What's the first major news story you remember?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Locally, living in the St.Louis area. The Flood of '93. I WAS 8

Nationally OKC bombings in '95 I would guess. I was 9, almost 10

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Kent State shooting's.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am gonna say Vietnam. While the world was in turmoil then much like today. It was the overwhelming story at the time. And being in a military family we were living it.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Falkland Island’s War

It was the first time as a kid we actually got to see a war after obsessing over WW2 our entire short lives. Time magazine had great illustrations that tripped out out for ours as a kid

A0D11ABF-5FC4-4CB7-8B01-0DD32292D97D.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reagan being shot. I was 10 at the time and it was scary somebody so much larger than life getting shot. I remember the gas lines of Jimmy Carter but that wasn’t so much a single event as a period of turmoil.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Vietnam, Mi Lai massacre

’68 rioting

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Probably the most memorable of my childhood was "The Eagle has landed." I was six at the time and even though I probably could be reminded of some others, we watched this happen and you could feel the tension in the air.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
John Kennedy assassination and funeral. I was pissed it pre-empted my Saturday morning cartoons.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have two that were close together, which I had to look up the dates:

First Landing on the moon in July 1969. My parents actually drug me in front of the television to see it, but it was cool.

The other event was in April of 1970. I was 6 years old and I heard on the television as I was climbing the wood frame of the kitchen doorway like a monkey, when this earth shaking event happened. I'm still scarred the day the Beatles broke up....

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The very first news story I remember?
Nixon just got fired as president.
I was 4, so that's all I understood about it.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
9/11 is mine. I didn't pay attention to the news when I was a kid but I'll never forget the day of September 11th 2001. I was in the 4th grade and it felt like a part of me was permanently lost that day. Tough to explain but it shook me to the core.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
9/11 in fifth grade. I saw the second plane hit the tower in real time. Hearing the newswoman scream, "Oh my God!" and seeing my mom cry...I'll never forget it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The very first news story I remember?
Nixon just got fired as president.
I was 4, so that's all I understood about it.
Fired? Tricky Dick would have been but he peaced out. I remember his double peace signs from the plane.