What the Experts Say about the upcomming Game @Texas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
key numero uno...must contain arian foster. simple as taht if we dont, the game will never be in question.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I wonder how many putrid blowout performances a Jeff Fisher team has ever suffered in one season.

So far, he's got 2 this year.

i bet the texans giving 7' this week but i think the game will be close for the most part. hou is obviously having some issues of their own at qb and i think the rams realize that their number one issue is foster. hopefully theyve focused on that this wk in practice and can get a few critical stops. i expect watt to have a field day against this oline and it could be another ugly outing for bradford.

as far as our off, i think some of you know how i feel abt bradford. im alsso not sold on z stacy. of course he looked good last week against a dreadful jax. lets see what he can do against a team that is actually trying to win a football game. i saw someone elses detailed posts breaking down route running etc. its obvious that there are opportunities out ther to complete passes down the field and we just arent getting it done. o line is partially to blame but sam must learn to look off receivers and change plays at the line before anything changes.

nighttrain

Legend
BigRamFan said:
Freak all of those guys! "Bleacher Report Experts", the definition of a contradiction of terms!

Rams win! 31 - 13
like your style, here's hoping
train

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DegenR(g)ambler said:
key numero uno...must contain arian foster. simple as taht if we dont, the game will never be in question.

I can't help but think you're probably right. If we stop Foster... this is a winnable game.

fancents86

Starter
WE NEED TO PLAY NO HUDDLE RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING!! I don't understand why we wait til we get so far behind to play this type of offense? If we can get a good lead, THEN we should slow down. And considering we are playing the best D in the league, we need to tire them out and not allow JJ to get to Bradford. I've also noticed Bradford is very predictable when passing. He gives his chosen reciever a good 5 sec stare before releasing to them, JJ will bat down balls all day long if he keeps pulling that crap. Our oline and running game is what needs to stand out to win this game. Secondary also needs to step up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
fancents86 said:
WE NEED TO PLAY NO HUDDLE RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING!! I don't understand why we wait til we get so far behind to play this type of offense? If we can get a good lead, THEN we should slow down. And considering we are playing the best D in the league, we need to tire them out and not allow JJ to get to Bradford. I've also noticed Bradford is very predictable when passing. He gives his chosen reciever a good 5 sec stare before releasing to them, JJ will bat down balls all day long if he keeps pulling that crap. Our oline and running game is what needs to stand out to win this game. Secondary also needs to step up.

This myth keeps on being regurgitated. From Brian Schottenheimer on JJ Watt batting passes down:
There’s not much you can do [to stop him from batting down balls]. The emphasis goes more to the linemen. If you have got him stopped and he’s kind of standing there trying to feel his way through, you have just got to try to get your hands on him to keep his hands down.

Bradford staring down WRs for a long period of time is a myth. He takes some blame in passes being batted down at the LOS because he needs to do a better job of finding throwing lanes and using pump fakes to stop defenders from doing it(so his delivery isn't so predictable). However, as Schottenheimer says, the bulk of the responsibility falls on the OL. They need to move the man they are up against to create lanes, get their hands on him and if he does try to bat the pass down...punish him for it.

This isn't a simple one way street and Bradford isn't at all the only person to blame.

As far as a 5 second stare down...that's beyond hyperbole. Bradford averages 2.65 seconds per attempted pass and has been the second worst in the NFL when it comes to being sacked quickly at 3.3 seconds per pass attempt. Only Matt Stafford has had worse protection on his sacks at 3.1 seconds.

fancents86

Starter
I wouldn't call it a myth considering I've seen it with my own eyes. There have been times where Bradfords eyes have not left the intended reciever while he is going through his whole route. This may be why you have posted bradford missing open recievers so often. Notsaying it's every play, but I hae asked myself many times how safty's are not getting more picks off of Bradford considering he's giving away who he is going for. But yes the 5 seconds was intended to be exaggeratted.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
fancents86 said:
I wouldn't call it a myth considering I've seen it with my own eyes. There have been times where Bradfords eyes have not left the intended reciever while he is going through his whole route. This may be why you have posted bradford missing open recievers so often. Notsaying it's every play, but I hae asked myself many times how safty's are not getting more picks off of Bradford considering he's giving away who he is going for. But yes the 5 seconds was intended to be exaggeratted.

