What the Experts Say about the upcomming Game @Texas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SAMTHERAM

Bleacher Report Experts
Schottey: Texans, 35-16

Look, I might be one of the Texans' biggest detractors out there, but even I think this is ridiculous. Matt Schaub needs to take this game against the Rams, get back on his horse and throw some touchdown strikes to his own team.

Bowen: Texans, 27-17

No need to take the ball out of Arian Foster's hands in this one. The Texans ride the running game to pick up the win.

Schalter: Texans, 38-20

The Texans have hardly been world-beaters lately, but Andre Johnson and Arian Foster should feast on the Rams at Reliant Stadium.

Freeman: Texans, 25-21

Nothing cures a quarterback slump like the sorry Rams.

Miller: Texans, 24-20

My lack of faith in Matt Schaub is trumped only by my lack of faith in the St. Louis Rams secondary.

Frenz: Texans, 20-10

These two teams are in desperation mode, so I'll give the edge to the home team with more overall talent. If the Texans can't beat the Rams, they need to move on from Matt Schaub for good.

Hangst: Texans, 20-13

There's not much to be pleased about with either the Texans or the Rams, but the Rams have troubles in all three phases of the game. If Matt Schaub can halt his pick-six streak, the home team will get the win.

Hansen: Texans, 27-24

Someone has to win, and I'm going with Houston. The St. Louis Rams should be great considering all the high draft picks they got for Robert Griffin III, but it looks like they continue to go backward.

Bardeen: Texans, 27-14

There's not much reason to believe that the St. Louis defense will put up much of a fight against Matt Schaub and Arian Foster. And that's a good thing because Schaub could use a confidence booster of a game. Welcome Rams!

Gagnon: Texans, 30-13

I just don't think the Rams defense will have an answer for Andre Johnson and Arian Foster. As much as the Texans scare me right now, St. Louis has looked terrible on both sides of the ball. In Houston, this is still a no-brainer. That probably means I'll be dead wrong.

Langland: Texans, 20-17

The Rams are a sloppy football team right now; it's that simple. They're awful on special teams, their secondary has major problems and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is scared to take a shot down the field. Houston gets back on track after dropping three in a row.

Kruse: Texans, 27-16

Unrest at the quarterback position is usually the first step in a series of events that unravel otherwise good teams. The Texans will momentarily halt that process by beating up a Rams offense that hasn't played well against top defenses this season.

OUCH ! Have faith Brothers!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Painful to read.

Lets hope we surprise a few people.

Then again - if we truly suck this year - it might force some change in the offseason?? Clutching at straws man....clutching at straws.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The team needs to read this, and if they don't win, then they don't have any pride at all.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There's no way the Rams stop Foster except injury. To have any hope this week they need turnovers and the O needs to be creative and not drop passes.

Oh yeah, and they need field position so ST is going to have to grow up fast.

If it's the same Rams, they can't win this except maybe 1 time out of 10.

Please, Schotty and ST, WAKE UP!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Wasn't so painful for me to read, I've been harsher on them than that. It's just the truth, the Rams have been brutal lately and nobody has any reason to believe they can beat a team that's a QB away from being pretty good. You gotta get results to get respect.

I'm hoping like hell we come out there and surprise some guys and gain a lot of it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBmJGJ-CpHM[/youtube]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Think we could finagle a one day trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick???

nighttrain

Legend
against all odds, i'm hoping this is the week the Rams put it all together.
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't blame them. I'd pick the Texans too in their shoes.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Freak all of those guys! "Bleacher Report Experts", the definition of a contradiction of terms!

Rams win! 31 - 13

jap

Legend
nighttrain said:
against all odds, i'm hoping this is the week the Rams put it all together.
train

If the Rams have found their resident Battering Ram RB in Zac, he could slow down the pass rush and allow Sam to mix things up more with play action passing and deeper strikes.

I still wanna know what the deal is with Pead. He is better than DRich at breaking tackles, pass blocking, and has the best pair of hands of any RB not named Tavon. He would be an excellent change of pace back to Zac's power, the lightning to Zac's thunder.

In any regard, I wanna see Brian Quick and the Cookie Monster rachet their games up more, especially if we have a legitimate running game once more. Also, it's high time the Fisher King and Schotty started getting Stedman Bailey involved with the WR mix. We need playmakers, damn it!!! I like the fact that Cory Harkey played more last week. He is 10-15 pounds stouter than Lance, who seems to have been nursing nagging injuries thus far, limiting his blocking effectiveness.

