What's wrong with this picture?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'll help. Walmart is inexpensive so their customers are able to afford products where they would not be able to otherwise.

If there is a Walmart in your area, you can have far more for less.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Right? $24.44 for Igloo coolers? Who do they think they are? SEARS?

That's fair market value right there cuz those look to be 24 quart, with handle and molded in ruler for fishies.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll help. Walmart is inexpensive so their customers are able to afford products where they would not be able to otherwise.

If there is a Walmart in your area, you can have far more for less.
For sure, but More for less is a consumer viewpoint.
I'm talking about More with Less...which is an employer viewpoint, which affects the consumers directly...not to mention the middle class economy.

Thankfully not all fat corporations have gone down this More with Less business model. Why is it that you can walk into a busy Starbucks and have 5 or 6 happy employees there to serve you a cup of coffee? Drive thru at 6AM peak hrs...painless and quick.
Yet when you walk into a Walgreens there are 2 or 3 crabby employees plus a mgr there that needs to serve everyone, run the register, run a photo lab, run the backdoor/vendors, answer phones, do price checks and manage an entire stores day to day workload? Tried going through a drug store drive thru lately? Pack a lunch.

Another example is McDonalds. Go inside. There are 10 or 12 employees on staff and whether you like Big Macs or not, you're going to get your shit quickly...same with the drive thru. Painless. Now go to the big time Kroger supermarket and try to find a checkout where there's no line....or find a floor person to see if there's anymore Bud Light or that 99 cent can of beans thats on sale but wiped out on the shelf? Ghost town, but their saving money on payroll at YOUR expense.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Last time I was in St Louis (2012) I saw more Kings gear than Blues gear at the airport. I was pretty shocked to be honest.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Don't blame the humans that actually work there fellas.
The More with Less labor model is the corporate way anymore. Despite record profits due to higher prices and frontline payroll budget cuts, these big company CEO's and board members running the show will continue to offer crappy customer service and are only in business to better themselves and manipulate the stock price for the shareholders....all the while corporate will hound the frontline employees to step up in the face of futility and frustration.
They will spend spend spend on things like marketing, advertising, retail consulting and cosmetic remodeling...but will NOT put bodies in their stores to help you.

What is scary is that this model is becoming the norm for hospitals. When cuts are to be made it isn't the big wigs making millions, it's the cleaning staff and nurses that go. Our local medical center just cut back cleaning to once a week routine stuff and once a month thorough cleaning. It's a freakin hospital! It has to be clean! They are trying to require RNs to clean rooms, but it isn't in their contract. Meanwhile that place seems to have an administrator for every nurse. It is so top heavy it is going to eventually have to fall.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm talking about More with Less...which is an employer viewpoint, which affects the consumers directly...not to mention the middle class economy.

Thankfully not all fat corporations have gone down this More with Less business model. Why is it that you can walk into a busy Starbucks and have 5 or 6 happy employees there to serve you a cup of coffee? Drive thru at 6AM peak hrs...painless and quick.
Yet when you walk into a Walgreens there are 2 or 3 crabby employees plus a mgr there that needs to serve everyone, run the register, run a photo lab, run the backdoor/vendors, answer phones, do price checks and manage an entire stores day to day workload? Tried going through a drug store drive thru lately? Pack a lunch.

Another example is McDonalds. Go inside. There are 10 or 12 employees on staff and whether you like Big Macs or not, you're going to get your crap quickly...same with the drive thru. Painless. Now go to the big time Kroger supermarket and try to find a checkout where there's no line....or find a floor person to see if there's anymore Bud Light or that 99 cent can of beans thats on sale but wiped out on the shelf? Ghost town, but their saving money on payroll at YOUR expense.

Price - Speed - Quality

You get to pick 2 for just about any business.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They still had a better year! But I concur with your assessment!

Yes they had a better year, but many positives were forgotten when they epically choked against Indi. They stink, I knew all year they weren't for real.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Price - Speed - Quality

You get to pick 2 for just about any business.
Pretty much, and forget product familiarity and knowledge
here in So. Cal we have a smallish grocery chain called trader Joes, Happy employees fair pay and benny's good service and quality products at a fair price but yes this is a rarity.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
It's the same where I am in Northern Nevada. Whiner crap everywhere. Funny how the idiots from here claim them as their "home" team. SF is hours away and most of the inbreds here hate the city.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

Another example is McDonalds. Go inside. There are 10 or 12 employees on staff and whether you like Big Macs or not, you're going to get your crap quickly...same with the drive thru. Painless. Now go to the big time Kroger supermarket and try to find a checkout where there's no line....or find a floor person to see if there's anymore Bud Light or that 99 cent can of beans thats on sale but wiped out on the shelf? Ghost town, but their saving money on payroll at YOUR expense.

Mojo Ram is exactly right. It's a messed up system when the rich corporations get richer, while negatively affecting our day to day shopping experience.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I used to live in Fayetteville Arkansas while Sam Walton was alive. He would come to the Walmart there in an old pickup with his hunting dogs in the back. Dude was real. HE would have jumped on a register.

I would watch people talking to him, just chatting, hunting - fishing - stuff, and they had no idea he was a billionaire. I talked to him once about canoes.

I was young but I had read his biography. He would crack me up. Cheap old dude but real.

His kids? Not so much.

I live in Fort Smith Arkansas Im sure you know where thats at... rough being a rams fan here all my friends and pretty much everybody in Arkansas are cowboys fans.