's the problem, when teams can put a guy over the top of you and keep those big gains from happening you have to be able to do other things. It's the same thing that has happened to Mike Wallace, he is on a team where he is the guy and he can't handle it because he isnt very physical to fight for balls and he isnt a good underneath route runner. 1 trick pony.

Regardless, at some point you have to drop the development, project, work-in-progress etc tag and become a dominant receiver. The second half of the season will be telling.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Anyone hearing any reasons as to why Bailey isn't getting more PT? I thought he was the more well-rounded receivers coming out in terms of route-running. I know he's heavily involved in special teams, but I just wonder why he's not getting rotated into the offense more often.

I guess he'd have to take snaps away from Givens or Pettis in that instance, but ... so?

I just wanna see him in there more...
I'm sorry But I agree with Dude man and the others I think Bailey would be a excellent 3rd down or 1st and long WR.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I think one of the main reasons stedman is int getting the game time is simply his build at the moment... He's 5ft9 ish, which is only slightly bigger than tavon, and he's build is just as slight as tavons..... he doesn't have the explosiveness that tavon has...

One for the future defiantly, but I'm not surprised he hasn't featured as much as we all would like.... Now is the perfect chance for him though, get him prepared for next season :)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think the draft order argument is soundly defeated by DR over Pead and NOW Stacy over Pead.

I too would like to see Bailey getting some downs but if he doesn't earn them whadayagonnado?

Bailey will IMO get a shot , but we need to realize his college production was only an indication that he was a good option when coverage's were rolled to Tavon by college secondaries where their best CB was rarely as good as an NFL teams worst.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think one of the main reasons stedman is int getting the game time is simply his build at the moment... He's 5ft9 ish, which is only slightly bigger than tavon, and he's build is just as slight as tavons..... he doesn't have the explosiveness that tavon has...

One for the future defiantly, but I'm not surprised he hasn't featured as much as we all would like.... Now is the perfect chance for him though, get him prepared for next season :)
Well yeah ,he's depth and won't see the field much unless people ahead of him get hurt or falter badly.