What Saints fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This defense has been getting better every week. Every team we played in like the last 4 weeks were averaging more points per game but we held them below that average. And i expect the same will happen again.
Holding them to 20 would be a victory

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Just score once and keep giving the ball to the Rams offense. That offense is so bad, they'll find a way to lose the game on their own.

This bummed me out because it's true.

I don't think we win this one fellas. Sorry :(

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Rams defense holds them under 13 points

Offense scores enough to win

Rams 17-13

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It might be a Fun side Bet for @flv to put up," Who scores 1st the Rams Defense? or the Rams Offence? :D:hiding:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
A team might play the 'Aint's when they're 0- 15...You still better beware of Brees...The guy is a machine if he gets it going...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If Keenum can drop 28 pts against the Lions defense, can't imagine what Goff would do to their 28th ranked defense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Details! Details! It's always small Details with you!!:rolllaugh:You could always add in "None of the above" or "No TD's Scored!!":LOL:
BUT, to honestly answer your question ..."YES!"! I have assurances from a certain Doctor!!

Witch doctor.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need to be aggressive against the Saints defense. We've played them once under Fisher and beat the brakes off of them. Let's hope we can do it again. That offense is scary, but our defense is a strong unit. We need Goff and Gurley to do work.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Put this one down as a loss as I'm there and I'm a complete jinx!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In a perfect world I'd say the best way to beat the Rams is to jump on them quick and put up points
This guy gets it. Go up early by 2 scores and you can pretty much sit on it until late in the game when our exhausted defense has to start taking necessary gambles to try to get points for the offense...and get burned by one big play to ice it.

I love our defense but i don't envy the position they've been put in all season.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/saints-must-ready-quick-passes-sunday-362018/#.WDiU4PkrI2w

The Saints Must Be Ready For Quick Passes on Sunday

The Rams will want to get the ball out of Goff's hands quickly and we must play tight bump and run coverage. Please Coach Allen and Coach Payton for once, can we start to cover the TE's and RB's when they release into the route late. If a TE or RB against us, blocks for half a second and then releases into a pass route, there is typically no one within 12 yards of them.

The Rams will be content with punting the ball and relying on their defense and our propensity to "shoot ourselves in the foot" by turning the ball over or special team blunders. We must take it to the Rams early and not let them hang around until the 4th quarter because we know what happens to us in tight games.

If we are tied or close within the last 3:00 minutes something will go wrong against us, so lets put them away in the first half.
---------
Yeah. That sucks, too. We like to play 10 yards off the WR.
-------
Our defense has been playing much better and this can't be the week that we let up just because we are playing against a rookie QB. We must make Goff hold onto the ball by taking away his first read. Those quick hitch passes to the WRs and RBs is so frustrating when the defense gives them so much cushion.

I realize our secondary is very young and still growing, but if this team is going to make any kind of late push this season, I believe it will start with the defense.
----------
The DL can help with this, even if Goff does throw quickly. If they can push the pocket, force Goff to shift his eyes, it will help. If they can get their hands up, it usually affects a young QB. They just aren't used to 6'-4" 300lb DL with 25" vertical and arms like vines.
---------
We have better situational awareness on short downs, but on 1st and 10... nothing burns me more than a 7 yard slant route.
----------
Nothing burns me more than a 5 yard pass and 2 missed tackles that turn it into 20-30 yard gain.
----------
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/j...-numbers-against-defense-361820/#.WDiVqfkrI2w

Jared Goff Will Not Put Up Marcus Mariota Numbers Against This Defense

I know folks are upset about yesterday, but you got to be excited by what you are seeing from this defense. Goff will get destroyed next week.
---------
Honestly, this Rams offense is so bad that if we're in any position to lose this game by a blocked field goal of any kind, then we deserve to lose. I don't think they've scored an actual touchdown in their last two games.
---------
Agreed. They put up a blistering 9 points on the JETS & the week before 10 points vs Panthers. Their O line may be the worst in all of football.
---------
I am not worried about the Rams offense, but hope that Drew can get back to his gaudy stats and high scoring offense against a very good defense, remembering that we should expect the Rams to let the dogs loose under Greg Williams.
---------
Saints have had a history of making rookie QB starting for the first time look like all pros. Still Saints gotta win this game. It is do or die now.
---------
This morning's lead Rams story in the Times:

Rams likely to let Jared Goff throw deep more often against high-powered Saints - LA Times

Quote:
. . . it won’t be raining indoors as it was intermittently during Goff’s debut Sunday at the Coliseum. More importantly, Rams coaches who stayed ultraconservative with the No. 1 pick in the draft are expected to open up the playbook.

They don’t have much choice.

The Saints, with quarterback Drew Brees, lead the NFL in total offense and passing offense and rank third in scoring at 28.5 points a game. The Rams are last at 14.9.

Quote:
“He was cutting it loose,” Fisher said. “He’s got a really good feel for it…. He’s putting it down the field and doing some good things. He’s in complete control of what we’re doing, so it’s good to see, it’s very encouraging.”

Quote:
“We know what his arm talent is,” Boras said of Goff, “and we understand that we have to be able to push the ball down the field to make some plays.”

