What Vikings Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I'll give them credit. They beat the Saints and the Redskins.

And I get their confidence. We lost to the 'skins. The 'skins beat the Seahags which we also fell to. They just beat the 'skins. So they're feeling confident like they've already beaten us.

But one thing they keep overlooking. Just like the Saints they beat in week 1 aren't the same team, we're not the same team as we were in week 2. We're playing stronger football in all 3 phases of the game than we did against the Redskins.

This is a very winnable game for us. If our defense can make the plays they need to, I think our offense can put up points against this "stout defense" they claim we've never played anything close to.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/14/case-keenum-in-my-head-im-sure-im-the-starter/

Case Keenum: In my head, I’m sure I’m the starter
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 14, 2017

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer will wait until tomorrow to say whether Case Keenum or Teddy Bridgewateris the starting quarterback. But Keenum says he feels he’s the guy.

Keenum said on the Dan Patrick Show that he’s approaching this week as if he’s starting against the Rams on Sunday.

“In my own head, I for sure am. That’s how I’ve approached it, that’s how I’ve answered it. I don’t know how else to answer it. That’s how I have to approach every week,” Keenum said.

It would be hard to justify benching Keenum, given that he’s been one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL this year and has led the Vikings to the top of the NFC North — even though Bridgewater was the Vikings’ franchise quarterback before he got hurt in training camp last year.

Keenum has said repeatedly that he likes Bridgewater and is happy that he’s healthy enough to play again. But there’s little doubt that Keenum would be disappointed to lose his job now, after far exceeding expectations this season.
----------
Their record says he’s the starter, too. Why screw with that.
----------
Taking out a quarterback who is on a roll and replacing him with someone who hasn’t played in two years would be ridiculous. This isnt the Browns organization we’re talking about here
----------
Fellow Vikings fans calling for a switch now are idiots. Keenum is playing really well and the team is winning. If they pull him out just to put Bridgewater’s face out there we might as well call it a season.
----------
Please, Please, Please put in Bustwater! The Vikings are such trash with him!
----------
The sooner you put Bridgewater in, the sooner he’ll be ready when you *need* him. Anyone watching the second half of the game Sunday knows they’re going to need Bridgewater to win the Super Bowl.
---------
Why would this ever even be a question? Bridgewater never played at this level when he was healthy.
----------
I’m not saying that I’m starting Bridgewater, but I’m not sold that Keenum is better than Bridgewater. For big good play Keenum has made, he’s made a questionable play as well. So far, his receivers have typically bailed him out, but he has shown a fair bit of inaccuracy – especially when he is throwing off his back foot. He’s also made some questionable passing decisions (and has gotten lucky on several should-have-been interceptions).

Having said all of that, he HAS gotten better each game – back-to-back interceptions not withstanding.
----------
According to Vike fans, he’s the second coming of Kurt Warner.
-----------
man it dont take an nfl scout to look at him throw that slow wobbly ball and say “this dude is not an NFL quarterback”.

Keenum STINKS!
----------
Vikings fans saying Case needs to keep starting are wearing some serious purple colored glasses and are too busy listening to the national media and not spending enough time reading local sources. The guy is just good enough to help us lose round 1 of the playoffs.

Straight up, they need to put Teddy in because they need to have him ready to go for the playoffs. Case isn’t a franchise QB. He will never be a franchise QB. He is a great back up. Teddy gives us the best chance to win a playoff game and will need some time to work out any kinks in his game.

I wouldn’t start him against the Rams. I would definitely start him against the Lions.
----------
Please start him so the Rams can expose him for what he is, a back up that can’t make the big play, efficient, game manager, great guy though!
----------
It’s already been reported that Case is starting this week, as he should be. The problem is that Case Keenum has not suddenly become “one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.” He’s playing better than ever because he’s in a good system and is surrounded by a lot of talent, but he is not a better quarterback than Teddy Bridgewater.

The problem is that Bridgewater is an unknown because of the layoff and he will definitely be rusty if he’s put in there. It would take a lot of guts to start Bridgewater when Keenum is performing adequately, but I’m afraid that’s what’s going to have to happen if you want to make a playoff run. I don’t know that I would have the guts to do it.

It’s what we in the business call a conundrum.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And I get their confidence. We lost to the 'skins.

