What Saints fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah those guys talking about running up the score on the Rams............WTF Cares! It is preseason!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
"Langford/Brockers would probably make any center look bad. But they will likely only play a series or two.
(y)

Are they gonna play at all? I know they've been out of practice for minor things. Would be nice if they played a couple series.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Preseason... compete hard, play hard, and come out of it injury free. Gain some momentum going into the regular season.

tonyl711

Starter
GW must be feeling pretty sore from all those voodoo dolls the Saints fans are sticking pins in, NEWSFLASH Aints fans, that Defense that kicked your sorry butts last year is only going to get better.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I don't mind the Saints players, but ever since 2000 their fans have definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

The word is "that." You don't bring umbrellas to a football game when it's not raining outside. Argh.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow! Gregg Williams has really gotten into the heads of some Saints fans.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Forecast: 4 Things to watch - Saints@Rams

I had to link u guys to this story just for this part. Enjoy

Quote:
There is a 99.999 percent chance Asshole Face and Gregg Williams shake hands, say hello, and ignore talking about Bountygate all together. But there is a .001 percent chance Payton sucker punches Williams, body slams him at the 50-yard line of the Edward Jones Dome and screams "Cross Fit FOREVER," Twitter then goes insane and sucks the universe into a black hole which causes humanity as we know it to end.
----------------
My Conspiracy Speculation on The Rams Game...

Coach said Brees is feeling better in today's presser but he hasn't made a decision on if he will play. I wonder if a strong reason (among not rushing Brees back) is the fact GW will be across the field and we all know how much he likes to blitz and bring pressure in preseason. Factor in that starting DLine is nasty and it just seems like that has to be playing a big factor.
--------------
I wouldn't want Brees playing at all against the Rams in Pre-Season. Not worth it.
--------------
It's an interesting theory. I know Brees himself would want to be out there, but listening to Jimmy talk today he said they watched an old preseason game from 2011 vs 49ers. He said GW dialed up a lot of blitzes. I wonder if after watching that film Payton was like yeahhhhhh Brees I think your left oblique is aggravating you a bit huh?
-------------
That's kind of my point. I mean I think the injury is legit but we know Drew is an ironman type. I think if we were playing another team we may see him for a series. Perhaps.
-------------
well, payton is usually pretty bold- and he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would back off from anyone- but i couldn't blame him if he didn't quite trust gregg williams. he might have his reasons, right?
-------------
i would also add to that the fact our two starting OGs are out with injuries, so you know that's where Williams would bring the most pressure. No need to risk injury to Brees when there is absolutely nothing on the line in this game.
--------------
It's no secret at this point that Payton and Vitt etc. do not have a high opinion of Gregg Williams anymore. While I doubt Williams would want to have any part of injuring Drew Brees in a preseason game when it would only bring the magnifying glass right back on him, Payton is a suspicious guy who is very strategic.

I don't think the Brees oblique injury is made up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are making a bigger deal out if it than they would if we didn't have Gregg Williams up first in the preseason schedule. Normally any tweak Brees has is super downplayed by Payton, but this has been out in the open from the first day. Very interesting.
------------
This game could go either way, coaches could be gentleman or this could get real nasty.....like bench clearing nasty.
------------
I totally agree with this theory. SP couldn't control GW when he was here. Not worth it.
------------
Idk if GW will blitz like he did in NO. Buddy Ryan's philosophy is about generation pressure at all costs, never sit back and get picked apart. They can probably generate pressure with 4 pretty well. We'll see!
---------
I wouldn't put it past GW to game plan against us like he did in 2011 against San Fran for pre season. There is definitely no love loss between the Saints and him. I think the NFL is hoping something happens so they can reprimand someone. Who knows.
-----------
St. Louis Rams Look-a-Like Thread
-----------
Chris Landry: Saints approach heading into Rams game

Here's the link for the subject of this thread.

The NFL officiating crew is putting even greater emphasis on defenders' contact with receivers downfield and it is anticipated that they will freely throw flags in preseason so teams can adjust before the regular season. This will open up offenses even more and further aid an explosive team such as the Saints.

Pay attention to the fancy new iPads on the sidelines, which replaced the faxed sidelined videos that had been used for two decades. Now pre-snap videos will be in high definition on iPads, where coaches can enlarge, zoom and write on it for instruction. No Internet or any other computer access is allowed during NFL games.

As we progress through preseason, I will go over such things as roster makeup numbers and look at key spots on the Saints' roster.

But for preseason viewing, concentrate more on how teams are playing and less on who wins. The development of the roster and building of the team for the regular season is what preseason is all about.

While the preseason doesn't count in the standings, they do matter a great deal.

-------------
I don't think the Saints will show much outside of vanilla packages for Cooks. The multiple offense schemes will be kept under wraps. I think there will be some deep shots against the 2s and 3s though.

I don't think if Chris Long gets the better of Terron Arnstead without help a time or two, that it would be cause for thinking the sky is falling and I don't think if he shuts down Mr. Long it will be cause to anoint him All-Pro... yet. I just don't think we're going to be able tell much about the backups on the O-line from one game. That's a really good D-line and if any blitzing is going on without the protection packages being installed it could make them look a lot worse than it would otherwise.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
weren't the Saints two of the five victories the Rams got over the last 17 years or something like that.....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams broadcast
The NFLN broadcast with Tori Holt and Marshal Faulk was just painful to listen to. I know they are ex-players and that was the Rams home broadcast we were watching but it was just borderline unprofessional. It was almost like watching the game in a sports bar in St. Louis without the cursing.

