What makes today critical for playoff run

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Coach Fisher will be reviewing the uncalled holding penalties of Clady v Quinn. This has been going on all year long but last week was soooooooo blatantly obvious, refs will be instructed to watch and call it. Robert bends so low under the tackle on his outside rush that it becomes virtually impossible to block him without holding if he turns the corner.

As good as our defense was last week, they will become the best in the NFL if Quinn is turned loose with Donald crashing inside and Long wreaking havoc since AD commands double teams now in pass pro. We will be jumping hot routes knowing they can't go deep and will stack the line to stop the run. With Hill managing the offense and Mason breaking off long runs, we will score enough to win.

Unless the Rams showed up again just to suck the life out of me one more time. I feel like Charlie Brown about to finally kick the football...

rambone

UDFA
This is critical and great news! Is there a news conference, link or something we can follow?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's about damn time. It is friggin frustrating to be able to see those holds time and time again on TV with no flag. If they call it at least half the time, we would have two more wins for sure.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
On the one long TD they rode Quinn to the ground if I recall correctly.
That's how I saw it as well, screaming loudly in a sports bar much to the dismay of my fiancee.

fearsomefour

Legend
That's how I saw it as well, screaming loudly in a sports bar much to the dismay of my fiancee.
Haha. Nice. My son grew up watching games with me. As stated on here before he is a Lions fan. He watches the lines more than anything...."Hold, freaking hold, CALL IT!!"
They are not calling much holding anywhere but the non calls vs. Quinn are so blatant.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Thanks for bringing this up, guys. I'm so numb to Quinn getting screwed over that it feels normal. I have little to no faith in the refs.

Cygnus

Bringer of Balance
Name
Cygnus
This was true of our first game vs San Francisco too!

Hate to bring it up but remember the late 1st half TD bomb by the 49ers?

Everyone remembers the hold on the actual TD throw but there was another Quinn non-holding call on that drive too IMO and had it been properly called on this play, it would have given us 2 more points making it 16-3 and some pretty good field position too with a minute and a half to go.

upload_2014-11-18_7-24-43.png

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
This past Sunday, Clady was holding Quinn the whole damn game. Right in front of the ref. I was yelling my head off (along with others in my section 124) for him to call it and never did. He basically just wrapped his arm around him on every play and held on... it's absolutely ridiculous.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I doubt anything comes of it, but I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I doubt anything comes of it, but I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Unfortunately the lack of holding calls does not merit a closer inspection in Goddell's NFL because it doesn't lead to injuries of players. This is his main concern due to past, present, and future lawsuits against the league.

Marshall Faulk was not only held the entire Super Bowl game against the Patriots but was pushed down and sat on and it was never called. As much as I wish the refs would do the right thing, I would be pleasantly surprised if we saw an increase in penalties against opposing players holding Robert Quinn.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
The frustrating part is they called holding against him in the first series so I thought they were going to make it a point of emphasis for the game and then they seemingly ignored the same penalty for the rest of the game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Quinn sacking qbs at will is not good for a league that wants to score a lot of points.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the league mandates the Rams d line install the "5 Aligator" method before engaging the oppositions o line.

BadCompany

Rookie
The league wants more offense, and they want less injuries. Therefore anything that could lead to an offensive play being stymied, or an offensive player being hurt, is going to be ruled against. Take the hit on Sanders for example; really big hit, close to the head, there is no way they weren't going to call it. In fact, I'm sure the refs have been instructed to call anything even remotely close to being a potential example in a lawsuit. Better safe than sorry.

So when it comes to Quinn they're going to let the holds go by. Why not? Better than having an offensive play stopped, less touchdowns scored, and perhaps even worse, a quarterback injured, right? Imagine if they call three holding calls in a row, and then on the fourth play Quinn crushes and knocks Manning out for the year? Very bad for the league...

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I was watching the game with a few friends. One, a Buc fan, kept telling me "they're not going to call holding on every play". And while he, obviously is right, my response was "if there is blatant holding", as there was against Quinn, "they should call it and the OL will figure out they can't get away with it and stop". Problem solved.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was watching the game with a few friends. One, a Buc fan, kept telling me "they're not going to call holding on every play". And while he, obviously is right, my response was "if there is blatant holding", as there was against Quinn, "they should call it and the OL will figure out they can't get away with it and stop". Problem solved.
They can always keep more men back to block. It's not as though you have to block with only 5 players.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Unfortunately the lack of holding calls does not merit a closer inspection in Goddell's NFL because it doesn't lead to injuries of players. This is his main concern due to past, present, and future lawsuits against the league.

Marshall Faulk was not only held the entire Super Bowl game against the Patriots but was pushed down and sat on and it was never called. As much as I wish the refs would do the right thing, I would be pleasantly surprised if we saw an increase in penalties against opposing players holding Robert Quinn.
Scream it from the rooftops, brother.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The league wants more offense, and they want less injuries. Therefore anything that could lead to an offensive play being stymied, or an offensive player being hurt, is going to be ruled against. Take the hit on Sanders for example; really big hit, close to the head, there is no way they weren't going to call it. In fact, I'm sure the refs have been instructed to call anything even remotely close to being a potential example in a lawsuit. Better safe than sorry.

So when it comes to Quinn they're going to let the holds go by. Why not? Better than having an offensive play stopped, less touchdowns scored, and perhaps even worse, a quarterback injured, right? Imagine if they call three holding calls in a row, and then on the fourth play Quinn crushes and knocks Manning out for the year? Very bad for the league...

This is true, but you're kidding yourself if they will break the rules to allow more points to be scored.

Honestly, I wonder what Quinn says to the Ref's after these plays.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is true, but you're kidding yourself if they will break the rules to allow more points to be scored.
Not sure I follow you. Are you saying they wouldn't let some holding go in order to allow more offense? The league couldn't simply say to concentrate more on certain penalties than others? Or that refs wouldn't protect certain marquis players? I think it happens all the time.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not sure I follow you. Are you saying they wouldn't let some holding go in order to allow more offense? The league couldn't simply say to concentrate more on certain penalties than others? Or that refs wouldn't protect certain marquis players? I think it happens all the time.

I'm saying they wouldn't purposely let Robert Quinn get held every game of the year and not call it. There are points of emphasis, but if you see the penalty you call it.

If they are purposely letting it go to generate more offense, it's a pretty big conspiracy as far as I'm concerned.