What Saints fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/how-should-saints-attack-rams-361958/#.WDW1VfkrI2w

How should the Saints attack the Rams?

I'm not taking the Rams defense lightly at all...They have had our number the last few times we've played them. Plus let's not forget the fact that Gregg Williams runs their defense and he is very familiar with what the Saints want to do.

I expect some different looks to try and confuse Brees and I definitely think they'll be some pressure packages put in play to try and generate turnovers and help their offense which is exactly what the Saints must avoid in this game. I sure hope Armstead is ready because we need the offensive line to be at it's healthy best.

In a perfect world I'd say the best way to beat the Rams is to jump on them quick and put up points and therefore take the threat of Gurley out of the game. That being said I'm sure we'll see a lot of empty set Shotgun passes.

I just pray to God that they're are no fluky turnovers by Brees because that's one recipe for disaster. The other is the Saints Defense taking the Rams lightly and giving up TDs on stupid trick plays because I'll bet the farm that a few will be designed to try and trick us....BANK on it.
----------
Max Unger vs Aaron Donald is one of the matchups of the NFL season. Both playing at an extremely high level
----------
Considering how they have owned us in the last few games with them, I'm in favor of poisoned darts.

But seriously, we must find a way of keeping another rookie QB from looking like a Hall of Famer. If we just do that (and not try to kick anything
covri.gif
) we will win.
9.gif

----------
2-2 in the last 4 games against the Rams. Not exactly "owning" us.
-----------
Blitz on D and pass to setup the run. Oh, and most importantly, try and not give up any blocked kicks.
----------
On 4th down inside their 40, go for it (no field goals).

Go for 2 after every touchdown (no PATs).

Blowout.
---------
The same way we do when the Falcons start RISING UP... with a good flushing.

ram.gif

----------
Like Red Beaulieu from the University of Louisiana Cougars did when he faced Coach Klein & Bobby Boucher from the SCLSU Mud Dogs.

Just score once and keep giving the ball to the Rams offense. That offense is so bad, they'll find a way to lose the game on their own.
----------
GW knows how to get inside Brees' head. Beat him up physically early and often and Brees has tendencies to throw Pick 6 and fumbles

I wonder if SP has enough confidence in our defense to play a ball control, field position game and take Brees getting beat up early out of the equation.
---------
Seems like GW defenses have problems with TEs. Don't know about the Rams this year. Unfortunately for the Saints offense, TEs may be the best way to attack the Rams D... unfortunately.
----------
Armstead better be ready to go because Aaron Donald vs Lelito or Kelemente is a recipe for disaster.
----------
No turnovers and we win
-----------
8 man fronts to shut down Gurley and don't turn the ball over and we should come out with a victory.
----------
Hoping Fairley has a big day out!

-86ba17d6474980a9.jpg

-----------
We need lots of quick routes. Don't even worry about taking the top of the defense until at least the 3rd series (on a 1st and ten). We need to get the ball out fast to players like Thomas and Snead. None of this bubble screen to cooks just to see him get destroyed by 3 defenders crap.

After the quick strikes dial up some screens to ingram and hightower.

I don't even know if i'd attempt to get the run game going until I got on their side of the field.
---------
Probably this. Been doing some statistical research and the Rams defense looks like it's weakness is short passes to WR#2 (primarily) and then short passes to the other non-#1 WRs. Passes to RBs and TEs they tend to defend well. So Short passes to Snead, Thomas, and Coleman.

Also, they give up about the same yardage per game against the run, and a little more per carry as the Saints D.
----------
Be alert for trick plays as well. Fisher likes to pull things like onsides kicks and fake punts against his. They always catch us off guard and get a big play at some point in the last 3 games we've faced them.
----------
Keep the ball away from their defense, which is their main scoring threat.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the Rams to have a chance, they need to score 27 points.
Can they?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the Rams to have a chance, they need to score 27 points.
Can they?

