What makes you think Fisher & Snead are the answer for the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Not trying to start a negative or nasty thread but I am hoping to get some positive feedback on why other Rams Fans think Jeff Fisher & Les Snead will make contenders out of the Rams sometime in the near future (I am NOT getting any younger!). I will admit that I was totally thrilled when the Rams hired Fisher and I thought he was definitely the right man for the job but right now I am beginning to have my doubts! I hope I am wrong and I hope some of you other Rams fans can make me feel better about the Rams but if not then I think we might be seeing some major changes during the offseason. It is probably my imagination but it just seems that the Rams always have excuses (Roster is really, really young; Injuries; Lousy Officiating; Salary Cap Issues; etc) but after awhile it gets a little frustrating to keep hearing the same old excuses (don't the other teams have to deal with those same issues and who's fault is it that the Rams roster is so young?). I guess this should be going under the Venting topic but I am just really hoping someone can help me feel better about the Rams! I have been a Rams Fan for a very long time and I can't remember being this depressed (well, I guess there WERE a few playoff losses that were pretty depressing!)!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Because their track record of rebounding after much, much, much, worse defeats speaks for itself.

Because the players play their asses of for them. Players that were recruited because they give a damn.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because their track record of rebounding after much, much, much, worse defeats speaks for itself.

Because the players play their asses of for them. Players that were recruited because they give a damn.

I don't disagree with what you have stated but to be quite honest (just my personal opinion) the Rams just don't look like a very well coached/discipline team right now. Maybe all the penalties they are getting are from poor officiating or maybe from aggressive play by the Rams but whatever the case they really do need to cut down on their penalties if they hope to start winning more games.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I don't know if will lead us to the big dance, but it certainly helps that he has been there before. The fact that he's a proven NFL coach compaired to the last 2 monkeys we had running this team is also a plus for me. Also, look at the talent we have now compared to the 2007-2011 teams. In that span under Linehan and Spags we had a total of 15 wins in 5 seasons. In the past two seasons and the last 3 games we've already tied that total amount of wins. If anything, we are more competitive then we were in the past and that alone gives me hope.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Not trying to start a negative or nasty thread but I am hoping to get some positive feedback on why other Rams Fans think Jeff Fisher & Les Snead will make contenders out of the Rams sometime in the near future (I am NOT getting any younger!). I will admit that I was totally thrilled when the Rams hired Fisher and I thought he was definitely the right man for the job but right now I am beginning to have my doubts! I hope I am wrong and I hope some of you other Rams fans can make me feel better about the Rams but if not then I think we might be seeing some major changes during the offseason. It is probably my imagination but it just seems that the Rams always have excuses (Roster is really, really young; Injuries; Lousy Officiating; Salary Cap Issues; etc) but after awhile it gets a little frustrating to keep hearing the same old excuses (don't the other teams have to deal with those same issues and who's fault is it that the Rams roster is so young?). I guess this should be going under the Venting topic but I am just really hoping someone can help me feel better about the Rams! I have been a Rams Fan for a very long time and I can't remember being this depressed (well, I guess there WERE a few playoff losses that were pretty depressing!)!

Like you, mortality is knocking on my door and I share your doubts and concerns. But to respond directly to your question...IMO, Snead is a high energy/intellect and talented GM who also is a team player. Fisher is brilliant at handling young and in some cases, mildly disturbed players. I can think of few better to put together a competitive or dare I say, potentially competitive team. But I have doubts concerning his ability to "close the deal." He's loaded with experience, but can he get this team to the next level? I hate to say this, but considering his lengthy history, I am underwhelmed by the results.....irrespective of terms like competitive and tough.

At the same time, this franchise appears almost snake bit and outside of the GSOT, this teams record has been abysmal for over a generation and that's a lot of misery. There's no doubt (to me) that some of the air went out of this team when Bradford went down, whether anyone admits it or not. I have no problem with Hill as a back-up, but I'd bet a bundle, that if the players were honest with themselves, they'd admit that their chances to compete in this division went with Bradford. What I see out there is a whole lot of talent, playing for a whole host of reasons (pride, character, contract) and even some for each other. But that's not enough, without the deep belief that this team can compete at a high level and they honestly believe they can be successful, this team will muddle along in mediocrity, with a sparkling win here and there.

There's an old saying that "the pioneers never live long enough to see the fort get built"....that might apply in this case.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I know some guys down like Turf Show Time's writing but this article caught my eye;

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/9...4-st-louis-rams-fisher-and-snewhat we all nad

Essentially it says what we all know - it all comes down to the draft. The grades the guy's given us are mainly B+ and B- for them. Sounds about fair for guys like Ogletree, Jenkins, Tavon Austin etc. He gives a C grade to Brian Quick - so that shows that it really does take time to assess these picks.

We don't know yet whether its a success. But the answers are coming. And soon.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
- because they have built a solid group of young talent on both sides of the ball

- because they took a 1-15 to a 7-8-1 season in a tough division

-because they STILL managed to go 7-9 with a backup QB against the toughest division

- because of the amount of talent emerging on offense even with a 3rd string previously cut QB

-and because we are only having this conversation because of the FREAK accident to Bradford, if he were here we would be 3-0 and this thread would be titled "Fisher and Snead best fit for the Rams".

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
- because they have built a solid group of young talent on both sides of the ball

-because they STILL managed to go 7-9 with a backup QB against the toughest division

- because of the amount of talent emerging on offense even with a 3rd string previously cut QB

-and because we are only having this conversation because of the FREAK accident to Bradford, if he were here we would be 3-0 and this thread would be titled "Fisher and Snead best fit for the Rams".

Good answer. I agree.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Bravo

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Not with this defense and no fans would not be saying that. I still do like Snead though.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure any coach and GM combo could get us to overcome the bad calls against this team. The refs will make sure we don't have a winning season any time soon.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
This is the toughest question of all IMO. I actually think they've done a pretty good job. But there is an obvious issue with penalties that has been going on for over 2 years. At some point you have to question the coaching. Well coached teams do not continue to beat themselves the way we do. Fisher is no doubt a players coach and players love playing for him. That said, outside of a couple good years in Tennessee he's had a pretty average record most of his career. This is not the time to make any changes but if we have a really bad year one would have to start to at least think about making a change.
I like Snead, he's done a pretty good job too.

This is a tough situation. Nobody wants to keep saying, wait until next year. We have a brutal stretch after the bye week. Where we stand in another 6 weeks will say a lot about this team and the direction we're headed.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Well I definitely feel you on the whole depressed thing but I have a different take on things. I think that the reason that I am so damn depressed about these losses (actual losses and injured players) hurt so much because of the potential and promise this team has.

The penalties are a bad side effect of teaching our players to play aggressive and with an edge. Very few players know where to draw that line. Holding and PI penalties will happen, because it most likely happens on every play and simply isn't called. But no one can argue we have a problem when it comes to penalties.

But it hurt real fucking bad when Bradford went down and I considered dropping football from my list of sports to watch once I heard Chris Long went down. But that is because we can be a good team. My point is, we didn't have that before. We do now. Now we just need patience. we will get our moment soon. The night is always darkest before the dawn my friend.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Because Dick fucking Vermiel did fuck all in his first two years, and would have done fuck all in his third without Faulk, Warner and Martz.

Sorry, anyone expects, or even thinks that you turn around the dumpster fire that was the Rams in two years is just fucking delusional, or most probably your typical basement dwelling fantasy nerd.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
14 wins over two seasons while completely rebuilding the roster.

This season is not over yet, if the team tanks that equation will change.