What does the rest of our division look like?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hi guys, I've been wrapped up in the McVay Rams bubble this offseason and I really do think we've made some huge strides already. The only problem is that I've not been paying attention to the rest of our division. Has anyone been keeping up with the Seahawks, Cardinals & 49ers? With these guys playing 6 times this season, IMO we must try and win these matches.

Can anyone fill me in on whats been happening with the other teams?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
9ers added some talent l...Garçon at WR--they drafted well. Still don't have a QB to talk about. I think they surprise some people this year. AZ and Seattle didn't do much to my knowledge.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lots of changes in the NFCW. SeaHags OL still is a mess, team unity a question due to dissention. Getting old at some positions.

48er's new HC, system and lots of new players.

Cards, lost key players to FA, Fitzgerald and Palmer have more grey hairs.

Rams, New HC, coaching staffs, new systems on both sides of the ball,,lots of players turnover. Lots of optimism, but just have to wait and see when they put the pads on.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
9ers added some talent l...Garçon at WR--they drafted well. Still don't have a QB to talk about. I think they surprise some people this year. AZ and Seattle didn't do much to my knowledge.

It still hurts that we didn't get Garçon, I was really hoping he'd come to LA.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lots of changes in the NFCW. SeaHags OL still is a mess, team unity a question due to dissention. Getting old at some positions.

48er's new HC, system and lots of new players.

Cards, lost key players to FA, Fitzgerald and Palmer have more grey hairs.

Rams, New HC, coaching staffs, new systems on both sides of the ball,,lots of players turnover. Lots of optimism, but just have to wait and see when they put the pads on.

I guess SF are in the same boat as us, a new team with a new style - it will be interesting to see who comes out on top..

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
From what I know the Seahawks are imploding from within. The Cardinals have a team that are mostly senior citizens. The 9ers, well I am not too sure. As far as I am concerned not really worried too much about our division.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well, last season before it started I was saying it was the first year the division was up for grabs for anyone for the first time in almost a decade. And we know how that year started off for us with maybe the most embarrassing loss I've ever witnessed. This season I think it's even more true for most of the reasons already given. It's going to come down to either who stays the most healthy between Seahags and Cardinals or who coaches their players up quickly between McVay and Shanahan.

Seahawks and Cardinals still have a lot of talent so if they stay healthy they won't be in last place. Whiners have no QB so I can't see them realistically being a threat this season even if they improve greatly. If McVay is a QB whisperer and Goff comes out swinging like you want from a number 1 overall pick I see no reason we can't compete for division lead.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Cardinals are looking at one more year of relevance. Palmer and Fitzgerald are probably retiring when the season is over and that will propel them into rebuilding mode.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It still hurts that we didn't get Garçon, I was really hoping he'd come to LA.
We'll be fine without Garcon, we have a great of WR's, so good a lot of us wish we could keep 7 on the Roster!(y);):D

I guess SF are in the same boat as us, a new team with a new style - it will be interesting to see who comes out on top..
The 9ers where in way worse shape than we where coming into this season! And even though they added 10 players in the Draft only there 1st two picks, DE Solomon Thomas and LB Reuben Foster where anything Special!
The Rams are not going to forget the 9ers only wins last year came at their expense! This Year we sweep them! And the rest of the Division!!(y):shooting:(y):snicker::shades:

animation-sweeping_jumbo.gif
two fisted drinking.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, last season before it started I was saying it was the first year the division was up for grabs for anyone for the first time in almost a decade. And we know how that year started off for us with maybe the most embarrassing loss I've ever witnessed.

As long as Palmer is healthy the division belongs to the Cardinals.

Yeah that opening week was hard to watch.......just an awful effort.

I've thought he has been over paid for far too long. I've never been a fan of his.

Garcon won rookie of the year for Griffin lol.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
As long as Palmer is healthy the division belongs to the Cardinals.

Yeah that opening week was hard to watch.......just an awful effort.

Garcon won rookie of the year for Griffin lol.

I'm not conceding the division to the Cards, Les. Even with a healthy Carson.

I think the division still goes through Seattle until proven otherwise.

Call me crazy, but I think we have an outside chance, ourselves.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not conceding the division to the Cards, Les. Even with a healthy Carson.

I think the division still goes through Seattle until proven otherwise.

Call me crazy, but I think we have an outside chance, ourselves.

If Palmer is not banged up like he was last year that's a 12-13 win team. How much he has left is debatable for sure and I will concede that. But if he is well they are hard to stop.

Remember that they were 6-0 a couple of years ago and lost Palmer, they almost still won the division ending up at 11-5 to SEA's 12-4. If Palmer stays healthy they may have made a trip to the SB, for sure they would have won the division.

The next year they took the division.

Last year he was dinged up and they were under .500

As Palmer goes so go the Cardinals. He makes Arains look like a genius. Arians is a sub .500 HC without Palmer. Even with a dinged up Palmer he's below 500.

I think SEA is in a slow decline..........they have been since the SB win. Fewer wins each year. And that OL isn't going to help them this year. They could struggle a bit and go 9-7 or only win 10 games. 10 wins won't take the division if Palmer is playing well.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are still at the bottom tbh. Until games are played every team in our division looks better. We got swept by the 9ers for crying out loud.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
With Kool aid I see Goff excelling with the awe inspiring help of Kupp who emerges as an unstoppable force. Defense erupts within Wade's system to become the stingiest D in the league and the Rams make an impractical run to the play-off's - 99 STYLE

When the Kool aid wears off I feel this team will have a moderate amount of improvement and will need another year in the system to truly compete for the division.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
This is all hypothetical of course, but the NFC West Title could be pretty darn close between all the teams heading into the final weeks of the season. Looking at the results of last year, Seattle took it with a 10-5-1 record, but if they continue to implode (and if Palmer goes down again in Arizona) we might see the Division Champ enter the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

Hard to say without seeing any games though. C'mon football season; hurry the f*** up!!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is all hypothetical of course, but the NFC West Title could be pretty darn close between all the teams heading into the final weeks of the season. Looking at the results of last year, Seattle took it with a 10-5-1 record, but if they continue to implode (and if Palmer goes down again in Arizona) we might see the Division Champ enter the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

Hard to say without seeing any games though. C'mon football season; hurry the f*** up!!!
Seattle was also lucky to win 10 games. The refs helped them win against Atlanta and Buffalo. And also should have gotten swept by Arizona. That puts them at 7-9.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Each year the Seahawks are written off in pre-season and they respond with double digit wins and a division title.
I'll believe it when I see it.