I think our defense can hold them to 14 as long as our offense score more points then them we should be fine. But that doesnt take into account any defensive scores so as long as we protect the ball. We should be fine

bluecoconuts

Legend
Just score once and keep giving the ball to the Rams offense. That offense is so bad, they'll find a way to lose the game on their own.

Keep the ball away from their defense, which is their main scoring threat.

Lol I ain't even mad.... Hopefully Goff gets going, inside the dome against the 28th ranked pass defense.30th ranked in points allowed. If our offense can't put up points against these guys, we're really in trouble.

FRO

Legend
The frustrating part with the Rams is they can beat anybody any given Sunday, yet find a way to finish 6-10/7-9. You know they are capable of playing at a more consistent higher clip, but never do. As easy as it is to see a win, it's just as easy to see a blowout loss.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
This is an intriguing game. Great offense against great defense and a horrible offense against a horrible defense. :LOL:

Psycho_X

Legend
Should be an interesting game because of each teams strengths and weakness matching up opposite of each others.

Dome stadium against one of the worst defenses in the league. Last week we were under the impression offensive play calling may open up a bit with Goff's arm under center and didn't get it... supposedly due to rain. If we don't see Boras do whatever he can to get the ball down the field in this game and use Goff's strengths we never will under his watch.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think our defense can hold them to 14 as long as our offense score more points then them we should be fine. But that doesnt take into account any defensive scores so as long as we protect the ball. We should be fine
The Saints are averaging 31 points per game at home this year including 25 against Seattle. Don't see how we can expect our D to hold them to 14

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
2-2 in the last 4 games against the Rams. Not exactly "owning" us.
Just for General Knowledge, the Rams are 40-31-0 Life time, in Regular Season, against the Saints! 0-1 in Post Season!
The Rams have played the Saints once with Fisher as HC. A 27-16 Win in 2013! Williams was not our DC at the time!(y);) Enough said!:D

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two words. Gregg Williams.
Well that didn't solve the two words
Miami Dolphins
They scored 14 against the Rams.
I think the Rams could play a great defensive game and still give up 24 points

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Does anyone think Payton will try to put up as many points on his former D-Coordinator for Bounty Gate? The last time the Rams played the Saints in 2013, Williams was under suspension. So there might be a bit more at stake for both coaches when they meet up on Sunday. Could be an very interesting sub-plot line to the game. I would imagine they know each others tendencies pretty well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does anyone think Payton will try to put up as many points on his former D-Coordinator for Bounty Gate? The last time the Rams played the Saints in 2013, Williams was under suspension. So there might be a bit more at stake for both coaches when they meet up on Sunday. Could be an very interesting sub-plot line to the game. I would imagine they know each others tendencies pretty well.
Interesting sub plot for sure.
Vice Versa, is Williams extra motivated to devastate Payton for the same?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fuck the aints... and their paper bag wearing fans.

Been hating them since they were in our Division... even though they pretty much sucked.

And fuck bobby hebert too. Fucktard.

Oh... and where the hell is our old aint loving member @Asylum Guido ? I miss reminding him about the ass kickings his team took from our Rams back in the day.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Interesting sub plot for sure.
Vice Versa, is Williams extra motivated to devastate Payton for the same?
I think Williams would love to see the defense get a shutout. I envision seeing our D-Line getting all over Brees.

jap

Legend
I want to see The Mighty One become Drew Brees worst nightmare once more.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
freak the aints... and their paper bag wearing fans.

Been hating them since they were in our Division... even though they pretty much sucked.

And freak bobby hebert too. Fucktard.

Oh... and where the hell is our old aint loving member @Asylum Guido ? I miss reminding him about the ass kickings his team took from our Rams back in the day.
The aints did have a fairly decent "Sperm doner" at QB by the name of Manning!:rolllaugh:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Saints are averaging 31 points per game at home this year including 25 against Seattle. Don't see how we can expect our D to hold them to 14

This defense has been getting better every week. Every team we played in like the last 4 weeks were averaging more points per game but we held them below that average. And i expect the same will happen again.