What Cowboys Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A blast from the past......

Los Angeles Rams 20, Dallas Cowboys 0
at Anaheim Stadium, Anaheim, California

Running back Eric Dickerson led the Rams to a victory by scoring two touchdowns and recording a playoff record 248 rushing yards. After the first half ended with a 3–0 Los Angeles lead, Dickerson scored on a 55-yard touchdown run early in the third period. On the ensuing kickoff, Kenny Duckett fumbled, and the ball was recovered by Vince Newsome to set up kicker Mike Lansford's second field goal. In the fourth period, Tony Hunter recovered a fumbled punt to set up Dickerson's 40-yard rushing touchdown. The Rams' defense dominated the Cowboys' offense all afternoon as the Cowboys never got inside the Rams' 20-yard-line. WIKI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ijp2N9K2s

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/thinking-about-the-rams.299976/

Thinking About the Rams

Their QB is down for the count. Their 2nd string QB missed last week, and no word yet on if he will be ready this week. They are down to their 3rd a QB, a 2nd year UDFA who looked pretty good last week.

Tavon Austin is out for the Rams too. On the season so far they have no passing TDs and only 1 rushing TD.

They are giving up 171 rushing yards per game so far.

We're dead in the water folks. Sitting ducks. A mark.

A chess player might declare zugswang.

Wave the white flags, support the French. Help us Obi Wan Kenobi, and all that jazz.
------------
If they had even an average QB I would say this could be a trap game, but they don't, so I won't. I think we definitely win this one, although the boys have surprised me before.....
-----------
In with the obligatory: "Dude, its the Rams."
-----------
Classic trap game.
-----------
I thought Tennessee would be a tough game but we manhandled them. Their defense has been surprisingly bad this year considering all the talent on the D-line. Like everyone has said, their QB situation is pathetic.

A few quick questions. Isn't Chris Long out for a long time? And how has fan favorite Aaron Donald looked?
--------------
Only thing I worry about is overlooking the Rams because:

th

------------
they are 1-1 just like us.
------------
yep, the only way we lose this game is through bad coaching.
-----------
The report today was that the 3rd QB took all first team reps at practice.
-----------
The only thing I'm worried about is Romo. Until I see him play an entire game as "himself" I will continue to worry
-----------
You forgot Chris Long is out also, their 2nd best pass rusher.

But I would seriously be in shock if we find a way to lose this game... there's really no excuse against an already bad team with it's 3rd string QB
----------
I'm sorry Hos, but this team has NO room to get cocky. We can play an arena league team and I will be worried.

However, for some weird reason, unlike past seasons I have confidence in our D. In fact I'm almost giddy with the force manning the middle, Ro. Plus, I always feel like we are going to get that crucial TO. Anybody else feel that way?
-----------
Cocky? I'm scared down to my undies.
----------
Garrett has a great record against crappy teams. 34-17 cowboys.
----------
Looks like the perfect recipe for a Cowboys loss
----------
Didn't the rams have their backup playing in the infamous 2008 loss? But then again we had Brad Johnson. The Cowboys should roll .......may be through the air this week because the Rams have a nice defensive front.
-------------
Then one goes with the backups as always. Randle showed up well and Weeden is adequate in a reduced route passing game.

Dunbar is the change of pace and the receivers are full up.

The Rams are still suspect at stopping the run.
------------
We can play an arena league team. .... worry too... I agree with that part. D developing swag. Takes more than 2 games. They've got to play one of those SF punctured lung games. One of those last play games against a formidable opponent.
-----------
The line has us giving a singular point. We aren't huge favorites here by any stretch. No reason to think our offensive line is going to pass block perfect for a road game, or that Romo is at full health for this.
-----------
only playoff teams can discuss "trap games"..we have been 8-8 for ever. You would think the effort would be there "if" there is a coach in the building.

Dallas can take 'nothing" for a "w" at this point. Play hard like it was the final game you will ever play and we will revisit down the road. 1995 has been some time now since Dallas was considered dominate.

My boy is married now and his wife is expecting . He was 5 months old when Dallas won it's last Super Bowl...."trap" my ***.....That's not a excuse anymore.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A blast from the past......

Los Angeles Rams 20, Dallas Cowboys 0
at Anaheim Stadium, Anaheim, California

Running back Eric Dickerson led the Rams to a victory by scoring two touchdowns and recording a playoff record 248 rushing yards. After the first half ended with a 3–0 Los Angeles lead, Dickerson scored on a 55-yard touchdown run early in the third period. On the ensuing kickoff, Kenny Duckett fumbled, and the ball was recovered by Vince Newsome to set up kicker Mike Lansford's second field goal. In the fourth period, Tony Hunter recovered a fumbled punt to set up Dickerson's 40-yard rushing touchdown. The Rams' defense dominated the Cowboys' offense all afternoon as the Cowboys never got inside the Rams' 20-yard-line. WIKI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ijp2N9K2s

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/thinking-about-the-rams.299976/

Thinking About the Rams

Their QB is down for the count. Their 2nd string QB missed last week, and no word yet on if he will be ready this week. They are down to their 3rd a QB, a 2nd year UDFA who looked pretty good last week.

Tavon Austin is out for the Rams too. On the season so far they have no passing TDs and only 1 rushing TD.

They are giving up 171 rushing yards per game so far.

We're dead in the water folks. Sitting ducks. A mark.

A chess player might declare zugswang.

