What Common Food Do You Hate?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I get physically ill with pasta - both taste and texture. My parents tried to sneak a noodle in a dish I liked. One puke=storm later, they never tried it again.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Pickles. I cannot stand anything with vinegar in it. When I was a kid there was this teacher in the cafeteria that tried to make me clean my whole plate or she wouldn't let me go out for recess with everyone else. The salad was soaked in that nasty vinegar dressing. I remember mixing it with my chili beans just to I can stomach it. It ruined the beans but I could eat it without gagging. To this day I just could never stand anything with vinegar.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Green eggs and ham.
Thought I'd get this in before anymore of Dr Seuss' works are cancelled by our resident book burners.

~ArkyRamsFan~

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t like carrots (although I can eat them uncooked no problem) and I don’t like peas either. Brussel sprouts is a no as is Parsnips.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Pickles. I cannot stand anything with vinegar in it. When I was a kid there was this teacher in the cafeteria that tried to make me clean my whole plate or she wouldn't let me go out for recess with everyone else. The salad was soaked in that nasty vinegar dressing. I remember mixing it with my chili beans just to I can stomach it. It ruined the beans but I could eat it without gagging. To this day I just could never stand anything with vinegar.
I love Vineager. There are so many types to choose from. It is so versatile and a little can add so much flavor to many dishes.
I cook with it all the time.

As far as making kids clean their plates? I'm completely against it.
We grew up in a time where that just the way it was. If my parents made something that I didn't like, I still had to eat it.
Oddly enough, they never cooked food that they didn't like. Which I always thought was a bunch of Bullshit.
If my kids don't like something, I don't make them eat it. I do make them try it though.
My kids are 9, and eat most any food or vegetable I make. Foods like broccoli and brussel sprouts aren't a problem at all.
They are also a bit adventurous. We went out for tacos one time and my son asked what Lengua was. I told him it was cow tongue. He wanted to try it. Both my kids tried it on their own and liked it. They ate it all.
I also try to teach them to stop eating when full. The problem with getting in the habit of cleaning your plate isn’t always a healthy decision. Especially when eating out, because most restaurants put enough food on a plate to feed 2 people.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think all you old bastids suffered beef liver and onions when you were kids, as did I. Who the f*ck ever thought eating a shyte filter with nasty onions was tasty? Apparently, many sadistic parents did in the 60's and 70's. I could only get it down with LOTS of catsup.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I have a love hate relationship with onions.

I cook with them almost everyday.

I love grilled onions on a burger. I cant stand Raw onions on a burger. When they are raw, the only flavor I get is the onion. For my palate, it even dominates the flavor of the meat.

I love raw onions on street tacos. Onions, Cilantro and chili and I'm a happy man.
However. You put raw onions in my burritos and I'm pissed as hell. That's because I like beans in my burritos, but don't like onions with my beans.

Raw onions in Salsa and chiles is a must for me.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok little @Dodgersrf , don't move until you finish your plate. There's starving kids in Calcutta and there you are wasting food! This old family recipe of pasta and beef liver in a vinegar with onions, peas, carrots, mashed potatos and topped with a fried egg is a family tradition. And no feeding it to the dog!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think all you old bastids suffered beef liver and onions when you were kids, as did I. Who the f*ck ever thought eating a shyte filter with nasty onions was tasty? Apparently, many sadistic parents did in the 60's and 70's. I could only get it down with LOTS of catsup.

Liver prolly woulda been a delicacy in my home. Growing up poor with deaf parents the only meat we had was ground beef. My father used to pick it up a couple times a week at this little market across from his job at at a dry cleaners. 3 or 4 pounds for a buck back then. He used to bring it home in that white butcher paper. Funny thing is, if I get 4 pounds today I have to separate it and freeze part of it. We never did that as a kid and I don't recall it ever going bad.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I love Vineager. There are so many types to choose from. It is so versatile and a little can add so much flavor to many dishes.
I cook with it all the time.