I get their confidence too. But the Skins team they just played and the one we played are different opponents. And the Rams are a completely different team than they were in Week 2, a more confident and capable team that is starting to fire on all cylinders.

Vikes are legit. But so are our Rams and both teams have every reason to be confident going into this game. This is a playoff game during the regular season.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...e-keenum-at-qb-in-week-11-showdown-with-rams/

Vikings will be sticking with Case Keenum as their starter this week I'm told. Highly productive. Clicking w/ receivers. Great fit in scheme - Jason La Canfora

A week after deciding that Case Keenum"earned more starts" as their quarterback, the Minnesota Vikings have reaffirmed their faith in the journeyman and "will be sticking" with him as their No. 1 against the Rams in Week 11, according to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora.

View: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/930179788639211522?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnfl%2Fnews%2Fvikings-to-stick-with-case-keenum-at-qb-in-week-11-showdown-with-rams%2F

Keenum has gone 5-2 with a 92.6 QB rating in relief of Bradford this season.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Vikings are a good team, they have every reason to be confident.

Our offense will probably face some adversity here as well, especially since the Vikings are really good against the play-action and that's our bread and butter.

Should be a fun one, as long as we play a complete game I like our chances. We have to be careful with the football, be good on our blocks, and play smart.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Is/was there a angle person in the Milky Way galaxy who doesn't know that Keenum is under center Sunday ??? What a dumb topic of conversation IMO...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please, oh please let Keenum start!
~ Aaron Donald

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

After the RAMS have their way with Case he'll be shown the door...
200w.gif

I like Case but he's got to go!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ittish-about-greg-olsen-calling-week-11-game/

Vikings may be skittish about Greg Olsen calling Week 11 game
Posted by Mike Florio on November 14, 2017

This weekend, FOX will enhance its broadcast of the Rams-Vikings game by adding Panthers tight end Greg Olsen to the two-man booth of Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis. The Vikings (and for that matter the Rams) may not be thrilled about that.

Paul Allen of KFAN and the Vikings Radio Network raised during my weekly visit to his show the question of whether the Vikings will be comfortable with the idea of a player from an upcoming opponent having access to practice, production meetings, etc. Nothing against Olsen, but the Vikings shouldn’t be thrilled with giving Olsen an inside look at team operations, only three weeks before his current team hosts the Vikings.

Conflicts of interest are hardly new in this setting; broadcasters (like Jon Gruden, the brother of Washington coach Jay Gruden, and Chris Spielman, the brother of Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman) routinely enjoy access to inside information regarding actual and potential opponents of a family member’s team. But this one is far more direct. Olsen is currently playing for the Panthers, and he’ll be privy to information that no team would want a member of another team to get.

Asked about the dynamic during a Monday press conference, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said, “I’m gonna let higher-ups than me handle that.”

It’s not just the Vikings that should be skittish about this. The Rams don’t play the Panthers during the regular season, but they possibly will meet in the postseason.

It may seem picky, but consider the extent to which teams go to protect their secrets. Indeed, Zimmer’s decision to say anything other than “I’m fine with it, it’s not an issue” suggests that it is. And it will be interesting to see what if anything Zimmer’s higher-ups do about it.
----------
First, you could add a potted plant to the booth and that would enhance a broadcast featuring Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis.

Second, there is no way on earth that a current NFL player should have access to practices and inside information for a team that his team will be facing later in the year.

If I were Spielman or Zimmer, I would insist that Olsen not have the same kind of access that the regular broadcasters get. I don’t think that’s too big of a demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Click link below to watch videos.
http://www.vikings.com/news/article...-vs-Rams/a1fd2457-5fb5-415a-aff4-278df6d3eca4

Early Look: Vikings vs. Rams
Eric Smith/Team Reporter

temprms-tty-083016-3--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Here’s an early look at Sunday’s game:

Passing: Vikings quarterback Case Keenum had one of the best games of his NFL career Sunday as he completed 21 of 29 passes for a career-high four touchdowns.

Keenum, who also threw two interceptions, had a passer rating of 117.0. It was his second-highest passer rating of the season.

Keenum has started seven games this season after signing with the Vikings as a free agent this offseason. He has completed 170 of 262 passes (64.9 percent) for 1,914 yards with 11 touchdowns and five interceptions. He has a passer rating of 92.6.

