What are your minimum production expectation for Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
2012 STL 3,702 21 13 82.6

2011 STL 2,164 6 6 70.5

2010 STL 3,512 18 15 76.5

Givin his stats thus far what is the least you will expect from Bradford to remain happy

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: What are your minimum production expectation for Bradfor

To me it's not just about stats, I want to see him improve in general. I want to see all of our players get better though, take steps forward.

That being said, I'm expecting 4,000+ yards, 25+ TD's, >15 picks (wouldn't be shocked if he's under 10) and rating I don't really care. Probably 85-90+

A55VA6

Legend

bluecoconuts said:
To me it's not just about stats, I want to see him improve in general. I want to see all of our players get better though, take steps forward.

That being said, I'm expecting 4,000+ yards, 25+ TD's, >15 picks (wouldn't be shocked if he's under 10) and rating I don't really care. Probably 85-90+
Exactly the same as me. I'm hoping 4,000, 25+ and 15 or less INT's.

One expectation that most don't think about is this: Scramble for yardage.

Instead of falling down for a sack or trying to stay in the pocket for a pass, tuck the ball and pick up some yards. When he did this a select few times last year, he picked up some first downs with his legs. He's not a slow QB, he has mobility. I expect much more of him picking up yards himself.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not giving a minimum. Just gonna give my projection. This depends on the draft and on us getting some weapons but if we do. I'll say 3900 to 4200 yards, 24 to 27 TDs and 10 to 12 ints. Last year, I projected around 3400 yards, 18 TDs and 12 ints. I think they're going to put more of the offensive weight on his shoulders with him getting a second year in the system. I think he responds. After reviewing his final 8 games, I really felt that he had improved greatly from 2010, 2011 and the start of the year. Think he's in for big things in 2013.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I don't care about the stats. I think I've seen and know enough about Sam that he thinks the same. 10+ wins, but that depends on what the end roster looks like, and how we play as a team. We will have the youngest team in the NFL, again....even younger than last year. It's a team game, and I can't expect Sam to do it all himself, regardless of injury, roster limitations, and experience. Wins, in my book, is all that matters though. Sam will sacrifice numbers to play smart.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I want to see bradford become a 2 td per game qb.

Will it happen this year? Maybe but I'm not betting on it.

As long as he keeps getting better i'll be happy.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

Just want him to keep getting better, if only to get people off his backs, the start of this season is going to be a 'gelling' period with his new WRs, so I'm not expecting massive numbers, I'd be happy to see the TD count increase and the Int count drop

duckhunter

Starter

It's a team sport so minimum is a winning record. Playoffs is not unrealistic. When you get to the dance anything can happen if we get a few more puzzle pieces right and the football Gods look in our favor.

For Bradford, I want to see leadership. I want to see him exude confidence. I want to see him figure it out so to speak, how to make it work. I want to see him do his part in leading, coaching and turning young WRs and RBs into a winning combination. I would like to see the pinpoint accuracy of old return particularly on the deep ball. Pocket awareness needs improvement. I see two exceptional weapons, Cook and Givens, who need an arm, a mind, a friend and leader take them to the next level in their careers. Timing with new WRs is critical. Get his big uglies fired up. He can make the difference in engendering a winning environment of large and small contributors rather than sheeple waiting for slaughter.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

I don't really have a minimum, but this is what I'm expecting

4100+ yards, 28+TD, 90-100+ passer rating

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

DR RAM said:
I don't care about the stats. I think I've seen and know enough about Sam that he thinks the same. 10+ wins, but that depends on what the end roster looks like, and how we play as a team. We will have the youngest team in the NFL, again....even younger than last year. It's a team game, and I can't expect Sam to do it all himself, regardless of injury, roster limitations, and experience. Wins, in my book, is all that matters though. Sam will sacrifice numbers to play smart.

I agree...stats don't tell the whole story. For example, Drew Brees' "record" of w/e amount of games with a passing TD was only extended b/c of a garbage time TD vs. the Rams in 2011.

I want to see less INTs. 10 or less.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

4,000 25 TDs, 10 ints.

Really though, I don't care. As long as he's part of a team that operates like a well-oiled machine, then I'm fine with whatever -- provided he's not a turnover machine or wildly inaccurate. And he's not going to be that, so I'm not really worried. More than anything, as a minimum standard, I'd like his detractors to HAVE TO shut the fuck up this year because he's just so damn good.

That's what I want more than anything. Big, fat, roasted servings of crow all around.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory

I want him to start at least 16 games for us this season. Preferably more.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

The Dude said:
4,000 25 TDs, 10 ints.

