What Excuse This Week Jim Thomas?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
I love the win and there's a lot of good things to talk about like the emergence of BQ, but the cards had some bad penalties at very opportune times for the Rams. If they don't keep multiple drives alive for us, this game isn't a W, IMHO.

Rams aren't going anywhere long term if they don't score more consistently. 16 points a game is not getting you into the playoffs. If they don't wake up to the fact that what they are doing with TA and TG isn't working, my confidence will remain neutral.

CK and TA don't have any mojo and I'm not sure why. Is TA off on his routes? Is it coincidence? It seems like the majority of bad passes are to TA. CK hits Britt, Quick, and Kendricks consistently.

Thomas has been a wet blanket but there is a lot to improve on that bears pointing out along with a huge congrats for the big wins. I love me some nail biters but a blowout here and there is nice too!
I'm not buying it. Rams also had some bad penalties at opportune times, both GRob penalties took points off the board.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
St Lou is having a bad week. Baseball Cards didnt get the Wild card spot and now the Rams are winning.
Add to that all the "big red" fans. The football Cards, I believe, are still followed by many in St. Louis. Crap storm.

.The grapes that these "writers" have are so sour that they hae almost certainly turned into whine...
:sneaky: I see what you did there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
At least "Gordo" didn't disappoint with a horseshit article...Again the Rams only win because they were given the game by the "awful, Awful Cards...The grapes that these "writers" have are so sour that they hae almost certainly turned into whine...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_1087cdd2-3974-5dd2-b4e8-1e4935bbaab1.html

Gordo is even worse than JT. Does he have a chat as well?

"Arizona lost despite holding burger pitchman Todd Gurley to 33 yards rushing."

"This season the Cardinals have lost to teams quarterbacked by Jimmy Garoppolo, Tyrod Taylor and, most recently,Case Keenum.

That's some Mount Rushmore of Mediocrity."

---------------------
You failed to say anything positive about the Rams. If you look at the standings they are in first place. What say you!!!!!
------------------
So its only news for the post dispatch if the Rams lose?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yes the Rams do need to score more points week to week. But I think fixing the run game will do that. It will completely change this offense and make defenses dread the matchup vice licking their chops, because we will have balance which is a rarity in the league nowadays.

As to Tavon I think that is the true reason the Rams wanted Goff in this draft. He's got the kind of accuracy you need to hit a guy like TA and maximize his ability. For now they need to keep taking shots with him though, Case can simply hang the ball up a little more for him and let him adjust under it. Starting this weekend teams are going to be looking at tape and seeing those big plays and wondering whether selling out to stop Todd is the right plan for playing the Rams.

We're almost there. Let's hope Fisher adjusts with TA and TG faster than he normally does because Buffalo is not going to be easy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I love the win and there's a lot of good things to talk about like the emergence of BQ, but the cards had some bad penalties at very opportune times for the Rams. If they don't keep multiple drives alive for us, this game isn't a W, IMHO.

Rams aren't going anywhere long term if they don't score more consistently. 16 points a game is not getting you into the playoffs. If they don't wake up to the fact that what they are doing with TA and TG isn't working, my confidence will remain neutral.

CK and TA don't have any mojo and I'm not sure why. Is TA off on his routes? Is it coincidence? It seems like the majority of bad passes are to TA. CK hits Britt, Quick, and Kendricks consistently.

Thomas has been a wet blanket but there is a lot to improve on that bears pointing out along with a huge congrats for the big wins. I love me some nail biters but a blowout here and there is nice too!
I completely agree! I think we have to average about 26-28 points a game the rest of the Season to get where we want to!(y);)

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Ya, I get the disappointment with the move and all. I would hope that at some point the bitterness would end.

Same with Shane Gray on Twitter......man talk about bitter. (pun intended ;))
I loved Shane.........but wow............

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gordo is even worse than JT.
3scgt3m52jnjalrzg.jpg

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Bruce2980

Starter
Are you implying that the Rams didn't have any bad penalties at very opportune times for the Cardinals? I remember penalties giving the Cardinals offense 30 extra yards in one drive alone! Not to mention both of Keenums runs were called back.

If a defense gives up less points than their opponents offense scores every week then I am sure that team will win every week, even if they are playoff games. There are many defenses in the history of the NFL that have averaged giving up less than 16 points per game in a season.

Maybe Keenum and Austin are "too short." Keenum being 6' 1" and Tavon being a little over 5' makes it hard too see? Just a guess, where as Britt, Quick, Kendricks are well over 6' tall.

Nail biters are good for TV ratings;)

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Nail biters are good for TV ratings;)

But they're not good for my ulcers.

To make the playoffs you historically need to average 21 points or above, last I looked. Sure there will be exceptions. Rams have not held scoring down low enough for me to believe they can keep winning at 16 points average.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
You guys just don't get it. The owners agreed, as part of their relocation, to let the Rams have a winning season so the revenues earned from the 2nd largest sports market go through the roof... meaning more money in their pockets. It's all for the greater good. :mrburnsevil:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same with Shane Gray on Twitter......man talk about bitter. (pun intended ;))
I loved Shane.........but wow............

