What's on your Draft Day Menu ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Case of Yuengling chilling as we speak. Have a fridge in the garage that I keep in the 30s for the express purpose of perfectly chilled brewskis. :part:

Yuengling-Traditional-Lager-bottle-draft-beer-glass-Pottsville.jpg

Here's something that I do because I love super cold beer too.

Fill your cooler with ice about halfway. Then pour a bunch of salt on it and mix it up. Salt water from the ocean works too. Mix it up and then add your beer. It will get colder than regular ice by a LOT. Your beer will not freeze, but it will be just on the verge of it. It's amazing.

I do that on the boat... but I also do it at home when I have a bunch of peeps over. My garage fridge is turned way down too for drinks... but the salt ice trick is way colder than you can do in any fridge.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Rum

Speaking of grub though... a friend of mine was working in Jamaica last week. She flew back home on Saturday and stopped by my house on her way home from the airport with a surprise present for me. Some FRESHLY made Jerk seasoning.

I've never been a huge Jerk seasoning fan... but this fresh seasoning straight from JA was something else. I split 2 whole chickens and slathered them with the jerk seasoning and let them marinate overnight. I throw em on the egg last night and they were completely torn apart by my crew before I could even snap a pic. What a treat that was. The flavors were exploding in all directions.

Too bad I can't get that here. Totally different from the Jerk seasonings I've tried before.
I get it.
I've tried a few different jerk recipes and they just didn't work for me.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Here's something that I do because I love super cold beer too.

Fill your cooler with ice about halfway. Then pour a bunch of salt on it and mix it up. Salt water from the ocean works too. Mix it up and then add your beer. It will get colder than regular ice by a LOT. Your beer will not freeze, but it will be just on the verge of it. It's amazing.

I do that on the boat... but I also do it at home when I have a bunch of peeps over. My garage fridge is turned way down too for drinks... but the salt ice trick is way colder than you can do in any fridge.
Thank you!! I am driving down to Pinehurst, NC tomorrow for a few days of golf with some friends. I am taking a HUGE old cooler that will be stocked with goods from my son's beer/wine/spirits shop. Gonna try this out FOR SURE!!

P. S. Yuengling is the only beer I just cannot stand for some reason. I like their black and tan, but the lager repulses me. It's weird, because I am NOT a picky beer drinker, haha.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Thank you!! I am driving down to Pinehurst, NC tomorrow for a few days of golf with some friends. I am taking a HUGE old cooler that will be stocked with goods from my son's beer/wine/spirits shop. Gonna try this out FOR SURE!!

P. S. Yuengling is the only beer I just cannot stand for some reason. I like their black and tan, but the lager repulses me. It's weird, because I am NOT a picky beer drinker, haha.
Pinehurst is awesome, make sure to play the Cradle.....and hit the Pinehurst Brewery. Friday looks like rain here...

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The draft starts at 8 pm Thursday on the East Coast. Who the hell eats that late? Europeans? A better question is, what's gonna be on tap for the Friday rounds? Corona light starts the evening. Depending on the picks, Johnny Walker Black is at the ready. If the shit hits the fan, indicta and xanex will be the next man up. But, I anticipate it'll be Corona and if things go really well, JW Black's smarter brother Blue will make an appearance.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I only drink Corona Light when I actually drink beer. Drinking beer for me only really happens when I'm out on the boat day drinking. It's gotta be super cold for me to enjoy it though. The salt in the ice thing comes from fishing offshore... we just use saltwater right out of the ocean and mix it in with the ice in the fish box. You'd think the hot saltwater would melt the ice... but chemistry is amazing. You'll see.

Now I use it in the beer cooler. It's crazy how cold it gets. I've got giant Yeti coolers that are almost magical... but the salt in the ice will make the world's shittiest cooler seem magical too.

* I always keep some ice bagged up in water tight plastic bags in the coolers with salt ice for cocktails. Salt ice doesn’t taste good. LOL. It doesn't do anything to the flavor of the fish or obviously canned or bottled drinks though. I can only drink so many beers... by around 3pm I have to switch to rum.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only drink Corona Light when I actually drink beer. Drinking beer for me only really happens when I'm out on the boat day drinking. It's gotta be super cold for me to enjoy it though. The salt in the ice thing comes from fishing offshore... we just use saltwater right out of the ocean and mix it in with the ice in the fish box. You'd think the hot saltwater would melt the ice... but chemistry is amazing. You'll see.

Now I use it in the beer cooler. It's crazy how cold it gets. I've got giant Yeti coolers that are almost magical... but the salt in the ice will make the world's shittiest cooler seem magical too.

* I always keep some ice bagged up in water tight plastic bags in the coolers with salt ice for cocktails. Salt ice doesn’t taste good. LOL. It doesn't do anything to the flavor of the fish or obviously canned or bottled drinks though. I can only drink so many beers... by around 3pm I have to switch to rum.

Pretty sure this salted ice thing works from the same theory that in the old days when we churned our own ice cream we'd add salt to the ice before hand cranking the old ice cream machine. If it can freeze ice cream, it must do wonders for ice cold beer.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That sounds good. One last pot of chilli before the summer.

I might do that.
Chilli dogs(burgers)Saturday ,
Can clean the freezer Fish & Chips Friday.or just a freaky fry-day. All different crazy choices.

Wings-shrimp-pickles-ext.ext..
Sauce it up. This 2023 Draft is going to have all kinds of selections Friday.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Pretty sure this salted ice thing works from the same theory that in the old days when we churned our own ice cream we'd add salt to the ice before hand cranking the old ice cream machine. If it can freeze ice cream, it must do wonders for ice cold beer.

Yep... same thing.

My Dad still makes homemade ice cream from time to time with his electric churn. He's been making it since before I was born. He uses rock salt on the ice for that. Any salt works though... it doesn't have to be rock salt.

muggmeister

Rookie
Be careful, rock salt in your cooler WILL freeze your beer. Just don't add too much.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My chilli is almost done. I like to cook the chilli meat sauce for 4+ hours without beans.

As it gets within 1hr… I add the beans. The beans I simmer in chicken broth for an hour or two prior to adding.

I’ll combine these soon. The meat sauce has been cooking 5hrs. Beans over an hour simmering.

How did your draft menu item turn out?

90DEC693-2E25-4BC6-ABDF-8E39E419EEF5.jpeg

C1DA3C5E-019A-4AFE-864B-D9F407B21CCB.jpeg

And… Combined…

50D43707-0569-4925-A3AC-DAC9BD6C831A.jpeg