Who might be blocking for Goff is in flux. Fisher said Monday that he was considering personnel changes along the offensive line. But on Wednesday he offered no specifics. “It’s competitive, so I’m not going to go there,” he said. “There may be a change or two.”

----------
For some reason rookie and backup QB's have career days against us. Never could understood that
----------
But there is also this little inexplicable problem of history...

Jared Goff, take note: Rookie QBs have thrived in Superdome

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Saints, Bucs and Seahawks. The Rams have inexplicably had tremendous success against these teams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Put this one down as a loss as I'm there and I'm a complete jinx!
I hope you get Sick and have to watch the game from your Hotel Room!!! :snicker::shades:" Just kidding, BUT, ' Break that Jinx!!!"(y);):cheers:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We need to be aggressive against the Saints defense. We've played them once under Fisher and beat the brakes off of them. Let's hope we can do it again. That offense is scary, but our defense is a strong unit. We need Goff and Gurley to do work.
We had Clemens in at QB, and Stacy and Harkey as our best Offensive Players in the game! The Final score was 27-16! We'll do a lot better this Time around!!(y)(y):D:yess:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-for-the-first-time-since-the-bounty-scandal/

Gregg Williams returns to New Orleans for the first time since the bounty scandal
Posted by Mike Florio on November 25, 2016

495257672-e1480129042781.jpg
Getty Images

The New Orleans Saints had the entire franchise thrown off its axis more than four years ago, when the NFL suspended coach Asshole Face and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams for the full season for Williams’ role in the maintenance of a bounty program during the 2009 season. For the first time since then, Williams will return to the Superdome as a coach.

“This is the first time going back down there and coaching,” the Rams defensive coordinator told reporters on Friday. “Really looking forward to it, got a lot of great memories, a lot of good feelings, a lot of good people there that I still stay in contact with.”

There may be some great memories, but the fallout arising from Williams’ effort to create an extra incentive for players who already had a reason to apply hits to opponents that rendered them incapable of continuing surely is the worst memory.

Although the NFL arguably (or actually) mishandled the efforts to end this cultural reality of pro football by nailing one culprit while ignoring evidence it had happened and/or was happening elsewhere, Williams is the one person who was linked to the practice at various prior stops in his career.

As a result, there may be some hard feelings, primarily from the fans who’ll gather for the game. How does Williams think he’ll be received?

“It’s not about that, it’s about these guys playing,” Williams said. “These guys are down there, they’re ready to play. So it’s not about me.”

That may be wishful thinking from Williams. He was the clear culprit of the bounty scandal, and it’s unlikely that fans in New Orleans have forgotten about it — or that they’ll let him forget about it on Sunday.
----------
He might want to steer clear of standing too close to the sideline in the front, or to the fans in the back. Maybe hide somewhere in the middle.
---------
Fisher makes 7 million. Williams makes 2 million. Based on their overwhelming success, why won’t the Rams give them a long extension and a well deserved raise.
-------
Seriously? I’m half expecting a “Ring of Honor” ceremony.

They won their 1st Super Bowl with this guy, don’t underestimate that.
---------
I don’t care what people say, he’s an awesome D-Coordinator.
--------
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/how-will-greg-williams-received-sunday-362025/#.WDma7_krI2w

How will Greg Williams be received Sunday?

Do you loathe him? Are you forever grateful for his 2009 defense?

2cie80n.gif

--------
I don't loathe him. He helped bring us a Superbowl and really did nothing different any of his stops along the way. We knew what we were getting. The NFL was on a witch hunt.

Wasn't thrilled he threw us under the bus with his reinstatement in the balance. But that was a forced confession if i've ever seen one. Goodell held the mans career hostage.
-------
Well, we wouldn't have won our super bowl without him but he did throw us under the bus during bountygate.

I'd say roundly booed?!?
--------
This right here is why I will forever hate him. Unforgivable.

I honestly don't know why any player or staff would trust the little turd.
shrug.gif

----------
Anyway you look at it, Gregg, Payton, and Brees brought the Saints out of the cellar of the NFL.
With that said, I do expect him to get booed.
---------
Considering he's likely to be in the coaching booth or not announced on the sidelines, I doubt he gets much reaction if any at all
---------
Forever Grateful. His Defense won the Super Bowl. I'd cheer if he were there.
---------
GW was an idiot for running his mouth around too many people like sean pamphilon, but if I blame anyone for the fake bounty thing, it's goodell. GW didn't really do anything scores of other DC's did for decades before him.
So basically, if I boo'ed GW it would be for the end of that frisco game, not the bounty thing.
---------
If you can recognize him anymore. Dude has done everything to change his look
----------
Yup. Guy threw us under to attempt to save himself rather than fight the hypocrisy that was penalizing us for stuff NFL teams continue to do. Not to mention, he knew that it would come out at some point and continued to flounce his "program" even when he knew there was going to be an investigation.

Williams is a coward and a piece of garbage. His attitude since then has not helped foster any goodwill towards Saints fans.
----------
How can anyone still like him? He was freagin giving away our draft picks before we made them!!!

He didn't stand up for his team, or his players when the exaggerated charges were levied.
He sold us out to get LESS time suspended than Payton.

That guy was a selfish piece of crap. Was he a good coordinator? Sure. But he is still a garbage person.