There was one play in particular that really irritated me, one of our receivers (don't remember who) was pushed in the upper chest, past five yards while the ball was in the air to him and knocked him off his route and the ball was of course incomplete. It was blatant pass interference and they kept going on and on about how this rookie made a good play. I think it was the drive with the awesome Josh Hill reception when we were in the red zone.
Oh well, just had to rant a little.
--------------------
The game was all about SAM.
-------------------
It could have been a lot worse, like when Antonio Gates was being interviewed while Chris Ivory scored a 70+ yard TD. At least they made some attempt to describe the plays while gushing about how wonderful such and such a Ram player was. Having the Rams' GM in the booth was pretty tacky as well. Oh well, at least I got to see the game.
--------------------
wow..I thought it was actually enjoyable for a preseason game(most have zero humor and are generally boring).

Last nights broadcast may not be something you want for millions and millions of viewers, but it felt like a more realistic living room feel with former players in your living room tell it how it is along with a play by play guy.

They weren't homers too bad imo. Both guys spoke in we/us terms, but they also talked about saints players and gave props.

I though it was pretty funny when the rams were returning a punt/KO and the saints ST came flying in and they joked about the ram guy better be lucky he saw that saints ST flying by.

They noticed the saints OL dominance immediately out the gates among other things the untrained eye wouldn't notice.

You are not going to get Pat Summerall and John Madden every game around the league during preseason games.
------------------------
I particularly enjoyed the donut segment. Marshall Faulk really likes donuts. Good to know they will be getting comp donuts every game in the booth at Edward Jones Stadium. I learned a lot about the Rams last night. PFTTTTT!
------------------------
I felt like the rams were the only team on the field. And they beat the same bullet points to death throughout the game and all of the cut-aways to interview people. I tried WWL but the synch was off by about 15 seconds.
-------------
Gregg "Heisenberg" Williams
Looks like someone had a Breaking Bad marathon on their year off of work.

-------------

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I had to listen to the Saints' broadcasters, and it was pretty much the same. Saints this, Saints that, sideline reporter talking about Saints, quick "About Me" segments from Saints players telling me what their favorite movie is, blah blah blah. It's a preseason game. What did these guys want from whichever team announcers they were listening to? I tried to switch over to the Rams' announcers, but it was a radio broadcast with D'Marco and it wasn't entirely synced up.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Rams broadcast
The NFLN broadcast with Tori Holt and Marshal Faulk was just painful to listen to. I know they are ex-players and that was the Rams home broadcast we were watching but it was just borderline unprofessional. It was almost like watching the game in a sports bar in St. Louis without the cursing.

There was one play in particular that really irritated me, one of our receivers (don't remember who) was pushed in the upper chest, past five yards while the ball was in the air to him and knocked him off his route and the ball was of course incomplete. It was blatant pass interference and they kept going on and on about how this rookie made a good play. I think it was the drive with the awesome Josh Hill reception when we were in the red zone.
--------------------
-------------------
It could have been a lot worse, like when Antonio Gates was being interviewed while Chris Ivory scored a 70+ yard TD. At least they made some attempt to describe the plays while gushing about how wonderful such and such a Ram player was. Having the Rams' GM in the booth was pretty tacky as well. Oh well, at least I got to see the game.
--------------------
wow..I thought it was actually enjoyable for a preseason game(most have zero humor and are generally boring).

Last nights broadcast may not be something you want for millions and millions of viewers, but it felt like a more realistic living room feel with former players in your living room tell it how it is along with a play by play guy.

They weren't homers too bad imo. Both guys spoke in we/us terms, but they also talked about saints players and gave props.

I though it was pretty funny when the rams were returning a punt/KO and the saints ST came flying in and they joked about the ram guy better be lucky he saw that saints ST flying by.

They noticed the saints OL dominance immediately out the gates among other things the untrained eye wouldn't notice.

You are not going to get Pat Summerall and John Madden every game around the league during preseason games.
------------------------
I particularly enjoyed the donut segment. Marshall Faulk really likes donuts. Good to know they will be getting comp donuts every game in the booth at Edward Jones Stadium. I learned a lot about the Rams last night. PFTTTTT!
------------------------
I felt like the rams were the only team on the field. And they beat the same bullet points to death throughout the game and all of the cut-aways to interview people. I tried WWL but the synch was off by about 15 seconds.
-------------

-------------

I think they're just butthurt they can only beat the Rams in a preseason game. Even that b/c of a botched snap by Austin Davis.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Holt is really hard to listen to.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Torry needs to learn that less is more when commentating.

jjab360

Legend
Rams broadcast

--------------------
-------------------
--------------------

------------------------
------------------------
-------------

-------------
I don't know why they don't understand there were two broadcasts yesterday and the one they were listening to was the Rams' broadcast. It was the same last year when he had to listen to Kosar go on an on about the Browns, the difference being when he went out of his way to diss the Rams players, notably our receivers and Kellen Clemens before he even got onto the field. Now that was unproffesional.