What the teams in front and behind the Rams will do UPDATED

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Re: What the teams in front and behind the Rams will do UPDA

Angry Ram said:
A55VA6 said:
I like your picks but Austin will be long gone by 22 in my opinion. At 16, get Austin. 22 get Lacy. Lacy will be there at 22.. Austin won't.

You maybe right, but those teams will go w/ conservative (b/c of his size) and take the other players over him.
I agree. A lot of times a player looks great on tape, but because of something teams tend to ignore him. This time is diminutive size (and position played) I think has him slip.

In general, first round WR are those who can play the outside. It's like guard, it's been pretty rare in the past that a guard is taken in the first, though that has been changing. The reason is you can find good guards in the later rounds. Same thing with slot WR. You can find good slot guys in later rounds. Heck Wes Welker and Danny Amendola weren't even drafted. I could see a scenario were he drops out of the first round entirely.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

nighttrain said:
just dont see us taking a RB in the first round, it would mean fisher/Snead call Pead a bust without really seeing him in action..just dont see it..
train

I don't see it either.

You don't spend a 2nd rounder on Pead without the expectation he can be a starter in this league.

nighttrain

Legend

CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
just dont see us taking a RB in the first round, it would mean fisher/Snead call Pead a bust without really seeing him in action..just dont see it..
train

I don't see it either.

You don't spend a 2nd rounder on Pead without the expectation he can be a starter in this league.
i'd really like Austin, OLB, FS first three picks..another revceiver to develope later
train

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys...just going off what they did in FA and who they cut/resigned.

CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
train

I don't see it either.

You also give them signficiant playing time, especially for a RB. Daryl Richardson got more playing time.

Just b/c Eddie Lacy is drafted, doesn't mean the other guys can't get significant plays.

iced

Angry Ram said:

CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
train

I don't see it either.

You also give them signficiant playing time, especially for a RB. Daryl Richardson got more playing time.

Just b/c Eddie Lacy is drafted, doesn't mean the other guys can't get significant plays.

WR isn't like RB though - you don't draft more than one unless you're giving up on the other... i see lacy as a pick if he falls to the 2nd, but not in the first

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

iced said:
Angry Ram said:

CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
train

I don't see it either.

WR isn't like RB though - you don't draft more than one unless you're giving up on the other... i see lacy as a pick if he falls to the 2nd, but not in the first

I don't see it as giving up. I see it is adding the type of RB that this O is being built for. Isaiah Pead can still be the receiving back and get signifcant carries. There are other things that go into this too...pass blocking, fumbling, etc. I'd trust Eddie over Isaiah even as a rookie for those roles.

Eddie Lacy won't make it to the Rams in the 2nd. If he does, someone like Arizona, SD, or Jets will take him before.