What if there was a re-draft of the entire NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wonderboy

Rookie
I am listening to Dan Patrick and they are doing a two-round "draft" of Heisman winners as well as talking about the top receivers and it got me to thinking, what if there was a re-draft of the entire NFL? What if you put everyone in the mix and re-drafted? I think that would be fascinating (and if there were 31 other people interested, I'd be down for doing a draft on this board)! I would be interested to see when players go. If you're starting a franchise today, do you still take Tom Brady, or does he get knocked down because he's closer to the end than the beginning? What positions come off the board early? I'm assuming a lot of QB's, WR's, DE's, & CB's. I'd also be curious where the best Rams on the list would come off the board. I've got to believe that Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley, and Robert Quinn would come off the board in the early rounds. Would anybody be interested in doing something like this? I don't know that you have to have 32 guys to do it, by the way. Even 10 people might take two months to get it done with coordinating the picks! Anyway, I think it would be fascinating and a ton of fun!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe if Steve Harvey announced the #1 pick last year, we'd have to do the whole thing over again

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe 25 rounds?
11 offense
11 defense
Punter
Kicker
1 reserve position or returner?

Wonderboy

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're probably right, drafting back-ups is probably overkill. It would be hard enough for me to fill some positions (interior offensive line) as it is with NFL starters! 25 rounds would be a good number.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What if you put everyone in the mix and re-drafted? I think that would be fascinating
I do that at least once a month on Madden.

You can get a great roster that way, depending on what positions you devalue the most.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'm in.

I would pick Cam Newton first overall btw. Any other shouts for who would go #1?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Despite the year Cam Newton is having, I would go with Andrew Luck or Aaron Rogers #1 overall

I would have went Rodgers but he's 30-odd now. Luck is a good choice.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm down. Do we draft coaches/coordinators too?

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
OK so forget a mock draft! Imagine if once every 5 years the NFL put every single player up for the NFL draft?
In other words most players change teams every 5 years. (because some of the time teams would pick their own best players again, if possible)
And then yes, there's also the usual annual draft to allow college players to come in as usual.

Yes I know it's dumb idea in the sense that fans would not be able to follow and root for players that they've come to love and watch. But with that aside, imagine a league wide draft happening (not mock) every 5 years, with worst teams picking first as usual. Players like Brady, Newton, Julio Jones, etc would all be available to draft every 5 years.

The affect this would have on the league is infinite, and super interesting to ponder.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I am listening to Dan Patrick and they are doing a two-round "draft" of Heisman winners as well as talking about the top receivers and it got me to thinking, what if there was a re-draft of the entire NFL? What if you put everyone in the mix and re-drafted? I think that would be fascinating (and if there were 31 other people interested, I'd be down for doing a draft on this board)! I would be interested to see when players go. If you're starting a franchise today, do you still take Tom Brady, or does he get knocked down because he's closer to the end than the beginning? What positions come off the board early? I'm assuming a lot of QB's, WR's, DE's, & CB's. I'd also be curious where the best Rams on the list would come off the board. I've got to believe that Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley, and Robert Quinn would come off the board in the early rounds. Would anybody be interested in doing something like this? I don't know that you have to have 32 guys to do it, by the way. Even 10 people might take two months to get it done with coordinating the picks! Anyway, I think it would be fascinating and a ton of fun!

That would be SO much fun if it happened in real life!!!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Yup, buy madden. This is the first thing I do every time I buy that game.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think you have to take a great QB if one is available with the first round pick. But it you pick in the mid teens, you might have to take a game changing WR, or a top notch DE there. And the guys you draft have to be young, they can't be Brady's age, or mid 30s.

Stel

Starter
What would be fun is to let each team put 25 on a protected roster, then open a league wide draft for the rest of the rosters. Sort of like what they do for an expansion team. Every time a team loses a player they get to protect one more. When you draft the player, you get his contract. Hey, they want parity.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you have to take a great QB if one is available with the first round pick. But it you pick in the mid teens, you might have to take a game changing WR, or a top notch DE there. And the guys you draft have to be young, they can't be Brady's age, or mid 30s.

JMO but I wouldn't take a game changing WR until all the other elite talent is off the board. I just don't consider the WR position to be overly valuable.