What's your current opinion of Gurley? good? great?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
ht_tony_the_tiger_thg_120330_wblog.jpg

How many of you heard "Heeeee's great" in a baritone voice the second you saw this?

Odd fact: Wikipedia doesn't have any reference to his tag line "They're Great".

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Arguably the best RB to come out of the college ranks in last two years. Todd Gurley (2015), Tre Mason (2014) But then again... I'm pretty much a homer!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Gurley and his new army of massive Marines represents a huge uptick in our offensive capabilities. I'm as scared as I was with Bradford, which was a LOT, but I think that risk was worth it and so is this. Sometimes you roll a 7 and sometimes you break the bank and he was the only break the bank shot Snisher had.

He's like a Faulk - Jackson hybred.

I like it. It was a great pick. That being said, I have no idea if he will be good or great until this story unfolds. Being an optimistic homer, I will go with the upside and Great.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I agree with everyone saying how it depends on how good he will be after his ACL heals.

I think he could be a version of Steven Jackson (when he was young and wasn't jumping around at the line of scrimmage (y)).

For those who live under a rock and haven't seen some of his highlights here you go!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If he didn't have the injury, I'd love the pick. But I'm concerned after the last bit of luck we've had.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
He gets me excited in a way only my wife has been able to achieve since Faulk retired. Now that doesn't mean he'll be great but you know what I mean.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard it reported (maybe Fisher?) that said Gurley's knee is structurally perfect right now....Not a medical man myself, but this sounds good to me.....Anterior Cruciate Ligament, be thou well! As for what Gurley will do, I'm think Eric Dickerson, good!:lifting:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really wish he would have taken the #29 jersey. He looks a lot like Dickerson with his physical stats, and runs a little like him too. I mean, it's been over 25 years since ED had the jersey. It's time to move on and let it be used by a top running back. I REALLY think he'd look much better wearing #29 than the #30 he's going to wear. :(

tempests

Hall of Fame
I've seen him play, he's everything they say he is.

At his peak, I'm hoping he's a 1500 yard, 15-20 TD guy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He looks like the Next Eric Dickerson to me..
Whenever you watch a game with Gurley in the backfield everyone's holding their breath waiting for the next time he touches the ball. That's the kind of player he is. There's a reason why so many people called him the best player in this draft.
And I hope this translates to the NFL, But I'll be holding my breath until he hits the field and proves it!!

nighttrain

Legend
Whenever you watch a game with Gurley in the backfield everyone's holding their breath waiting for the next time he touches the ball. That's the kind of player he is. There's a reason why so many people called him the best player in this draft.
my choice also, I'm of the belief Fisher did all his home work. Gurley is like AP, a once in a generation RB
train

nighttrain

Legend
I heard it reported (maybe Fisher?) that said Gurley's knee is structurally perfect right now....Not a medical man myself, but this sounds good to me.....Anterior Cruciate Ligament, be thou well! As for what Gurley will do, I'm think Eric Dickerson, good!:lifting:
Fisher was quoted as saying it was a clean tear without any of the usual collateral damage, and should be 100 %. Fisher is the guy who's job this decision hangs on. Gotta believe Fisher til proven wrong
train

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
So far I love how he interviews - dude has ZERO subtext

The reporter asks him to talk about his last two days since being drafted -- you know expecting him to talk about his whirlwind of emotions -- but instead breaks down exactly what's his last two days have been like "I had two hours of interviews, then took a flight here, had breakfast, etc"

He'll tell you exactly what's up

Dude is gonna be a Ram legend
I have a feeling