Rams quarterback Jared Goff was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. He completed 25 of 37 passes for 355 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions on Sunday. His passer rating was 125.4.

Goff ranks seventh in the NFL with 2,385 yards and has thrown for 16 touchdowns with four picks.

Rushing: The Vikings rank 10th in the NFL with 118.0 rushing yards per game, an improvement from 2016 when Minnesota ranked last in the league with just 75.3 rushing yards per game.

Latavius Murray had 17 carries for 68 yards and a touchdown against Washington. Jerick McKinnon had 10 carries for 32 yards.

McKinnon has 319 rushing yards on the season and has three rushing touchdowns, a career high. Murray has 317 yards and two scores on the season.

Los Angeles ran for 104 yards on 25 carries Sunday. Todd Gurley had 68 yards on 11 carries.

Gurley has 754 rushing yards, which ranks fourth in the NFL, and is tied for the league lead with seven rushing scores. Los Angeles ranks fifth in the league with 128.8 yards per game.

Receiving: Adam Thielen had eight receptions for 166 yards and a touchdown Sunday in the nation’s capital. Stefon Diggs had four catches for 78 yards and a score.

Tight end David Morgan recorded his first career touchdown catch, and Jarius Wright also had a touchdown catch. Tight end Kyle Rudolph had five catches for 37 yards.

Thielen ranks third in the NFL with 793 yards and is tied for fifth with 56 receptions. He has at least five receptions in all nine games this season and is the only player in the NFL to do so.

Diggs has 47 catches for 500 yards and a team-high five touchdown catches. Rudolph has 37 catches for 308 yards and three scores.

Wide receiver Robert Woods had eight receptions for 171 yards and two touchdowns against Houston.

Gurley had six catches for 68 yards, rookie Cooper Kupp had six receptions for 47 yards and Sammy Watkins had two catches for 41 yards and a score.

Woods leads the Rams with 39 catches for 622 yards and is tied for the team lead with four scores. Watkins also has four touchdowns and 372 yards on 21 catches.

Gurley has 35 catches for 406 yards, and Kupp has 32 receptions for 417 yards.

Defense: Minnesota’s defense ranks fifth overall in yards allowed per game (294.6) and is tied for fifth in points allowed per game (18.3).

Washington’s 30-point output was the second time the Vikings allowed an opponent to score more than 20 points in a game this season.

Mackensie Alexander recorded his first career interception Sunday, and Danielle Hunter recorded his fourth sack of the season.

Defensive end Everson Griffen did not play Sunday but has at least one sack in all eight games he’s played in this season. He is tied for third in the NFL with 10 sacks.

The Rams defense allowed 283 yards of offense Sunday to Houston while surrendering just seven points. The unit had a pair of interceptions, two fumble recoveries and three sacks.

Defensive tackle Aaron Donald leads the team with 5.0 sacks. Linebacker Mark Barron has three interceptions. The Rams defense ranks 15th overall in yards allowed per game (322.1) and is fourth in points allowed per game (18.0).

Special Teams: Kai Forbath made his only field goal attempt Sunday, a 53-yard try that was his fifth successful kick beyond the 50-yard mark in 2017. He has made 22 of 23 field goals this season.

Punter Ryan Quigley averaged 39.5 yards on a pair of punts.

Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein made all four of his attempts attempt Sunday, and is 28 of 29 on the season. He leads the NFL with 114 points.

Punter Johnny Hekker averages 47.7 yards per punt, the ninth-best mark in the NFL.

Over The Years

The Vikings are 26-16-2 all-time against the Rams. The teams have played each other seven total times in the postseason, with Minnesota holding a 5-2 advantage in the playoffs.

Minnesota has had the upper hand of late, winning five of the past six meetings, including four straight.

The teams’ most recent playoff game was in 2000, when the St. Louis Rams earned a 49-37 win on the way to claiming Super Bowl XXXIV.

Last Meeting: Vikings 21, Rams 18, (in overtime), Nov. 8, 2015, in Minneapolis

The Vikings teams endured a seesaw battle that saw the Vikings win in overtime on a 40-yard field goal.

Minnesota grabbed an early 10-0 lead behind a field goal and 6-yard score by running back Adrian Peterson.

Gurley then ran for a touchdown before Zuerlein kicked three field goals in the second quarter.

