What's your current opinion of Gurley? good? great?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Sure, it's too early to know for sure, but after you've seeing his college highlights and considering everything you've heard in the media about our new running back Todd Gurley ... what is your opinion about his future with us?

Will he be average, good, or "big time" great?
And what reasons are behind your opinion?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Just a huge question mark until the knee heals and he plays on it.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he's good now. if he plays well for 5 to 10 years, then he's great. c'mon ACL surgery success story.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I just pray he stays healthy. Fish rolled the dice, gotta respect him havin the cajones to do it; no way I would have taken him there regardless of available medical information. Really hope it works out cuz if it does he will give this team a big boost on offense.

jjab360

Legend
Whenever you watch a game with Gurley in the backfield everyone's holding their breath waiting for the next time he touches the ball. That's the kind of player he is. There's a reason why so many people called him the best player in this draft.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I just recall watching him, and he screams ED (glides) w/ the ability to catch the ball. A better LT/Edge rb
His acceleration (usa national olympic team-wow) and vision are sick... I would put him on the PUP List and protect ourselves from being able to get him in early, then once he's on 53 man team, ease him in and make him battle for starter role...Basically giving him a full year too 13 months (Dec) then turn the keys over to him..
Remember the re-check on ACL was a clean and simple tear, has best chance recovery without any concerns too date.

Frank Gore had 2 acl tears in college, Mcgheee once.. So I feel good w/ med advancement

I was sky high on him before we drafted him...So greatness is my answer!!!!

Last edited:

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Great player, I expect him to be a top 5 back if healthy. He changes the way the D will approach stopping the O. I also really like the potential Mason has in a change up role. Gurley can be the straw that stirs the drink for the offense. He will create match ups for the WRs and TEs and he should add considerable pop to the ground game.

Thrilled he's a Ram under Jeff Fisher, I screamed and scared all 3 of my dogs when his name was called. He signifies the direction of the Offense. Run by, through or around you and do it some more. Sprinkle in some Play Action and a smothering D and you have a team that should be in every game.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Myself, I'm actually getting more and more excited about seeing him on the field late this coming season. If he's truly a "once in a decade" kind of running back, then wow!!! Awesome!

Do you think he would've still been available at pick #15 ?
In other words do you think the Chargers would have taken him if he were still on the board?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ht_tony_the_tiger_thg_120330_wblog.jpg

RamEERS

Pastor
the dude ran all over the SEC... the SEC! this isn't the big 12 where you're going to chuck it up and hope people catch it.. this is smash mouth SEC where every inch has to be earned and he was running past the best defenses in college football
As for his knee surgeries.. plenty of RBs have come back from them fine... lol.. including AP who took it all the way on the first play back from ACL surgery... he's not a fragile QB like someone we know..
I like the pick (though i think i rather get a line.. ) I think it was a bit of a reach.. but if we can have this guy running over seahawk players.. can we really complain about the pick?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
when was his surgery? i may be wrong but i thought i heard 9-10 months. i saw a video of him running full sprint on a treadmill but thats not football moves and contact. he needs to sit longer and take his time learn as much in the mean time until he's super 100% and also has been taught up in the mean time. Mason and Cunningham can take care of it in the mean time I'm confident in them with a decent line.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Went to UGA, saw AJ Green play in person 20 times. Todd Gurley is a better RB than AJ is a WR.

…..

Legend
I suspect that Chris Long will have Todd Gurley carrying everyones shoulder pads to and from the practice field. If Chris is happy, I'm happy.

jap

Legend
TG's performances will define his level of greatness. One thing I can definitely say is that I am most proudly a Gurley Man! :ROFLMAO:

jjab360

Legend
^^ Mason ran over the Seahawks...
And then averaged 2.5 YPC in the season finale against them. A lack of a running game is a big reason why we couldn't put that game away after a relatively good start, being up 6-0 at halftime.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Myself, I'm actually getting more and more excited about seeing him on the field late this coming season. If he's truly a "once in a decade" kind of running back, then wow!!! Awesome!

Do you think he would've still been available at pick #15 ?
In other words do you think the Chargers would have taken him if he were still on the board?

Apparently, he was Miami's target in round one - so, no. Trade down and we lose him.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparently, he was Miami's target in round one - so, no. Trade down and we lose him.
I'm thinking the same. He would have been gone before #15

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Whenever you watch a game with Gurley in the backfield everyone's holding their breath waiting for the next time he touches the ball. That's the kind of player he is. There's a reason why so many people called him the best player in this draft.

This.

My biggest concern; his injury was non contact.