What the teams in front and behind the Rams will do UPDATED

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
KC- Luke Joekel (no way the take QB after Alex Smith; DL option, but not likely)

Jags- Dion Jordan (get best pass rusher; QB an option...doubt it.)

Raiders- Shariff Floyd (major help in run stopping and pass rushing; Carson Palmer/Terrell Pryor too expensive for a QB)

Eagles- Eric Fisher (1 year, $10 mil for Michael Vick makes Geno Smith a long shot, have Nick Foles; Jason Peters is getting older and hurt often).

Lions- Lane Johnson (Jeff Backus' retirement make LT Lions' biggest need; resigned Chris Houston/Louis Delmas)

Browns- Dee Milliner (DC Ray Horton needs players for his pyscho scheme)

Cardinals- Jarvis Jones (fucked themselves by not upgrading LT in FA and top 3 gone; Bruce Arians publically claimed Drew Stanton a capable starter; take best pass rusher)

Bills- Geno Smith (new stadium lease, cutting Ryan Fitzpatrick, writings on the non-existent wall).

Jets- Star Lotuleilei (their recent starter just retired, take the BPA..this team can't afford any risks).

Titans- Ezekial Ansah (signing 2 OGs in FA rules out OG in the 1st; take next best pass rusher).

Chargers- Chance Warmack (pair him w/ Jared Gaither, make a good OL upfront for Philip Rivers)

Dolphins- Xavier Rhodes (lost 2 starting CBs past 2 offseasons; spent a ton on WRs this year)

Bucs- Sheldon Richardson (assuming they trade for Darrelle Revis, shore up that D)

Panthers- Cordarrelle Patterson (all pass rushers gone, top CBs gone; new weapon for Cam Newton to go with Greg Olsen and Steve Smith)

Saints- Barkevious Mingo (need defensive players, especially 3-4 pass rusher)

I'm going to try to do a 17-21 part later today (or tomorrow).

iced

Re: What the teams in front of the Rams will do

Angry Ram said:
KC- Luke Joekel (no way the take QB after Alex Smith; DL option, but not likely)

Raiders- Shariff Floyd (major help in run stopping and pass rushing; Carson Palmer/Terrell Pryor too expensive for a QB)

Eagles- Eric Fisher (1 year, $10 mil for Michael Vick makes Geno Smith a long shot, have Nick Foles; Jason Peters is getting older and hurt often).

Lions- Lane Johnson (Jeff Backus' retirement make LT Lions' biggest need; resigned Chris Houston/Louis Delmas)

Cardinals- Jarvis Jones (freak themselves by not upgrading LT in FA and top 3 gone; Bruce Arians publically claimed Drew Stanton a capable starter; take best pass rusher)

Bills- Geno Smith (new stadium lease, cutting Ryan Fitzpatrick, writings on the non-existent wall).

Jets- Star Lotuleilei (their recent starter just retired, take the BPA..this team can't afford any risks).

Titans- Ezekial Ansah (signing 2 OGs in FA rules out OG in the 1st; take next best pass rusher).

Chargers- Chance Warmack (pair him w/ Jared Gaither, make a good OL upfront for Philip Rivers)

Dolphins- Xavier Rhodes (lost 2 starting CBs past 2 offseasons; spent a ton on WRs this year)

Bucs- Sheldon Richardson (assuming they trade for Darrelle Revis, shore up that D)

Panthers- Cordarrelle Patterson (all pass rushers gone, top CBs gone; new weapon for Cam Newton to go with Greg Olsen and Steve Smith)

I think there's a very realistic chance Geno Smiith goes to Jax, Oakland, or Cleveland. Jax and cleveland have new GM's and coaches so they're not tied to their previous qb's. We all know the situation with Carson, and all 3 teams have private work outs scheduled plus are showing interest. I understand they want a trade down, but interest from #2 and #3 puts the leverage in KC's hand for a trade if someone really wants smith.

i think bills are targeting Ryan Nassib (buddy's a bills fan and he hopes for him too..but makes sense..syracuse hc, syracuse qb..)

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member

For some reason, I can see Carolina taking a chance on Tavon..