Teddy Bridgewater ran for a 6-yard touchdown midway through the third quarter to give the Vikings the lead, but the quarterback left the game early in the fourth quarter after a late hit knocked him unconscious. He was replaced by Shaun Hill.

Zuerlein tied the game at 18 on a 53-yard field goal in the closing seconds. The Vikings won the toss but chose to kick to avoid the wind, a move that paid off when Blair Walsh split the uprights with 9:24 left in overtime.

Bridgewater threw for 144 yards before leaving the game, and Peterson ran for 125 yards and a score on 29 carries.

Vikings defensive tackle Linval Joseph won NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors following the win. He was credited with 10 tackles (seven solo), 0.5 sacks, three tackles for loss and two quarterback pressures.

Safety Andrew Sendejo teamed up with Joseph on the sack.

The win moved the Vikings to 6-2 and was their fourth straight victory in an eventual five-game win streak.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Definitely a few valid points in there. That defense with Everett Griffin, Linval Joseph, Anthony Barr and Xavier Rhodes is very tough to break down. This game will be a lot tougher than people are anticipating.
I watched the game last week and this is anything but a sure thing. I believe in this team and think we will win. But the queens are for real and we will need to jump on them and punch them in the mouth early.

Letting their run game get going early would be a bad way to start this thing. We have the horses but can’t let them force our hand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Disagree. Great teams consistently dominate their opponents and that's what we've been doing.

This has been proved statistically that the better teams have a larger margin of victory over their opponent.
Winning close games isn't a sign of a great team, it's largely luck, coaching, and desire.

Look at the Giants of last year, got lucky and won a a lot of close games. Getting blown out and not winning the close ones this year. Patriots have won a lot of Superbowls by a Field Goal.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You answered both questions. When their O-line is keeping CK(no not Colin Kaepernick, Case Keenum) :sneaky: clean, then he can hit those receivers with ease. Any decent NFL quarterback can tear a defense apart when he has time to pass. The Rams' front seven has to put the heat on Case on every play by rotating players to keep them fresh in order to expose him for what he is, an average backup QB.
*********************************************************************************
https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Board...ay-calm-and-no-hero-ball-verse-Rams-110464489

Case, stay calm and no hero ball verse Rams

We know it's your former team that let you go, but please stay within yourself and the gameplan. You've been playing well, with the exception of 2 errant throws verses the Skins.

Keep the game simple and don't get too hyped to prove a point.

Let's get Treadwell his first TD and keep spreading the ball around.
----------
as long as the oline gives him time, he will be fine. Right now there is no one that can cover diggs or theilen for longer than 3 seconds
----------
http://www.startribune.com/pat-shur...e-vikings-offense-is-catching-fire/457309113/

Pat Shurmur's unpredictable, creative Vikings offense is catching fire
Fooling defenses, spreading the wealth has resulted in 71 points in the past two games.
By Ben Goessling/Star Tribune

The Viking Age

As the Vikings huddled up in the final minute of Sunday’s second quarter, set to run a play with three tight ends from the Redskins’ 2-yard line, Kyle Rudolph had a specific set of instructions for David Morgan.

So sure was Rudolph that the play — which called for Jerick McKinnon to line up in the slot and fake an end around while Morgan slipped off the line of scrimmage — would work that his only advice centered around what Morgan should do after his first NFL touchdown catch.

“Rudy’s like, ‘Hey, I want you to flatten this ball as hard as you can,’ ” Morgan said on Monday.

As fullback C.J. Ham motioned out of the backfield to a tight end spot, Redskins linebacker Will Compton started pointing at McKinnon, recognizing the play was similar to the one the Vikings had run for a 1-yard TD two weeks earlier against the Browns. Only this time, Morgan released on a route while the Redskins’ defense followed McKinnon, and stood waiting for Case Keenum to deliver the ball.

“It slowed down a lot,” Morgan said. “I knew right at the snap of the ball, it was a matter of me turning my head around and Case just dropping it on me.”

The Texas-San Antonio product, one of five different Vikings to score touchdowns Sunday, is part of an ensemble cast that’s added a layer of unpredictability to the Vikings’ offense.

The team, with 71 points in its past two games, ranks 10th in the NFL in points and ninth in yards, despite losing Sam Bradford and Dalvin Cook.