As far as making kids clean their plates? I'm completely against it.
We grew up in a time where that just the way it was. If my parents made something that I didn't like, I still had to eat it.
Oddly enough, they never cooked food that they didn't like. Which I always thought was a bunch of Bullshit.
If my kids don't like something, I don't make them eat it. I do make them try it though.
My kids are 9, and eat most any food or vegetable I make. Foods like broccoli and brussel sprouts aren't a problem at all.
They are also a bit adventurous. We went out for tacos one time and my son asked what Lengua was. I told him it was cow tongue. He wanted to try it. Both my kids tried it on their own and liked it. They ate it all.
I also try to teach them to stop eating when full. The problem with getting in the habit of cleaning your plate isn’t always a healthy decision. Especially when eating out, because most restaurants put enough food on a plate to feed 2 people.

I bet I told my kids; "you didn't know you liked Chocolate until you tried it"... about 1000 times. :D

Always made them try everything. If they didn't like it, I wouldn't force feed it. But, Mom and Dad are not short order cooks... so your plate may be less full if you don't chose to eat what is prepared. That's how we always did it. (y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet I told my kids; "you didn't know you liked Chocolate until you tried it"... about 1000 times. :D

Always made them try everything. If they didn't like it, I wouldn't force feed it. But, Mom and Dad are not short order cooks... so your plate may be less full if you don't chose to eat what is prepared. That's how we always did it. (y)
YOUSONOFA ~ @CGI_Ram Jr.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I think taking the pressure off of them, that they "have to" eat it helps.

It becomes a "I get to try something different" instead of "I have to eat something I may not like"

Food is fun for me and I want my kids to enjoy dinner time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On time when I was little kid, we invited a little girl across the street for hamburgers just off the grill. My Dad made them with green pepper and onions in the ground beef and they told me that I used to eat them without complaint. This girl said "Ewww! I hate peppers and onions!"

I looked at my parents and said, "Ewww, I hate green peppers and onions." I'm sure that little girl's grave is still in our old backyard garden....

…..

Legend
Liver. I was forced to eat it once as a kid and heaved it up at the table. That stopped any force feeding at my house. Then as a teen I worked as a line cook and we had a Special where you got TWO pieces of liver piled with sauted onions. I hated cooking that stuff. The smell alone made me want to hurl the whole time.

Soft anything in my salad. My salad needs to be fresh, crunchy, cold. Ice burg lettuce, Bell peppers. Cucumbers, onions, broccoli, carrots, etc. get piled on. But cant stand egg, cheese, tomatoes, beans being in there. Those two opposites dont marry well in my mouth.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alcohol.
Back in the day whenever I would try it, I would have an allergic reaction and break out in handcuffs....

As for actual foods?
Not many...
Cucumbers, cant deal. When they are in a salad and I am not aware, i'll literally spit them out. Or Dill. Why so many salmon dishes have dill, I'll never know.
Eggplant- if the skin is fully removed, I'm good to go. Will eat the crap out of it. But something in the skin, turns my stomach right over.

…..

Legend
I think taking the pressure off of them, that they "have to" eat it helps.

It becomes a "I get to try something different" instead of "I have to eat something I may not like"

Food is fun for me and I want my kids to enjoy dinner time.
We believe you eat what is prepared that day and if you dont like it, thats ok. Wont force anything on anyone but It may be that you just go hungry.

We dont prepare different food for picky children but you may have an apple instead. PopTarts instead? No. Apple, orange maybe? Sure.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We believe you eat what is prepared that day and if you dont like it, thats ok. Wont force anything on anyone but It may be that you just go hungry.

We dont prepare different food for picky children but you may have an apple instead. PopTarts instead? No. Apple, orange maybe? Sure.
Absolutely.
If I left snacks up to my kids, it would be all junk food. Which is ok sometimes, but I keep healthy options in stock.
My daughter would eat chips all day every day if I let her.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I get physically ill with pasta - both taste and texture. My parents tried to sneak a noodle in a dish I liked. One puke=storm later, they never tried it again.

First time i've ever heard of a kid who didn't like spaghetti.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sweet potatoes. Yams whatever.
Also cantaloupe. Cant stand the smell.

Flavored water, vitamin water, flavored or sweetened tea.
Only straight water and unsweetened tea for me.

Oh and warm floppy or mushy pineapple of course. Like say...on a fucking pizza. I eat cold fresh pineapple regularly.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
First time i've ever heard of a kid who didn't like spaghetti.

It's part of having autism, in my opinion. My senses are better than most, and I don't like certain textures. Pasta is one of those things that I absolutely can't stomach in any form. And the smell of stuff like macaroni-and-cheese induces nausea.

Yeah, I'm weird.