A55VA6

Legend

UnknownREknown said:
For some reason, I can see Carolina taking a chance on Tavon..
I see a few teams that might..

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iced said:
Angry Ram said:

Cardinals- Jarvis Jones (freak themselves by not upgrading LT in FA and top 3 gone; Bruce Arians publically claimed Drew Stanton a capable starter; take best pass rusher)

I think there's a very realistic chance Geno Smiith goes to Jax, Oakland, or Cleveland. Jax and cleveland have new GM's and coaches so they're not tied to their previous qb's. We all know the situation with Carson, and all 3 teams have private work outs scheduled plus are showing interest. I understand they want a trade down, but interest from #2 and #3 puts the leverage in KC's hand for a trade if someone really wants smith.

i think bills are targeting Ryan Nassib (buddy's a bills fan and he hopes for him too..but makes sense..syracuse hc, syracuse qb..)

Doubt it man. All the signs point they'll be going defense, except maybe Cleveland. But they only have 1 starting CB, and taking Dee Milliner would put them over the top. Branden Weeden is a good QB, he needs weapons. And none of those teams have made any moves to jepordize the incumbents (like the Bills did or the Rams did when they cut Marc Bulger).

bluecoconuts

Legend

I expect 2 QB's to go, maybe even 3. Teams panic, someone may trade up, it always happens.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

bluecoconuts said:
I expect 2 QB's to go, maybe even 3. Teams panic, someone may trade up, it always happens.
Yep,and thats the beauty of picking in the middle of the round.

paceram

Pro Bowler

Angry Ram said:

Looks like a very realistic & possible draft scenario (of course, there are a lot of question marks so there could be some different names with your above draft on the actual Draft)! Great Job!

If, your Draft comes true who would you pick for the Rams at #16 (Austin, Cooper, etc)?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Good stuff AR. All very realistic.

I could see Barkley going in the top 10. The premium placed on QBs is insane. Someone will jump to grab Barkley who may be the top rated QB on their board.

I worry about the Chargers taking a WR. Floyd is their only consistent WR. Meachem was MIA and Gates is getting old. They dont seem to be interested in making DX a fixture of the offense. They tendered him at the original pick level.

Also think Carolina addresses the D in some way

Speeps

Starter

Don't rule out teams jumping up to/or taking a QB early. In recent years teams have "overvalued" a QB, just because he is well...a QB. We saw it with Tannehill, and we saw it with Ponder. Don't be surprised if that happens this year.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

Angry Ram said:

Cardinals- Jarvis Jones (fucked themselves by not upgrading LT in FA and top 3 gone; Bruce Arians publically claimed Drew Stanton a capable starter; take best pass rusher)

I dig what you got goin' Angry, and can see a lot of it shaking out that way. If the Cardinals don't jump and take the likes of Warmack though (in your version), they're freaking done. That team's line is beyond terrible and already cost them millions of dollars in terms of wasting money on Kolb, Stanton, Hoyer et. all. I definitely see a premium on the top 5 o-linemen though, pretty sure we'll see Cooper go in the first too, maybe more.

Angry Ram

libertadrocks said:
Good stuff AR. All very realistic.

I could see Barkley going in the top 10. The premium placed on QBs is insane. Someone will jump to grab Barkley who may be the top rated QB on their board.

I worry about the Chargers taking a WR. Floyd is their only consistent WR. Meachem was MIA and Gates is getting old. They dont seem to be interested in making DX a fixture of the offense. They tendered him at the original pick level.

Also think Carolina addresses the D in some way

MIA or not, Robert Meachem will be back b/c of a big contract: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000144948/article/robert-meachems-big-contract-likely-to-save-his-job" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ve-his-job</a>

They also have Eddie Royal who they signed last offseason to a 3 year deal, gaurenteed $6 mil.

Carolina needs another weapon for Cam Newton, who both he and Ron Rivera might be in a make or break year. Besides, Steve Smith ain't gettin younger. If they go D, it'll be Kenny Vacarro; but I doubt it.

I bet Matt Barkley goes late in the 1st.

paceram said:
Angry Ram said:

Looks like a very realistic & possible draft scenario (of course, there are a lot of question marks so there could be some different names with your above draft on the actual Draft)! Great Job!