The Vikings have survived those losses with impressive performances from established players such as Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, but offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur’s ability to expand the playbook has helped the Vikings stay ahead of defenses.

Jarius Wright’s touchdown, which came on a 7-yard screen behind blocks from Thielen and guard Joe Berger, was one of six snaps this season where the Vikings used four receivers and no tight end. Ham, who played 12 snaps Sunday, helped the Vikings extend a drive with a 3-yard gain on a 3rd-and-1 in the fourth quarter.

The Vikings scored on all five of their red zone trips Sunday. Each one of their scores came out of a different personnel group.

“You just never know what you’re going to get with this offense,” Wright said. “So many guys can do so many different things, and I think that’s what actually helps us be so versatile with this offense.”

In addition to unpacking a suitcase of different personnel groups, Shurmur and wide receivers coach Darrell Hazell have trained the team’s receivers to play any spot in the offense — a departure from how the group functioned under former offensive coordinator Norv Turner.

That’s helped the Vikings create more high-tempo drives — “I might get caught on this side, and I don’t have to run 50 yards to the other side of the field to be where I’m supposed to be,” Wright said last week — and it’s made the group more difficult to prepare for as a whole.

“You’ve got to do an awful lot of studying, because typically guys like to do certain things out of certain spots,” Zimmer said, when asked how receiver versatility stresses a defensive coordinator.

“Guys are out of position in one spot and out of position in another spot and then they do different things out of those areas.

“Then you’ve got to figure out all your man coverage rules and your zone coverage rules. It makes it a lot more complicated and difficult.”

Given the fact they’ve used two different starting quarterbacks, and three different starting running backs, the Vikings might have acquired some unpredictability as a silver lining from their injury issues.

But Shurmur’s playbook, culled from his upbringing in the West Coast offense and flavored with influences from his days as Chip Kelly’s offensive coordinator in Philadelphia, has incorporated enough elements that the Vikings are hard to typecast.

At 7-2 and coming off their best offensive showing, they’re reaping the rewards of their eclectic approach.

“[Shurmur’s] done a great job of incorporating a lot of different people,” Morgan said. “When you can mix things up like that, it’s hard for defenses to catch on to you.”
----------
The O line has had a couple of good games against horrible defenses.
-----------
This coaching staff is for the most part, a joke. They have wins against crappy teams and lost to mid level teams. They haven't played a superior team yet.
-----------
Zimmer is currently 33-24 as a head coach after inheriting one of the worst defenses in NFL history.
----------
LOL this is laughable.

Ya, it is great until the Vikings play a team that has an actual Defense or a winning record.
---------
Sherminator has done a nice job! Case is now the third ranked qb in total qbr.
---------
I am not saying that Case is Favre, but I sense some of the same personality and some similar skill sets as Favre had.

The coaches are working hard to make it work with him, that was clear to me when they had Teddy put his helmet on when he started to come un glued after the two interceptions. These coaches know they want Case as the QB

At this stage, I would say the Vikings could be super bowl bound if Case continues to build his game.......... He KIND OF reminds me of Favre
----------
to compare Keenum to Favre is just blasphemy. Poor fans getting excited because like always at the end of the day the vikings will choke.
---------
The Rams have a good record but only because they beat even scrubbier teams than the Vikings did. The Rams lost to Seattle and Washington (the team the Vikings nearly lost to on Sunday). They beat the Giants, Cards, 49er's, Cowboys, Jags, Texans and Colts. Other than the Cowboys, the rest are heading to 6 wins and under for the season.

The Rams are better than last year, but still not even near an elite or even top tiered team.
---------
Stop being homers.

The Vikings are not that talented of a team and neither Teddy nor Case is that talented of a QB. Oh, but Case is ranked number 3 QB by ESPN. Listen to their videos and read their website. Even with that number 3 rating, ESPN STILL doesn't think Case is QB Starting Material. It's because the Vikings have played POOR Teams.

They almost got beat by one on Sunday. That game was 3 minutes away from Washington tying it up. They adapted and the Viking Coaches showed us their weakness of never being able to adapt once their gameplan isn't working. Washington figured out a way to get to them, it just happened to late into the game.