With JJ threatening to put on a show in his house, this would be a fine time for our DL leader, Chris, to break out with one of his yearly monster 2-sack or 3-sack games. The Mighty Quinn always has outstanding invitations to any Horns sack party. The Incredible Brock and his sidekick Langford need to rise up to turn away Arian and Co.

With his first 2013 regular season game under his belt, it's time for Jo-Lonn to show the young rookies 'Tree and Ray-Ray what power LB-ing is all about, what making a statement hit is all about. Hopefully, the Baby Animal can neutralize the Texans' TE's on pass plays. Schaub is very good, indeed, when he gets rolling; so we need to keep his confidence shaky.

Tru has to continue to step forward as a physical CB against the big Texan receivers. I really want to see him and Jenks mature into a solid duo this season. Whatever Finnegan's issues are, if there is a true decline in effect, I wonder if the Fisher King would consider moving him to safety, combining his coverage skills with his physical aggression? This guy is getting paid an awful lot of dinero for his play, and he needs to be placed where he can be most effective.

We probably have the best 1-2-3 ST punch in Greg the Leg, Johnny Hekker, and Jake McQuaide. Johnny accurately blasts us out of trouble consistently, and The Leg is several NFL records waiting to happen. Jake is so incredibly steady, we never hear his called. For an NFL long snapper that's a sure sign of great success.

Benny has the speed and power to take one to the house occasionally. He just needs guidance at times as when to take the ball out of the end zone. When you have a weapon like Tavon touting the rock on punt returns, extreme measures needs to be taken. Everyone OK with caning anyone who messes up Tavon's masterpieces?

The Horns need to rumble into Texas with extreme attitude. Look those damn Texans square in the eye and yell with their play, "This is our damn house!!!" :twisted: :ww:

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
The sad thing is we are coming off a win, even against the lowly jags, and the press is on us.
I just want a well played game in all three phases - let the final score be what it be.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, as we have learned all too often; teams having problems, "always seem to get better when they play the Rams."

I don't see Sunday any differently. the key for me is IMPROVEMENT week to week. If this team is to compete serously next season, they need to work out the kinks, gain experience, prevent forced errors and self inflicted mistakes as the season progresses.

There will be "no show, after the show", this season, but they can still progress and improve their play on both sides of the ball....be competitive, play hard and 'represent." :pissed:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
ramsince62 said:
Unfortunately, as we have learned all too often; teams having problems, "always seem to get better when they play the Rams."

I don't see Sunday any differently. the key for me is IMPROVEMENT week to week. If this team is to compete serously next season, they need to work out the kinks, gain experience, prevent forced errors and self inflicted mistakes as the season progresses.

There will be "no show, after the show", this season, but they can still progress and improve their play on both sides of the ball....be competitive, play hard and 'represent." :pissed:
IMO this team can erupt and Sunday would be an excellent time to do so,THAT is what I will be hoping for,I never predict against my hopes.
But yes REPRESENT make them KNOW they had a game.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I hate Mike Freeman. He is the newish lead NFL writer at B/R. Worst writer at the site and always bash the Rams, even if they win. And he has a hard-on for complaining about Suh.

That being said, Texans are a better team than us right now, even with there faults. We have a chance to win, like we do every week, but we will have to play really good and limit our mistakes and penalties.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamzFanz said:
There's no way the Rams stop Foster except injury. To have any hope this week they need turnovers and the O needs to be creative and not drop passes.

Oh yeah, and they need field position so ST is going to have to grow up fast.

If it's the same Rams, they can't win this except maybe 1 time out of 10.

Please, Schotty and ST, WAKE UP!

I agree with you here and will add this.......they have to reduce three and outs because they need to keep the ball away from the Texans, because if they don't the Texans will use the run game to keep the Rams O on the sidelines.

WvuIN02

Starter
Cant say objectively those guys are wrong.

Rams struggled with the lowly Jags.....one of the worst teams I have ever seen.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
BigRamFan said:
Freak all of those guys! "Bleacher Report Experts", the definition of a contradiction of terms!

Rams win! 31 - 13
Exactly what I thought when I read this article "Bleacher Report Experts" LMFAO ROTFL

Horrible place to get info to ramp your team up for.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The hardest part of reading all that is; the words about our Defense.

I mean, this was supposed to be a top-10 defense.

First round picks;
Long
Quinn
Brockers
Ogletree

Second round picks:
Laurinaitis
Jenkins

High priced FA:
Finnegan
Langford

That's too much primo to be playing this poorly. 8 of 11 guys!!

Time to wake up!