Wave the white flags, support the French. Help us Obi Wan Kenobi, and all that jazz.
------------
If they had even an average QB I would say this could be a trap game, but they don't, so I won't. I think we definitely win this one, although the boys have surprised me before.....
-----------
In with the obligatory: "Dude, its the Rams."
-----------
Classic trap game.
-----------
I thought Tennessee would be a tough game but we manhandled them. Their defense has been surprisingly bad this year considering all the talent on the D-line. Like everyone has said, their QB situation is pathetic.

A few quick questions. Isn't Chris Long out for a long time? And how has fan favorite Aaron Donald looked?
--------------
Only thing I worry about is overlooking the Rams because:

th

------------
they are 1-1 just like us.
------------
yep, the only way we lose this game is through bad coaching.
-----------
The report today was that the 3rd QB took all first team reps at practice.
-----------
The only thing I'm worried about is Romo. Until I see him play an entire game as "himself" I will continue to worry
-----------
You forgot Chris Long is out also, their 2nd best pass rusher.

But I would seriously be in shock if we find a way to lose this game... there's really no excuse against an already bad team with it's 3rd string QB
----------
I'm sorry Hos, but this team has NO room to get cocky. We can play an arena league team and I will be worried.

However, for some weird reason, unlike past seasons I have confidence in our D. In fact I'm almost giddy with the force manning the middle, Ro. Plus, I always feel like we are going to get that crucial TO. Anybody else feel that way?
-----------
Cocky? I'm scared down to my undies.
----------
Garrett has a great record against crappy teams. 34-17 cowboys.
----------
Looks like the perfect recipe for a Cowboys loss
----------
Didn't the rams have their backup playing in the infamous 2008 loss? But then again we had Brad Johnson. The Cowboys should roll .......may be through the air this week because the Rams have a nice defensive front.
-------------
Then one goes with the backups as always. Randle showed up well and Weeden is adequate in a reduced route passing game.

Dunbar is the change of pace and the receivers are full up.

The Rams are still suspect at stopping the run.
------------
We can play an arena league team. .... worry too... I agree with that part. D developing swag. Takes more than 2 games. They've got to play one of those SF punctured lung games. One of those last play games against a formidable opponent.
-----------
The line has us giving a singular point. We aren't huge favorites here by any stretch. No reason to think our offensive line is going to pass block perfect for a road game, or that Romo is at full health for this.
-----------
only playoff teams can discuss "trap games"..we have been 8-8 for ever. You would think the effort would be there "if" there is a coach in the building.

Dallas can take 'nothing" for a "w" at this point. Play hard like it was the final game you will ever play and we will revisit down the road. 1995 has been some time now since Dallas was considered dominate.

My boy is married now and his wife is expecting . He was 5 months old when Dallas won it's last Super Bowl...."trap" my ***.....That's not a excuse anymore.

The last play on that vid is a perfect illustration of how fast ED was........for those too young to have seen him watch how he is just blowing past defenders smoothly but it's like they are on 7 and he is on 10.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After watching that Video of the Rams Kicking-Cowboy-Ass, all I can say is "All hail Eric Dickerson!" ( da ja vu all over again!?)

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
point is we arent down to our 3rd string QB, and didnt get whipped at home by the lowly Vikings with Cassel at the helm.
But is your current starter really any better than our 3rd QB? I know he has the edge in experience but his play this year has been spotty at best.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
point is we arent down to our 3rd string QB, and didnt get whipped at home by the lowly Vikings with Cassel at the helm.
I don't like seeing guys get hurt. Romo looks far less than 100% and clearly his ribs are bothering him.

If Romo has to take anything more than a three step drop, he's going to be pressured and hit.
He may not make it through the game.

It should be a great game though. I have a lot of friends that are Cowboy fans. They're not talking as tough as years past.
They know what's coming.:D

cowboys123

are you saying a 3rd string QB who had one average game against a terrible team is better than a pro bowl QB? I think most people would take Romo right now, even if he is hurt, than Austin Davis.

cowboys123

let's look at this way...

QB: advantage Cowboys
RB: Cowboys
WRs: Cowboys
TEs: Cowboys
Oline: Cowboys
Dline: Rams
LBs: Rams
DBs: Rams
Safeties: Cowboys
Special Teams: Cowboys
Coaches: Rams

I dont think there is a huge gap between the Rams Dline, LBs, and DBs to the Cowboys while I think there is a pretty big gap between the Cowboys QB, RB, WRs, TEs and Oline.

Just my opinion.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Are you saying Romo is playing well?

Romo is...well Romo. I personally think he's done after that back surgery. He can have bad games, and EXCELLENT games (48 pts against Denver). We shall see. I hope we win because I'm driving up there for the game. Haha.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
are you saying a 3rd string QB who had one average game against a terrible team is better than a pro bowl QB? I think most people would take Romo right now, even if he is hurt, than Austin Davis.
His last appearance in that popularity contest was 2009. He is nowhere near "Pro Bowl" caliber at this time. I guess we'll see how well Austin Davis plays this week. But given the performance of each this year I'm glad we're staring Davis and Romo is your guy.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
let's look at this way...

QB: advantage Cowboys
RB: Cowboys
WRs: Cowboys
TEs: Cowboys
Oline: Cowboys
Dline: Rams
LBs: Rams
DBs: Rams
Safeties: Cowboys
Special Teams: Cowboys
Coaches: Rams

I dont think there is a huge gap between the Rams Dline, LBs, and DBs to the Cowboys while I think there is a pretty big gap between the Cowboys QB, RB, WRs, TEs and Oline.

Just my opinion.

One to which you are certainly entitled...no matter how misguided it may be. We'll just have to agree to disagree on many of your rankings however. Time will tell.