The Vikings will be lucky to beat any other teams that will end up in the playoffs, in fact, I bet they won't. It's just a good thing they have a Puff schedule.
----------
Saints?
----------
The Saints? We played them the first game of the year, since then, they have changed many things. But even that, they have played a bunch of losing teams like the Vikings. Unless you think the Bears, Rodgersless GB, Texans, Miami, Tampa, etc are great teams this year? LOL.
----------
The difference between good and bad teams is that the good ones find ways to win when game gets close. It was a blowout until the 2 int's. However, the Vikings answered with a huge FG to put the lead at 11. The defense came up with two huge stops to stop one drive on 4th down and the other they only came away with a FG.

That's the sign of a good team-they did not panic and team stepped up to put it away.
---------
Great job by Shurmer. However with the vikings up in the 4th quarter we needed to run the ball more. Especially after the first pick no way should we be throwing back to back INT's. That needs to be communicated to Case as well as the OC so that does not happen again.
---------
Washington found our weakness and nearly beat us as our coaches have no answer to any sort of adjustments.
---------
Shurmur is doing a great job of calling the right plays at key moments in the game. He uses all the talent he has effectively with a back up quarterback thanks to a vastly improved offensive line. But this team still wins with defense.

Man, alot of pessimists in that group.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
200.gif

When this Vikings fan looks in the mirror he must see this...
200.gif

I took it as him talking about the Vikings coaching staff because that was the vibe from half the posts in there.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Over at Football Outsiders, after crunching some numbers:
winning blowouts is a far better indicator of championship quality than winning close games
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2005/fo-fox-guts-and-stomps -- as referenced in the article reprinted in http://ramsondemand.com/threads/los-angeles-rams-chances-of-making-the-playoffs-85-2.52198/

More from FO:
Guts and Stomps
I went through every regular season game from 1995-2004 to see whether teams that built their records on close wins over good teams did better in the postseason than teams that padded their records with big wins over bad teams. I created the following two categories:

STOMP:A win by at least 14 points over a team that will finish the year below .500.
GUT:A win by 1-8 points over a team that will finish the year above .500.

If the mark of a great team is the ability to gut out close wins over quality opponents, the teams with more GUTS should make the Super Bowl while teams with more STOMPS should get knocked off by superior competition in the playoffs. But that's not the case:
  • Only one team won the Super Bowl in the past decade after winning more GUTS than STOMPS: the 2003 Patriots.
  • Only one other team even made the Super Bowl in the past decade after winning more GUTS than STOMPS: the 1999 Titans.
  • The 2003 Patriots are the only team to lead the league in GUT wins and make the Super Bowl.
  • The 2001 Rams and 2002 Titans are the only other teams in the last decade to lead the league in GUT wins and even make it as far as the conference championship game.
  • In the last ten years of Super Bowls and conference championship games, the team with more STOMPS is 21-7. (The teams were equal in two games.)
  • In the last ten years of Super Bowls and conference championship games, the team with more GUTS is 9-12. (The teams were equal in six games.)

Skate and Dominate
Some of you at this point are probably thinking, "Well, isn't the best win a big victory over another good team?" Others are thinking, "Well, some great teams don't whip up on bad teams because they do just enough to win."

To test these ideas, I created two additional categories:

DOMINATION:A win by at least 14 points over a team that will finish the year above .500.
SKATE:A win by 1-8 points over a team that will finish the year below .500.

(I should note that we are still leaving out all wins over .500 teams and all wins of 9-13 points.)

Look at all four categories, and it turns out that teams that go far in the playoffs don't generally have a habit of narrowly beating their bad opponents. In fact, many times a team with more big wins over bad teams will win the championship over a team with more big wins over good teams.
  • Only two of the last ten Super Bowl winners had more DOMINATION wins than STOMP wins: the 2004 Patriots and 1995 Cowboys.
  • Only one of the last ten Super Bowl winners has had more SKATE wins than STOMP wins: the 2003 Patriots.
  • In the last decade, no team with more than 4 SKATE wins has won the Super Bowl. Only two teams with at least 3 SKATE wins have won the Super Bowl: the 2003 Patriots and 2000 Ravens.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2005/fo-fox-guts-and-stomps

Nate24/7

UDFA
Name
Nate
I'll be flying out to Minnesota for this game! Catch me on the visitor side on the 50 yard line mid section. Let's go Rams!!!