What was new

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
There were still missed tackles. Look at the yards after contact number. Rams still don't do well at wrapping up the ball carrier, especially outside the tackles.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
A lot of good points here. Great thread. For me, when I finally got to watch the game on tape last night, the big difference about this team is after losing the lead due to the big sack, fumble, scoop play, this team didn't fold up shop. They marched down the field, over coming a false start and a couple of 3rd and longs and tied the game up. In the past, our QB would have never gotten up from the hit, our OL would have collapsed, our WRs would have dropped the ball, and our D would of given up a 1st down on 4th and 1. Now, let's see a big win on the road after this big win. That too would be a welcomed change.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And a New OC with some "Cojones!":D
I think I said a while back, I liked the way Cig had the offense moving, he has teams off-balance. Just putting plays back to back to back....It's really refreshing...
To me, while Schotty had a hand tied behind his back with the QB thingy, Cig is far superior just on creativity alone...It doesn't hurt that his QB loves PA passing, and enjoys throwing the ball down the field.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The passing game as a whole showed promise and was effective in the krunch. I thought the O Line did OK, Not much talk about big Rob but he and the boys will improve.
Foles has great pocket awarenes sliding horizontally and slipping into small creases to create time and assist the the young giants in front of him.
All in all a lot of resilience and positives.

ram007

Starter
Except maturity (need to string wins and not do win, lose, win lose) and some secondary concerns, this is a super bowl team

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at the 4th quarter and OT, GRob did very well late in the game. Have struggled more in this late time frame. Overall the OLine was good in crunch time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So much was different in a good way that we could go on about almost everything. And at this point the assumption in the media is that the Seahawks were flat due to missing Kam, and that is why the Rams offense looked so good. Of course I disagree with that, and I think everyone's gonna find out that this offense is finally for real, but the Rams do have things they need to work on:

1. Run blocking. This falls into the small sample size like everything else. Seattle has an elite front seven and going into week one I suspect their first priority was stuffing the run since usually the Rams passing game is garbage. Which they did. The Skins have a good front and will be ready to stuff the running game as well, but I do think they're gonna be worried about a lot of the passing game too after watching that film. Will the Rams' running game improve? Big question.

2. Rush integrity. Seahawks are a big challenge for that, and Washington is not, but it is still something they need to work on since Seattle was able to extend some drives because of it. If they crush that pocket right there's gonna be nowhere for Cousins to step up and he's gonna have to dish it quick or take sacks.

3. Time of possession. Defense needs to get itself off the field, no more of this bend but don't break nonsense. Cousins is good at the short throws and putting some drives together, so snuff that stuff out and put Foles and this offense back on the field quickly.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So much was different in a good way that we could go on about almost everything. And at this point the assumption in the media is that the Seahawks were flat due to missing Kam, and that is why the Rams offense looked so good. Of course I disagree with that, and I think everyone's gonna find out that this offense is finally for real, but the Rams do have things they need to work on:

1. Run blocking. This falls into the small sample size like everything else. Seattle has an elite front seven and going into week one I suspect their first priority was stuffing the run since usually the Rams passing game is garbage. Which they did. The Skins have a good front and will be ready to stuff the running game as well, but I do think they're gonna be worried about a lot of the passing game too after watching that film. Will the Rams' running game improve? Big question.

2. Rush integrity. Seahawks are a big challenge for that, and Washington is not, but it is still something they need to work on since Seattle was able to extend some drives because of it. If they crush that pocket right there's gonna be nowhere for Cousins to step up and he's gonna have to dish it quick or take sacks.

3. Time of possession. Defense needs to get itself off the field, no more of this bend but don't break nonsense. Cousins is good at the short throws and putting some drives together, so snuff that stuff out and put Foles and this offense back on the field quickly.

Took me a bit to understand #2, but I totally agree and was trying to say basically the same thing. Can't use that cushion/spy game plan against Washington because they are a power running, dink and dunk passing game type team with Cousins being the ultimate game manager.

So, yeah, we need to have gap integrity and CONTAIN in the run game. The DEs need to set the edges and the OLBs need to make sure that they extend and flatten so that any run plays can't get to the edge and get north/south. That and we absolutely have to watch for the cut back lanes. Alfred Morris is a one cut runner.

Lastly, we have to drive him back and down. It's amazing how many more yards these power runners get because guys tackle them from behind and essentially give them a free yard or two per run

RamzFanz

Damnit
standings.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The offense rewarded the defense by actually scoring TDs. How refreshing is THAT?