What UDFA's Make The Rams Final Roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious which UDFA's (Alex Bayer, Aaron Hill, Trey Watts, Ethan Westbrooks, Greg Reid, Marcus Roberson, etc) you think will make the Rams final roster. Westbrooks really sounds interesting but I don't know if there is enough room for him since the Rams are so deep at the DL position but I seriously doubt if he stays on the Practice Squad long if the Rams were to choose that route.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I still say Greg Reid makes it - although it's a battle.

Westbrooks still has a shot to be that 53rd guy who never dresses but I'm less sure about that, as well.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm thinking Reid. Way to much talent at DE

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I will be surprised to see any of them make the final 53 and I agree with you that some of these won't make it to the practice squad. With Reid being out of football for 2 years he may get through to the PS unless he plays lights out during the preseason. A. Bayer is another I hope to be able to stash away on the PS for this year.

lockdnram21

Legend
i think Roberson is going to show something in pre season and he makes the roster

CoachO

Hall of Fame
i think Roberson is going to show something in pre season and he makes the roster

Roberson is NOT on a single Special Team. He can't make the team as the 6th CB and NOT be on Special Teams. The guy has better than average cover skills, won't tackle anybody.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
From what I can tell so far, the only serious contender to make the roster is Justice Cunningham. Aaron Hill is making a push, and is showing up on a few Special Teams, but its doubtful he can move ahead of Phillip Steward at this point.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I'm not sure any of them make it out of the gate. If you held my feet to the fire, I would say Westbrooks would have the best shot though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll take Aaron Hill, as a Dark horse, because of our need for depth at LB. The rest I'm afraid are destined for the PS!

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
From what I can tell so far, the only serious contender to make the roster is Justice Cunningham. Aaron Hill is making a push, and is showing up on a few Special Teams, but its doubtful he can move ahead of Phillip Steward at this point.

It sure seems like times are changing for the Rams (and, for the Good!)! The Rams roster seems to be getting much deeper which is making UDFA's getting a roster spot much more difficult! It will be interesting to see if any of these UDFA's can make the Rams final roster and it might depend on if there are any injuries (Let's hope NOT!) during the preseason! I would like to see Westbrooks make it but I just don't know who he could replace. I guess it might help that he apparently can play both DE and DT (at least, I thought I read that somewhere). Being an FSU fan I would like to see Greg Reid make the team but I am guessing that won't be easy.

lockdnram21

Legend
Roberson is NOT on a single Special Team. He can't make the team as the 6th CB and NOT be on Special Teams. The guy has better than average cover skills, won't tackle anybody.

as bad as it seems our cbs are i would think he still has a chance if he shows hes real good at covering in pre season imo. But your probably right

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

IMO in the end Alex Bayer will oust Cunningham...Now you have seen more than I have and I realize the Rams like Cunningham because they were going to draft him, however, I have a feeling that Bayer will make some big plays in preseason and I feel he's a good blocker too IMHO.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I know he's not an undrafted free agent but what are the chances of Mason Brodine making the team in some sort of super versatile role?
IMO in the end Alex Bayer will oust Cunningham...Now you have seen more than I have and I realize the Rams like Cunningham because they were going to draft him, however, I have a feeling that Bayer will make some big plays in preseason and I feel he's a good blocker too IMHO.
Cunningham was Mr. Irrelevant, perhaps the Rams were interested in signing him as an undrafted free agent had the Colts not selected him.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I like Bayer as well, but Cunningham is getting a much bigger role on the 2nd unit. He is more athletic, and is a very good blocker, including lining up inthe backfield.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
A real shame, the guy is a fantastic cover corner. If he only learned to play more physical and would tackle or be willing to work on ST, he would be awesome. So much talent wasted.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
A real shame, the guy is a fantastic cover corner. If he only learned to play more physical and would tackle or be willing to work on ST, he would be awesome. So much talent wasted.
Not sure I agree with the "fantastic" label. He has a tendency to try to bait QBs and will give up the big play as often and MAKE the big play. But I get your point. Certainly one of the better cover guys of the crop of DBs.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not sure I agree with the "fantastic" label. He has a tendency to try to bait QBs and will give up the big play as often and MAKE the big play. But I get your point. Certainly one of the better cover guys of the crop of DBs.

In college, he was one of the best. He did have a tendency to do that, but he also would shut guys down consistently. Don't know how he is right now, but his college game was really really good when he was healthy.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
as bad as it seems our cbs are i would think he still has a chance if he shows hes real good at covering in pre season imo. But your probably right
I think the part that gets blown out of proportion when referring to "how bad the CBs have been", is we are hearing about them as a GROUP, which includes the back end of the unit.

If you stick to the top 5 guys, Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner Gaines and McGee, its not early the crisis that many might think.