If, your Draft comes true who would you pick for the Rams at #16 (Austin, Cooper, etc)?

Who I would pick vs. who they will actually pick is the question. It's looking more and more likely that Eddie Lacy will be the pick, now whether it's @ 16 or 22 is another story.

Warner4Prez said:
Angry Ram said:

I dig what you got goin' Angry, and can see a lot of it shaking out that way. If the Cardinals don't jump and take the likes of Warmack though (in your version), they're freaking done. That team's line is beyond terrible and already cost them millions of dollars in terms of wasting money on Kolb, Stanton, Hoyer et. all. I definitely see a premium on the top 5 o-linemen though, pretty sure we'll see Cooper go in the first too, maybe more.

Yeah, that's true. But at the end of the day, I don't think they'll use a top pick on an OG w/ the 7th pick. They'll probably get OL help in the 2nd.

Angry Ram

OK here's 17-21

Steelers- Kenny Vacarro (Troy and Ryan Clark are much older; have young OL-men already)

Cowboys- DJ Fluker (top safety now gone; need a bookend across Tyron Smith)

Giants- Bjoern Werner (either him or Demontre Moore; Justin Tuck could retire anytime, Osi just left leaving JPP the only legit DE)

Bears- Jon Cooper (pair him w/ Jermon Bushrod, Danny Watkins and finsih their OL; not many major D needs except MLB and no top MLB guys)

Bengals- Matt Elam (spending a 1st on Dre Kirkpatrick last year eliminates at CB; have young LBs; Alec Ogletree another option).

OK so for the Rams, that leaves WRs Tavon Austin, Justin Hunter, RB Eddie Lacy, and LB Alec Ogletree.

At 16, the Rams will take Eddie Lacy. I think w/ Jeff Fisher saying he wants a "big back", SJack in ATL, and only 2 RBs on the active roster, it pretty much says it all right there. I like Eddie and I want the Rams to draft him, but I personally wouldn't want him w/ the 16th pick but rather @ 22. But Les Snead and Jeff Fisher might not want to risk it considering the rumor they were pissed Justin Blackmon got picked and Eddie Lacy might be taken by Cincy, Pittsburgh, or the Giants.

At 22, I'll go out on a limb and do say they take Tavon Austin. I want to say Justin Hunter, but Brian Quick already fills that role of the tough WR. It's pretty much a lock they'll go WR in round 1.

The Jake Long signing really helped both LT and LG and make it less of a priority. That's why they don't take Jon Cooper @ 16.

So

16. Eddie Lacy
22. Tavon Austin

A55VA6

Legend
Re: What the teams in front and behind the Rams will do UPDA

I like your picks but Austin will be long gone by 22 in my opinion. At 16, get Austin. 22 get Lacy. Lacy will be there at 22.. Austin won't.

Angry Ram

A55VA6 said:
I like your picks but Austin will be long gone by 22 in my opinion. At 16, get Austin. 22 get Lacy. Lacy will be there at 22.. Austin won't.

You maybe right, but those teams will go w/ conservative (b/c of his size) and take the other players over him.

A55VA6

Legend

Angry Ram said:
A55VA6 said:

You maybe right, but those teams will go w/ conservative (b/c of his size) and take the other players over him.
Quite possible. It'll be interesting to see if a team grabs him quick just based on his playmaking ability.

fearsomefour

Legend

Your mock makes a heck of a lot more sense than most of the "experts" I have read. Well done. That big back better get used to not lowering his head when encountering a SS at full gallop. Unbelievable.
I dont think teams spend a 2nd rounder on a RB in this day and age to not have him start. Pead has shown next to nothing as far as Im concerned....but, who knows if they still believe in him enough to NOT take a RB early on this year. One of the two first rounders has to go WR. So, who knows? I could still see OLB or S in that 22 spot.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Nice job, Angry Ram.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I like this mock.

nighttrain

Legend

just dont see us taking a RB in the first round, it would mean fisher/Snead call Pead a bust without really seeing him in action..just dont see it..
train