I liked Shane too, but he was just so off on the move and instead of just admitting he misread the tea leaves, he has just not accepted the outcome, it's too bad.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I liked Shane too, but he was just so off on the move and instead of just admitting he misread the tea leaves, he has just not accepted the outcome, it's too bad.
Which is why I don't follow him on Twitter anymore. Most of what he's saying now doesn't add to my positive Twitter experience.

Ram65

Legend
Interesting OP @den-the-coach.

Gotta give the Rams defense credit. They created the turnovers. I thought the Rams lost the momentum numerous times yet , the defense got it back by making plays that created turnovers. It was not a pretty game but, that's the way things are played in the NFC West. Rams earned the win! Let's see how JT calls it.

Bruce2980

Starter
But they're not good for my ulcers.

To make the playoffs you historically need to average 21 points or above, last I looked. Sure there will be exceptions. Rams have not held scoring down low enough for me to believe they can keep winning at 16 points average.
Good info on the points historically needed to make the playoffs, but, 1) I believe this offense will get better, and 2) I believe this defense will get better. Will they hit those historical averages? I believe so, but it wont matter either way once they make the playoffs this season. But I do believe they will be a steam roller on offense led by Gurley and the O-Line with Goff at the helm in the next few weeks. Go Rams

RamzFanz

Damnit
Good info on the points historically needed to make the playoffs, but, 1) I believe this offense will get better, and 2) I believe this defense will get better. Will they hit those historical averages? I believe so, but it wont matter either way once they make the playoffs this season. But I do believe they will be a steam roller on offense led by Gurley and the O-Line with Goff at the helm in the next few weeks. Go Rams

Well said, go Rams!

Bruce2980

Starter
Interesting OP @den-the-coach.

Gotta give the Rams defense credit. They created the turnovers. I thought the Rams lost the momentum numerous times yet , the defense got it back by making plays that created turnovers. It was not a pretty game but, that's the way things are played in the NFC West. Rams earned the win! Let's see how JT calls it.
I was at the game, 15 rows up right, behind the Rams bench at the 45 yard line. A Snottsdale B*tch was sitting right in front of me, she kept making rude remarks to her husband about me and about the terrible influence I am for my 10 year old son. She kept looking over her shoulder, glaring at me, and smirking when the Cards did something she thought was nice. At about the 11 minute mark in the 4th qrtr, the Cards with the ball, driving down the field, right in front of me, I could hear her say to her husband, "those Rams fans are pretty quiet now," smirking shamelessly. I'm pissed again, and I said to myself, I can't let this shit stand, once it was as quite as could be, I could hear a pin drop and so I shouted at the top of my lungs, knowing that the entire tams and coaching staff could hear me, "GET THE BALL DEFENSE, GET THAT BALL." Then the ball was snapped, the RB shoots through the line, as he was in the process of being tackled, Dominique Easley strips the ball. The Rams recover the fumble right in front of us. Boy did I make that Snottsdale B*tch pay!!! I did it again with 9 seconds left and again with 5 seconds left. She was real pissed by the end of the game. So in truth, the Rams had the momentum the entire game, I could feel it BABY.

Last edited:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I was at the game, 15 rows up right, behind the Rams bench at the 45 yard line. A Snottsdale B*tch was sitting right in front of me, she kept making rude remarks to her husband about me and about the terrible influence I am for my 10 year old son. She kept looking over her shoulder, glaring at me, and smirking when the Cards did something she thought was nice. At about the 11 minute mark in the 4th qrtr, the Cards with the ball, driving down the field, right in front of me, I could hear her say to her husband, "those Rams fans are pretty quiet now," smirking shamelessly. I'm pissed again, and I said to myself, I can't let this crap stand, once it was as quite as could be, I could hear a pin drop and so I shouted at the top of my lungs, knowing that the entire tams and coaching staff could hear me, "GET THE BALL DEFENSE, GET THAT BALL." Then the ball was snapped, the RB shoots through the line, as he was in the process of being tackled, Dominique Easley strips the ball. The Rams recover the fumble right in front of us. Boy did I make that Snottsdale B*tch pay!!! I did it again with 9 seconds left and again with 5 seconds left. She was real pissed by the end of the game. So in truth, the Rams had the momentum the entire game, I could feel it BABY.

Nice job Bruce2980! About that same time, with us about 18 rows further back (never did see you down there, must have been looking in the wrong direction) did you hear the chant of DEFENSE (clap, clap) DEFENSE! and then it happened! Sent chills down my spine.

Bruce2980

Starter
Nice job Bruce2980! About that same time, with us about 18 rows further back (never did see you down there, must have been looking in the wrong direction) did you hear the chant of DEFENSE (clap, clap) DEFENSE! and then it happened! Sent chills down my spine.
I did catch a chant for defense, didn't hear any clapping though. It was the four Rams fans directly behind me that saw the scrum for the ball before I did, I would say I was happy that the universe acted so quickly to my command, ha. My brother is so good at "calling" that kind of stuff, it's crazy. When the Cardinals lost their first game, the Pats called for a time out to ice the kicker, the kicker made the field goal, I immediately turned to my cousin and told her that was bad omen for the Cards. My dad said yeah, he barely made it through, off to the right, he's going to over correct and miss wide left, and that's exactly what happened moments later, crazy stuff.