What does the rest of our division look like?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm just looking at us....and we have a lot of work to do:boxing::lifting:....Seattle is going to the playoffs...and the Cards almost killed us in week 16....and somebody just reminded me, that the only wins the 9ers had last year....was us....We lost to Kaep..and Gabbert:puke:....I feel like the Clippers right now typing that:baghead:.....:giveup:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We'll be fine without Garcon, we have a great of WR's, so good a lot of us wish we could keep 7 on the Roster!(y);):D

The 9ers where in way worse shape than we where coming into this season! And even though they added 10 players in the Draft only there 1st two picks, DE Solomon Thomas and LB Reuben Foster where anything Special!
The Rams are not going to forget the 9ers only wins last year came at their expense! This Year we sweep them! And the rest of the Division!!(y):shooting:(y):snicker::shades:

View attachment 20409 View attachment 20410
ever the optimist @DaveFan'51

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Palmer is not banged up like he was last year that's a 12-13 win team. How much he has left is debatable for sure and I will concede that. But if he is well they are hard to stop.

Remember that they were 6-0 a couple of years ago and lost Palmer, they almost still won the division ending up at 11-5 to SEA's 12-4. If Palmer stays healthy they may have made a trip to the SB, for sure they would have won the division.

The next year they took the division.

Last year he was dinged up and they were under .500

As Palmer goes so go the Cardinals. He makes Arains look like a genius. Arians is a sub .500 HC without Palmer. Even with a dinged up Palmer he's below 500.

I think SEA is in a slow decline..........they have been since the SB win. Fewer wins each year. And that OL isn't going to help them this year. They could struggle a bit and go 9-7 or only win 10 games. 10 wins won't take the division if Palmer is playing well.

I guess age is a factor for the Cardinals - and I think with the Hawks it depends on how well Wilson plays this year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm not conceding the division to the Cards, Les. Even with a healthy Carson.

I think the division still goes through Seattle until proven otherwise.

Call me crazy, but I think we have an outside chance, ourselves.
The other day, on the Rich Eisen show, McVay was asked How things are going so far, He said " ... Ask me around week 6 ..."! I think at this point we will have a pretty good idea of were the Team is at for 2017! JMHO!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I guess age is a factor for the Cardinals - and I think with the Hawks it depends on how well Wilson plays this year.

With SEA it will come down to Wilson AND the OL. If he takes a beating like he did last year he could get hurt. I was surprised he didn't miss games, and he has been sacked a lot the last few years.

The other day, on the Rich Eisen show, McVay was asked How things are going so far, He said " ... Ask me around week 6 ..."! I think at this point we will have a pretty good idea of were the Team is at for 2017! JMHO!

It's a fair answer, and it's true for most teams making the transition like the Rams are. I hope by week 6 they are at least a 500 team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With SEA it will come down to Wilson AND the OL. If he takes a beating like he did last year he could get hurt. I was surprised he didn't miss games, and he has been sacked a lot the last few years.

It's a fair answer, and it's true for most teams making the transition like the Rams are. I hope by week 6 they are at least a 500 team.
By week #6 I'm hoping we are at least 5-1! But you know me, I want the Rams to Win every game. I'M GREEDY!!:D

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The Seahawks are really the only team you can fairly judge, based on 2016. Their team is mostly the same. The cardinals lost their entire defense to free agency for the most part. They're going to struggle a little on defense. And the offense is fuckin old. Stop Johnson, and you should be alright. The 9ers are basically an entirely new team. They added probably 20 players in free agency, 10 in the draft, and a new coaching staff. They're still lacking in talent, but the defense should be pretty impressive, at least the front line.