What's to be enamored with Bortles/Carr?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I guess I'm just saying, it seems like a wasted draft pick. Either the guy is starter material or he shouldn't have been selected. Because here we sit, looking for a QB in the 2016 offseason.
Dunno. Potentially interesting and appropriate phrasing though. We really don't know if he is in their plans for a starting role or if they are really looking at QBs in early rounds. It may very well be just us fans that are assuming they are looking at QBs in the first.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Blake Bortles
4428 passing yards
35 passing TDs
18 Ints
88.2 QB Rating
Jaguars: 23.5 PPG

Derek Carr
3987 passing yards
32 passing TDs
13 Ints
91.1 QB Rating
Raiders: 22.4 PPG

Teddy Bridgewater
3231 passing yards
14 passing TDs
9 Ints
88.7 QB Rating
Vikings: 22.8 PPG

Rams QBs
2805 passing yards
11 passing TDs
11 Ints
74.1 QB Rating
Rams: 17.5 PPG

So at this pace it will take the Rams qb 3 seasons to match 1 year of TD production for Carr or Bortles.
Seems pretty close

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Weird thread. Both Bortles and Carr are very good QB's and I would be happy with either one of them playing for the Rams.

Ram Pat

Rookie
We never had a chance to get Bortles. I watched all of his UCF college games. Before he was drafted, I told everyone here that he would be the top QB drafted and that he deserved to be by far. Most of the Draft Gurus here at ROD said otherwise. Again, we never had a shot of getting Blake. Take him out of this.

The other 2...

Carr seems to be a good player to me. He does have one hell of a talent at WR who helps his cause,,, but I like Carr.

Don't like Teddy. Pass.

We had Sammy in the stable here when these guys were coming out. Carr and Bridgewater weren't the best options for this team when their #s came up on draft day. Again, Blake wasn't an option.

I'm just thankful our decision makers were somehow able to get out from under Sammy before his contract ran out. That was a real miracle to me.

Rams took Greg 2nd, and before he could get on stage Jax was running up with their card for Bortles, I knew that was a mistake.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sam Bradford was Sam Bradford for the Eagles

If this move was a blunder it was for Chop Kelly - Chop decided he'd be the smartest guy in the room and go against a proven track record of disappointment and trade for Bradford and give us a 2nd and a 4th in this upcoming draft - look what it got him FIRED

Bradford was not signing an extension so we got what we could, yes we got an equally garbage QB in Folds

With that extra 2nd we have the ability to trade up or get a player we really need - we have options

If we had kept Bradford today we'd be in even worse shape at the QB position
Disagree.
We would be in worse shape in terms of draft picks certainly.
Im just not into downgrading talent at such an important position.
I understand the reasons for the trade.
But, it ruined any chance of having a winning season.

fearsomefour

Legend
1st... I actually used blue font. How did you miss that?

2nd... you can call the Foles extension a blunder, but not the trade...that was brilliant.
1....having a bad morning I guess

2....At the end of the day I guess the outcome is the same. We have no starting QB that is an upgrade....but, we do have a couple of extra picks. So, that is bonus I suppose.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup, I stirred the pot alright and not by smoking it. Wish I had time to elaborate, again no keyboard lol just a house that's worth a nice profit to get ready for listing. This die hard Rams fan will be Costa Rica bound by March - April. And yes... I'll have Sunday Ticket for 2016 season as much as it pains me, some sarcasm in there. Love Ramsondemand.com and most of You. Seeing g Queensryche Tuesday night, too. \m/

Memphis Ram

Legend
Let me ask a question; why did we draft Mannion?

I mean... We used a 3rd round pick to find a backup QB?

If we drafted him to develop... How long was that projection? Obviously more than a year? And... If so, what makes us think he's a 2-3 year development guy?

I guess I'm just saying, it seems like a wasted draft pick. Either the guy is starter material or he shouldn't have been selected. Because here we sit, looking for a QB in the 2016 offseason.

Confused. Should they name him the 2016 starter without a competition?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'd go with Bortles / Carr or Bridgewater TBH - but I think Mannion could be as good as these 3, if not a little better, if given the chance.

Athos

Legend
What honestly makes you think Mannion would be better or as good? o_O He's a 3rd rounder for a reason and he just doesn't possess the physical abilities of any of those QBs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Confused. Should they name him the 2016 starter without a competition?

Yes!!!

Of course not.

Again. It's the black hole of his draft position and the developmental label.

If he's not good enough to warrant playing time to develop, what makes us think he'll develop by sitting?

And... By choosing to sit the player, how can you truly evaluate him? Because of this approach, he's such an unknown, it's the same effect as not having him on the roster.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What honestly makes you think Mannion would be better or as good? o_O He's a 3rd rounder for a reason and he just doesn't possess the physical abilities of any of those QBs.
And how do we know that he cant be better? They drafted him for a reason and "they" are still here so, we'll see what comes next.
One thing is for sure, Tre Mason was premium draft pick, played well as a rook and when the opportunity to get a superior player came about, they went for it. May see the same thing happen with QB, or we may not
Just dont think we can say one way or another what Mannion capabilites are at this moment

Athos

Legend
Well it's just a fact he doesn't possess mobility like all the top prospects in this draft nor possess the arm talent of most.

There's a reason a QB wasn't selecting again until what, the 89th pick? Maybe he's good maybe not. But he couldn't beat out the worst QB in the league or Keenums scattershot downfield accuracy.

Mannion doesn't have the can't miss talents that should stop Snisher from getting a first round QB.