Well, a few things:
A) A lot of people don't understand that you don't look off your target on a 3 step drop...it's a designed quick throw
B) A lot of people cannot see the subtle differences in progressions without coach's film...you may think he locked onto 1 route when the truth is that he went through 3 progressions
and
C) Bradford sometimes does lock onto a route...but it's typically in a situation where looking off doesn't make a difference

However, none of that means anything when it comes to batted balls. The DE usually isn't reading the QB's eyes. He's reading the QB's arm action and his body. They get their hands up in the passing lanes when they see the QB bring the ball back to throw and point his shoulder towards their direction or step towards them.

The issue with locking onto routes is missing open WRs...but batted balls really aren't all that connected to it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
fancents86 said:
good points

Yep. And I do see your point. It is an issue...just one that isn't as strongly connected to this subject. I'd say his predictable arm action is more connected to that...if we're discussing Bradford's blame on this specific topic.(batted balls)

RamzFanz

Damnit
RamzFanz said:
There's no way the Rams stop Foster except injury. To have any hope this week they need turnovers and the O needs to be creative and not drop passes.

Oh yeah, and they need field position so ST is going to have to grow up fast.

If it's the same Rams, they can't win this except maybe 1 time out of 10.

Please, Schotty and ST, WAKE UP!

Hmmm, the BR "experts" we're all wrong and I was dead on!

Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut. :sly:

jjab360

Legend
RamzFanz said:
RamzFanz said:
There's no way the Rams stop Foster except injury. To have any hope this week they need turnovers and the O needs to be creative and not drop passes.

Oh yeah, and they need field position so ST is going to have to grow up fast.

If it's the same Rams, they can't win this except maybe 1 time out of 10.

Please, Schotty and ST, WAKE UP!

Hmmm, the BR "experts" we're all wrong and I was dead on!

Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut. :sly:
To be fair, that's not exactly a glowing endorsement lol.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
DegenR(g)ambler said:
i bet the texans giving 7' this week but i think the game will be close for the most part. hou is obviously having some issues of their own at qb and i think the rams realize that their number one issue is foster. hopefully theyve focused on that this wk in practice and can get a few critical stops. i expect watt to have a field day against this oline and it could be another ugly outing for bradford.

as far as our off, i think some of you know how i feel abt bradford. im alsso not sold on z stacy. of course he looked good last week against a dreadful jax. lets see what he can do against a team that is actually trying to win a football game. i saw someone elses detailed posts breaking down route running etc. its obvious that there are opportunities out ther to complete passes down the field and we just arent getting it done. o line is partially to blame but sam must learn to look off receivers and change plays at the line before anything changes.

Why would you come to a Rams board, proclaiming to be a Rams fan and announce that you bet on the opponent? I'm glad you lost.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
nighttrain said:
BigRamFan said:
Freak all of those guys! "Bleacher Report Experts", the definition of a contradiction of terms!

Rams win! 31 - 13
train

Darn near nailed it too! I should have given us more credit. :cheese:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BigRamFan said:
nighttrain said:
BigRamFan said:

Rams win! 31 - 13
train

Nicely done!

Can you tell us the score of next week's game so we can celebrate early? :sly:

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
CGI_Ram said:
BigRamFan said:
nighttrain said:
BigRamFan said:

Rams win! 31 - 13
train

Nicely done!

Can you tell us the score of next week's game so we can celebrate early? :sly:

Oh yeah, but not until say Thursday. It takes me that long to feel the vibe. :boing: