What if there was a re-draft of the entire NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
JMO but I wouldn't take a game changing WR until all the other elite talent is off the board. I just don't consider the WR position to be overly valuable.
I agree, Pass rushers and shutdown corners, Blindside blockers and QBs all are way more valuable than a WR. Hell, I 'd take Gronk over Megatron.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, Pass rushers and shutdown corners, Blindside blockers and QBs all are way more valuable than a WR. Hell, I 'd take Gronk over Megatron.

Well, Megatron isn't Megatron anymore.

I'd take an elite OG/C over an elite WR as well. But there aren't really any dominant OGs or Centers in the NFL right now.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Carr as in Derek Carr? I get it he's a gunslinger but after almost 2 years this is your franchise qb with a top 5 draft pick WR and how rookies gel, well some Wr's (Julio, AJ, Evans) . Crabtree had I think a career year and their oline is improved (look at LT and RT solid bookends) , what happened? Promising TE in Rivera disappeared to their 3rd round rookie from the U.

Just like fantasy football take a QB late and I would favor Eli Manning over Carr. If this was a league redraft and all.

Side track. Call me a fool I'd pass on Carr especially... To the Rams if we went there last season in trade up 2nd round early or late 1st. I just don't see the fit.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
JMO but I wouldn't take a game changing WR until all the other elite talent is off the board. I just don't consider the WR position to be overly valuable.
If there was a Larry Fitzgerald in his prime available, and all the top QBs and DEs were off the board, I would have a hard time passing him up in the first round.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I don't know how Rodgers or Luck aren't picked first. You don't need a super young QB, just one that isn't retiring in the next 3 or 4 years.

fearsomefour

Legend
Carr as in Derek Carr? I get it he's a gunslinger but after almost 2 years this is your franchise qb with a top 5 draft pick WR and how rookies gel, well some Wr's (Julio, AJ, Evans) . Crabtree had I think a career year and their oline is improved (look at LT and RT solid bookends) , what happened? Promising TE in Rivera disappeared to their 3rd round rookie from the U.

Just like fantasy football take a QB late and I would favor Eli Manning over Carr. If this was a league redraft and all.

Side track. Call me a fool I'd pass on Carr especially... To the Rams if we went there last season in trade up 2nd round early or late 1st. I just don't see the fit.
Depends what you were trying to do. If the premis is starting from scratch, no players on the roster I am starting with the most important position on the field, QB. Carr, to me, is the best young QB in the league....obviously some arguement can be made for other guys, but I think he is going to be excellent for a long time.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't know how Rodgers or Luck aren't picked first. You don't need a super young QB, just one that isn't retiring in the next 3 or 4 years.
Rodgers is 32....time flies.
I think Carr is better than Luck already, protects the ball better (generally) and is younger.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats a quote from Devaney right? Or is it Fisher? Think it may be both...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats a quote from Devaney right? Or is it Fisher? Think it may be both...

I'm sure it would be a quote from a number of NFL Coaches/GMs. A lot of teams don't value the position highly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If there was a Larry Fitzgerald in his prime available, and all the top QBs and DEs were off the board, I would have a hard time passing him up in the first round.

Nah. I'd take guys like Aaron Donald (elite DT), Patrick Willis (elite ILB), Ed Reed (elite FS), Darrelle Revis (elite CB), Steve Hutchinson (elite OG), etc. over prime Fitz.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Nah. I'd take guys like Aaron Donald (elite DT), Patrick Willis (elite ILB), Ed Reed (elite FS), Darrelle Revis (elite CB), Steve Hutchinson (elite OG), etc. over prime Fitz.

That's one way to look at it I guess, but on the other hand, we haven't had a game changing WR since Holt, and we haven't had a winning record since then either. Not all of that was because of Holt or the lack thereof, but still, that is another side to the argument.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's one way to look at it I guess, but on the other hand, we haven't had a game changing WR since Holt, and we haven't had a winning record since then either. Not all of that was because of Holt or the lack thereof, but still, that is another side to the argument.

We didn't have a winning record in Holt's last 5 years with the team either.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If there were a redraft, I'm guessing a lot of Rams' defensive players would be taken early, and only Gurley from the offense.