Really though, I don't care. As long as he's part of a team that operates like a well-oiled machine, then I'm fine with whatever -- provided he's not a turnover machine or wildly inaccurate. And he's not going to be that, so I'm not really worried. [hil]More than anything, as a minimum standard, I'd like his detractors to HAVE TO shut the freak up this year because he's just so damn good.

That's what I want more than anything. Big, fat, roasted servings of crow all around.[/hil]

+1 rock on!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

He needs to break the 30 TD barrier and get over 4000 yards. In this NFL the QB has to contribute heavily. There are exceptions like Flacco last year but if you are going to win 10 or more out of 16 games your QB has to be a "playmaker" in my opinion.

With the rules so heavily favoring the passing game there is no excuse for a guy picked #1 overall and came into the league with all that hype (best since so and so) not to play good football consistently. He has flashed and I know he hasn't had a lot of help but he needs to show some major consistency. If he struggles this year I will officially put myself on the Now I'm Worried bandwagon.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

bluecoconuts said:

This-

Agree Blue. With improved line play I think he should be around 4K in yardage and hope he is in the 25+ TD range. Of course that's all dependent upon our current WR's improving in year 2 and hopefully adding 1 more dynamic threat thru the draft. I think this is a huge year for Sam though. If everything around him improves but he doesn't then we may have a problem Houston. Although if we're winning stats aren't important. But, I think with winning the stats obviously will come. Duh :roll:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Rabid Ram said:
2012 STL 3,702 21 13 82.6

2011 STL 2,164 6 6 70.5

2010 STL 3,512 18 15 76.5

Givin his stats thus far what is the least you will expect from Bradford to remain happy

Totally depends on the opening day roster. We still have a huge ? on the roster at slot receiver and #1. That said, however, if the new receivers are able to out produce Gibson and DA he should have a better year than last year, especially considering that the TE position was seriously upgraded.

I did an excel model on this last year and came pretty close to predicting his exact numbers. I know no one likes "matrix football", but it comes down to the quality of the supporting cast around Bradford. He's going to put guys in a position to be successful, it's just a question of who those guys are.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

DR RAM said:
Yup, they're younger, but at the same time, they're more experienced. I like the youth for a number of obvious reasons, but most of all (because) younger guys "tend" to remain healthier, heal faster and rebound quicker.

Last year we broke an ominous trend (outlier injuries), if we can remain anywhere near as healthy this season, things look extremely bright.

Wins, in my book, is all that matters though.
That's the bottom line. :beating:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

Great thread! Thanks for posting!

Worst case scenario (excluding injury):

The Rams are content with Quick starting the year flanking opposite to Givens. They don't address WR until the 4th round or later & the WRs they draft prove to be nothing special. Cook turns out to be the next Kellen Winslow Jr., turning in a solid, but underachieving season. Pettis has already maxed out his potential & doesn't show any sign of consistency. Givens progression is frozen for a year due to him being the only reliable target on the offense, leading to constant double teams. Quick makes a few more big plays than in 2012, but is unable to string them together from week to week, and still seems to be lost in some of the general concepts of the offense. Whispers of bust intensify. Running back is addressed in the mid rounds with another Pead/Richardson type. The Rams have 3 #2 running backs & no bell cow. Each shows flashes, but none of them is able to separate from the pack. Offensive line underachieves & Wells' & Dahl's age start to show on the interior giving Sam no more time to step up & throw than he had in 2012. Rok starts and is average. Jake Long starts at LT but is caught in between his former 4-time Pro Bowl self & his injury laden years of 2011-12. Long's struggles only further frustrate Saffold causing him to seem disinterested and disconnected at times turning in an ok year at his new position.

4,000 yards 23 TDs 18 INTs 58% completions 7-9 record

Best case scenario:

The Rams brain trust is still confident that Quick can transform into at least a formidable WR, but aren't banking on him turning into a #1 or #2. They add a WR in the first 3 rounds & add one in the later rounds. The WR they add offers a combination of speed, route running ability, down field separation, & explosiveness. This target gives Sam a reliable target in any situation & opens up more opportunities for Givens, Cook, & Kendricks when they're on the field at the same time. The later round WR makes a push for the 4th WR spot giving Quick & Pettis some competition stunting their growth. Quick is unspectacular, but fills in situationally as the 3rd flanker & proves to be a solid 3rd option on the outside. Cook turns in a year that reminds people why Jeff paid top dollar to bring him to STL, becoming a presence in the RZ helping the Rams convert more TDs & becoming a matchup nightmare for teams in the slot with his combo of size & speed (especially the NFC West). Kendricks is the biggest beneficiary of Cooks solid year, putting up yardage close to what he had in 2012, with slightly few receptions. Playing on the end of the line & at FB Kendricks is the last offensive weapon on the field teams think about other than Sam. Because of all the attention paid towards other weapons he leaks out into the flats often unaccounted for, getting easy yads for the O. And who can forget CG13. This man has a crazy year hauling in 10+ TDs & 5+ 100 yard games. Having a Mike Wallace type of breakout year while creating explosive plays however he is given the ball (screens, downfield, handoff). Givens also shows that he isn't a one trick pony, refining his route running technique & becoming a factor in short to intermediate routes as well. The Rams add a bigger #1 caliber RB in the draft who carries between 10-15 times a game, while Pead & Richardson provide nice sparks off the bench. O-line is dynamite with the addition of a mauler at LG & Long returning to Pro Bowl caliber. Dahl & Wells have solid year despite their age & Saffold turns in a Pro Bowl alternate worthy performance at RT.

