What that extra 3rd round pick could mean…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
with all due respect to your opinion
Which is...
sPHpvc.gif

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Perhaps we should have a poll?

With the extra third round pick, will Les:

a) use it where it is
b) trade up
c) trade down
d) self asphyxiate in delight

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Perhaps we should have a poll?

With the extra third round pick, will Les:

a) use it where it is
b) trade up
c) trade down
d) self asphyxiate in delight

b), with added option of parlaying the pick into about 10 6th rounders, because Les loves him some 6th round picks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think it’s huge. After doing mock drafts over and over, the gap between picks at this stage of draft was frustrating. This helps fix that and brings some flexibility to this draft for the Rams.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I would like someone to challenge Reeder, Rozeboom and Hoecht
The problem is that the linebacker position has been devalued over the years.

Not saying that I agree with it, but it appears that getting pressure on the quarterback and covering receivers are more important these days.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it’s huge. After doing mock drafts over and over, the gap between picks at this stage of draft was frustrating. This helps fix that and brings some flexibility to this draft for the Rams.
Agreed. We might actually make that pick at 19 this year instead of moving down. :part:

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Agreed. We might actually make that pick at 19 this year instead of moving down. :part:
Given that we desperately need both more pressure off the edge and a shutdown corner, and this draft is exceptionally deep at both positions, I would be extremely disappointed if we didn’t use that pick on improving the defence.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Given that we desperately need both more pressure off the edge and a shutdown corner, and this draft is exceptionally deep at both positions, ...

Still crazy-early but right now, I agree that CB looks deep but not too sure about Edge.

After Latu, Turner, Verse, Chop Johnson and Trice, there may be a big drop-off. Any other guys you really like?

Tano

Legend
I could also see the Rams trading their 1st and 3rd for a late 1st and 2nd if that works out in the compensation formula

Tano

Legend
Still crazy-early but right now, I agree that CB looks deep but not too sure about Edge.

After Latu, Turner, Verse, Chop Johnson and Trice, there may be a big drop-off. Any other guys you really like?
One of those 4 might last to the 19th pick - go CB in the second with ILB and OL in the 3rd

Just a thought

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Given that we desperately need both more pressure off the edge and a shutdown corner, and this draft is exceptionally deep at both positions, I would be extremely disappointed if we didn’t use that pick on improving the defence.
The depth at CB is good. At EDGE... not so sure.

NOTE: Posted this before I saw that A2M said pretty much the same thing! :sunglasses:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would get Dotson done, and add a WR in FA while restructuring Kupp. Then draft the everliving fuck out of defense.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Any other guys you really like?
In the second round, I’d happily take Tuimoloau, Braswell or Sawyer.

I have a feeling one of Chop or Trice will fall into the second round, in which case I would use one of our thirds to trade up.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
One of those 4 might last to the 19th pick - go CB in the second with ILB and OL in the 3rd

Just a thought
Definitely, and there's actually 5 Edge players listed there.

I was pushing-back on the idea that it's a deep Edge group. I don't consider five deep.