What is a "true #1 WR"??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have to pass on that much $$$ for Mack I could go for the Matthews #2 and trade up from #13 for Robinson and be happy

tbux

Rookie
Need one starter and depth- no need to freak out- still FA's out there that could work, and many draft picks- we are fine. Barnes or Jones should be able to play OG this year.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Do we think paying a center in the neighborhood of $11 - 12 million dollars is wise? He is guaranteed over $10 mil without even testing the market. Seems pretty steep for the one position on the line where we may have a starter AND depth. But upgrades are upgrades and if we could swing it while ending it with Wells, I'd probably be for it.

Now we don't have Williams returning and Smith may be going to the G-men. Lookin' mighty thin on that O-line.
I hope we do something... or no matter what we do, both starting guards would be rookies.

And as to the Robinson AND Matthews idea... not just no... but HELL no.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Need one starter and depth- no need to freak out- still FA's out there that could work, and many draft picks- we are fine. Barnes or Jones should be able to play OG this year.

Who? Anything starting quality? Now - even our mediocre LG is gone and Smith is one of the higher ranked FA Guards out there.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
man I would absolutely hate that idea- no offense
LOL I think it is highly unlikely but it certainly would be a great move to fix the O line for the foreseeable future.

Honestly would prefer trading down from #2 but not sure who the trade partner would be now. I was hoping Atl getting their 6 and 37 but now????

tbux

Rookie
LOL I think it is highly unlikely but it certainly would be a great move to fix the O line for the foreseeable future.

Honestly would prefer trading down from #2 but not sure who the trade partner would be now. I was hoping Atl getting their 6 and 37 but now????

as the draft approaches, things change quickly- and esp i Clowney is there- I will guarantee there will be offers. Be patient- you'll see.

I just dont want to pick at 2- and I dont want two OTs playing OG for us. just a bad idea all around. Trade back- hopefully get one of the OTs there then Yankey in the 2nd, or another OG later. ALso people sleeping on Jones- I think he will be a solid OG for us this year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW - who are our starters on the O-line currently under contract? Long, Barks, and Wells? Take a look at the roster. Yikes!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
as the draft approaches, things change quickly- and esp i Clowney is there- I will guarantee there will be offers. Be patient- you'll see.

I just dont want to pick at 2- and I dont want two OTs playing OG for us. just a bad idea all around. Trade back- hopefully get one of the OTs there then Yankey in the 2nd, or another OG later. ALso people sleeping on Jones- I think he will be a solid OG for us this year.

I'm hopeful for this as well. If he is able to now move into that position, it makes things a little easier. But we are likely at this point to have four less O-linemen that started games with us last season. And Wells is not likely to be able to play a full season. That likely moves Jones to Center.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

Presuming neither one was a bust, it would fix the O-Line... but man, it would be a HUGE over-investment when you could fix the O Line for the foreseeable future using a lot less draft capital.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Presuming neither one was a bust, it would fix the O-Line... but man, it would be a HUGE over-investment when you could fix the O Line for the foreseeable future using a lot less draft capital.
Maybe depends on if the other piece you use are busts. And I'll beat all of my ROD dollars that neither Matthews or Robinson will be busts

tbux

Rookie
Thing is, nobody knows how good Sam can be with top WR- he has never had one. We forget the value Tory Holt and Bruce had- to have that goto reliable guy on the outside. I think you would see a big difference in Sam- and I think Watkins helps this team immeasurably. Sure we need Oline and secondary help= and we will no doubt address it- but Put Sammy in horns and watch what happens to this offense!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Thing is, nobody knows how good Sam can be with top WR- he has never had one. We forget the value Tory Holt and Bruce had- to have that goto reliable guy on the outside. I think you would see a big difference in Sam- and I think Watkins helps this team immeasurably. Sure we need Oline and secondary help= and we will no doubt address it- but Put Sammy in horns and watch what happens to this offense!

Undoubtedly Watkins would help the team over all if drafted but he isn't the only WR you could say that about. Evans would also be in that category and we probably are not seeing someone else who will end up being very good, like Matthews.

tbux

Rookie
Undoubtedly Watkins would help the team over all if drafted but he isn't the only WR you could say that about. Evans would also be in that category and we probably are not seeing someone else who will end up being very good, like Matthews.

odds are a number of wrs could fit that bill- the problem is with wrs esp it is tough to find the right guy. Watkins has the least amount of issues/questions which is why I like him best. Ive seen him and the others, and to me he is a sure a thing as I have seen since Julio and Green came out. Blackmon was close behind (and I think would be a great wr if he gothis off field issues taken care of). Thats why I am pushing for him- he is by far the best one coming out imo.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
odds are a number of wrs could fit that bill- the problem is with wrs esp it is tough to find the right guy. Watkins has the least amount of issues/questions which is why I like him best. Ive seen him and the others, and to me he is a sure a thing as I have seen since Julio and Green came out. Blackmon was close behind (and I think would be a great wr if he gothis off field issues taken care of). Thats why I am pushing for him- he is by far the best one coming out imo.

Didn't he have some issues his Soph year? Missed some time and got arrested for something right? Not that he did not grow from those problems but still not squeaky clean.

tbux

Rookie
Didn't he have some issues his Soph year? Missed some time and got arrested for something right? Not that he did not grow from those problems but still not squeaky clean.

no he looks like he got past all that. My thing with him is his drive- thats what draws me to wanting him in horns. That guy just wont be denied- and plays all out. Those players rarely fail when that trait is coupled with talent. He is self motivated and hard working. I think he will be a top level WR- I think that is really is what seperates him from he others for me.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
no he looks like he got past all that. My thing with him is his drive- thats what draws me to wanting him in horns. That guy just wont be denied- and plays all out. Those players rarely fail when that trait is coupled with talent. He is self motivated and hard working. I think he will be a top level WR- I think that is really is what seperates him from he others for me.

Hard not to like that

tbux

Rookie
Hard not to like that

I like Evans- I like Lee, I like Matthews (under the radar a bit for his talent) but I love Watkins. When I watch those guys play, I see very talented players- but he sticks out- and its because of the traits I mentioned. I dont want to call it the "it factor" but I guess thats what it is. I also want Sam to FINALLY have a great outside threat to pair with Cook and Austin. But I wont be upset if we take a Olineman first- lots of logic in it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The most important thing I want is for Bradford to be healthy for the next 5+ years, if that happens I think he is good enough to win consistently. After that having above average skill players just makes things better. Do they need GSOT II to be playoff caliber and compete for a SB no but I would be the last one to say it wasn't fun watching those guys.