What UDFA's Make The Rams Final Roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know it was a small sample size last year, but I hope McGee has come a really long way if he is going to be getting defensive snaps this year.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think the part that gets blown out of proportion when referring to "how bad the CBs have been", is we are hearing about them as a GROUP, which includes the back end of the unit.

If you stick to the top 5 guys, Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner Gaines and McGee, its not early the crisis that many might think.
i guess your right. But i have heard nothing but bad things about Mcgee. I would think his spot is still up for grabs

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you stick to the top 5 guys, Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner Gaines and McGee, its not early the crisis that many might think

Until an injury happens.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And if they have an injury at CB, they have McLeod who can slide into the Nickel role if it gets down to that.

I can't seem to wash 2011 from my memory where we lost most every CB to injury.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I can't seem to wash 2011 from my memory where we lost most every CB to injury.
I understand, but really? how does that have anything to do with this year? If it gets to that point, it won't matter if they keep all 9 CBs, they will be doomed. Just because they have the numbers, doesn't mean they can help, if they can't play.

I want the best 53 man roster assembled. And when it comes to the back end, I couldn't care less what position they are listed as. If they are gonna be making this team it will be because they form the best Special Teams they can., the 6th CB is not going to make one bit of difference unless he is a ST stud.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I understand, but really? how does that have anything to do with this year? If it gets to that point, it won't matter if they keep all 9 CBs, they will be doomed. Just because they have the numbers, doesn't mean they can help, if they can't play.

I want the best 53 man roster assembled. And when it comes to the back end, I couldn't care less what position they are listed as. If they are gonna be making this team it will be because they form the best Special Teams they can., the 6th CB is not going to make one bit of difference unless he is a ST stud.

All positions require "numbers" to protect the roster. If the goal was strictly the best 53, Clemens likely doesn't make the 2013 roster.

2011 has nothing to do with 2014, of course, but CB is a high mileage position. The last thing I want is to be rummaging through the scraps if an injury hits this already vulnerable secondary.

If we can make due with 5, then someone needs to be able to play nickel from the safety group, no question.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
All positions require "numbers" to protect the roster. If the goal was strictly the best 53, Clemens likely doesn't make the 2013 roster.

2011 has nothing to do with 2014, of course, but CB is a high mileage position. The last thing I want is to be rummaging through the scraps if an injury hits this already vulnerable secondary.

If we can make due with 5, then someone needs to be able to play nickel from the safety group, no question.

My point is, it really doesn't make any sense to keep 6 guys if the 6th guys CAN'T PLAY. IF they get down to needing him, they would be no worse off rummaging thru the scraps as to play him because of filling out numbers to protect the roster. There is not one of the bottom 4 guys AT THIS POINT in camp, that I would want to keep over Daniels for what Daniels will bring on ST. And this is coming from a guy who is not all the high on Daniels as a Safety.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My point is, it really doesn't make any sense to keep 6 guys if the 6th guys CAN'T PLAY. IF they get down to needing him, they would be no worse off rummaging thru the scraps as to play him because of filling out numbers to protect the roster. There is not one of the bottom 4 guys AT THIS POINT in camp, that I would want to keep over Daniels for what Daniels will bring on ST. And this is coming from a guy who is not all the high on Daniels as a Safety.

Well, you certainly have the edge relative to supporting your argument about the state of our depth. I hope someone comes out of the woodwork this preseason to make it tougher to decide.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm thinking it could be Ethan Westbrooks