4,900 yards 35 TDs 19 INTs 68% completions 12-4 record (#2 seed)

I think Sam will fall somewhere in between my worst & best case scenarios. I'd say realistically we can expect:

4,400 yards 28 TDs 17 INTs 63% completions 10-6 record (#5 seed)

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler

Bradford needs to play like a top 10 qb.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

rams24/7 said:
Great thread! Thanks for posting!

Worst case scenario (excluding injury):

The Rams are content with Quick starting the year flanking opposite to Givens. They don't address WR until the 4th round or later & the WRs they draft prove to be nothing special. Cook turns out to be the next Kellen Winslow Jr., turning in a solid, but underachieving season. Pettis has already maxed out his potential & doesn't show any sign of consistency. Givens progression is frozen for a year due to him being the only reliable target on the offense, leading to constant double teams. Quick makes a few more big plays than in 2012, but is unable to string them together from week to week, and still seems to be lost in some of the general concepts of the offense. Whispers of bust intensify. Running back is addressed in the mid rounds with another Pead/Richardson type. The Rams have 3 #2 running backs & no bell cow. Each shows flashes, but none of them is able to separate from the pack. Offensive line underachieves & Wells' & Dahl's age start to show on the interior giving Sam no more time to step up & throw than he had in 2012. Rok starts and is average. Jake Long starts at LT but is caught in between his former 4-time Pro Bowl self & his injury laden years of 2011-12. Long's struggles only further frustrate Saffold causing him to seem disinterested and disconnected at times turning in an ok year at his new position.

4,000 yards 23 TDs 18 INTs 58% completions 7-9 record

Best case scenario:

The Rams brain trust is still confident that Quick can transform into at least a formidable WR, but aren't banking on him turning into a #1 or #2. They add a WR in the first 3 rounds & add one in the later rounds. The WR they add offers a combination of speed, route running ability, down field separation, & explosiveness. This target gives Sam a reliable target in any situation & opens up more opportunities for Givens, Cook, & Kendricks when they're on the field at the same time. The later round WR makes a push for the 4th WR spot giving Quick & Pettis some competition stunting their growth. Quick is unspectacular, but fills in situationally as the 3rd flanker & proves to be a solid 3rd option on the outside. Cook turns in a year that reminds people why Jeff paid top dollar to bring him to STL, becoming a presence in the RZ helping the Rams convert more TDs & becoming a matchup nightmare for teams in the slot with his combo of size & speed (especially the NFC West). Kendricks is the biggest beneficiary of Cooks solid year, putting up yardage close to what he had in 2012, with slightly few receptions. Playing on the end of the line & at FB Kendricks is the last offensive weapon on the field teams think about other than Sam. Because of all the attention paid towards other weapons he leaks out into the flats often unaccounted for, getting easy yads for the O. And who can forget CG13. This man has a crazy year hauling in 10+ TDs & 5+ 100 yard games. Having a Mike Wallace type of breakout year while creating explosive plays however he is given the ball (screens, downfield, handoff). Givens also shows that he isn't a one trick pony, refining his route running technique & becoming a factor in short to intermediate routes as well. The Rams add a bigger #1 caliber RB in the draft who carries between 10-15 times a game, while Pead & Richardson provide nice sparks off the bench. O-line is dynamite with the addition of a mauler at LG & Long returning to Pro Bowl caliber. Dahl & Wells have solid year despite their age & Saffold turns in a Pro Bowl alternate worthy performance at RT.

4,900 yards 35 TDs 19 INTs 68% completions 12-4 record (#2 seed)

I think Sam will fall somewhere in between my worst & best case scenarios. I'd say realistically we can expect:

4,400 yards 28 TDs 17 INTs 63% completions 10-6 record (#5 seed)

This is a great read and I love your enthusiasm. Who's this magical #1 WR that they are going to draft within the first 3 rounds though? I like Woods and Hopkins. Just wondering what your crystal ball says.