What makes today critical for playoff run

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm saying they wouldn't purposely let Robert Quinn get held every game of the year and not call it. There are points of emphasis, but if you see the penalty you call it.

If they are purposely letting it go to generate more offense, it's a pretty big conspiracy as far as I'm concerned.
No they don't. Either that or they are truly blind.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm saying they wouldn't purposely let Robert Quinn get held every game of the year and not call it. There are points of emphasis, but if you see the penalty you call it.

If they are purposely letting it go to generate more offense, it's a pretty big conspiracy as far as I'm concerned.

The reason I don't agree with that is that it comes out all the time that there are going to be - as you put it - points of emphasis. It was brought up at the beginning of the year. I am not sure what the difference is between emphasizing DPI and de-emphasizing holding. What that means is there will be DPI calls that would have been let go last year that will not be let go this year. What that says to me is that they saw them last year - they are going to make a concerted effort to call them this year. In watching the games, I would conclude that they are de-emphasizing holding calls and in particular if there is potential injury risk to marquis players. We took a marquis QB out in the last game. I'm going to bet there was discussion about keeping that from happening with Peyton. No big conspiracy. Just a tweaking of the way games are called.

Maybe I should have called that a twerking of the way games are called because it sure looked like Quinn was being screwed out there.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The reason I don't agree with that is that it comes out all the time that there are going to be - as you put it - points of emphasis. It was brought up at the beginning of the year. I am not sure what the difference is between emphasizing DPI and de-emphasizing holding. What that means is there will be DPI calls that would have been let go last year that will not be let go this year. What that says to me is that they saw them last year - they are going to make a concerted effort to call them this year. In watching the games, I would conclude that they are de-emphasizing holding calls and in particular if there is potential injury risk to marquis players. We took a marquis QB out in the last game. I'm going to bet there was discussion about keeping that from happening with Peyton. No big conspiracy. Just a tweaking of the way games are called.

Maybe I should have called that a twerking of the way games are called because it sure looked like Quinn was being screwed out there.

I understand where you are coming from, and you could be right. Maybe I'm just putting too much faith in them.

On the topic of getting hurt: I'd much rather get sacked by Quinn than Brockers or AD.

mccownroughingcalled13rier.gif

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

If they are purposely letting it go to generate more offense, it's a pretty big conspiracy as far as I'm concerned
or, doing it to favor certain teams in order to fulfill some preplanned marketin agenda.....or, to favor teams from certain markets.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
or, doing it to favor certain teams in order to fulfill some preplanned marketin agenda.....or, to favor teams from certain markets.

Yea, I dunno. If they really favored the higher profit markets they wouldn't have a salary cap in place to make sure teams were even pay-scale wise.

But your response kind of feeds into the conspiracy thing, which could very well be true. I just don't want to believe it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I understand where you are coming from, and you could be right. Maybe I'm just putting too much faith in them.

On the topic of getting hurt: I'd much rather get sacked by Quinn than Brockers or AD.

mccownroughingcalled13rier.gif
You had to put up the gif of one of the worst calls I have ever seen. :mad::cool:

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Per the OP, I don't know what you're talking about. They haven't called holding against Quinn all year but a handful of times. The best we can likely expect when Quinn is being blatantly held is they call it maybe once a quarter. They called it early in the Broncos game, and maybe one or two other times (not necessarily against Clady, I don't remember). Per the previous poster, its part of the NFL trying to minimize injuries (particularly QB injuries). The best you can expect is they call it occasionally, it's obvious they'll ignore it 95+% of the time. That's why I wish the DL could learn techniques to escape these blatant holds, including techniques that could injure the hands/wrists/elbows of OL that are blatantly holding them. If they could, they might turn the tables. But being decent people, I'm sure they wouldn't want to hurt their competitors. Else you could be waiting a long time for the NFL to actually enforce the holding rules as written. It's more likely IMO that they'll actually change the holding rules to allow what we see happening then they'll start enforcing the rules as currently written. We can hope, but I seriously doubt its gonna change.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Coach Fisher will be reviewing the uncalled holding penalties of Clady v Quinn. This has been going on all year long but last week was soooooooo blatantly obvious, refs will be instructed to watch and call it. Robert bends so low under the tackle on his outside rush that it becomes virtually impossible to block him without holding if he turns the corner.

As good as our defense was last week, they will become the best in the NFL if Quinn is turned loose with Donald crashing inside and Long wreaking havoc since AD commands double teams now in pass pro. We will be jumping hot routes knowing they can't go deep and will stack the line to stop the run. With Hill managing the offense and Mason breaking off long runs, we will score enough to win.

Unless the Rams showed up again just to suck the life out of me one more time. I feel like Charlie Brown about to finally kick the football...

I don't want JJ jumping shit until he stops getting beat deep