What are your minimum production expectation for Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Re: What are your minimum production expectation for Bradfor

OnceARam said:
rams24/7 said:
Great thread! Thanks for posting!

Worst case scenario (excluding injury):

The Rams are content with Quick starting the year flanking opposite to Givens. They don't address WR until the 4th round or later & the WRs they draft prove to be nothing special. Cook turns out to be the next Kellen Winslow Jr., turning in a solid, but underachieving season. Pettis has already maxed out his potential & doesn't show any sign of consistency. Givens progression is frozen for a year due to him being the only reliable target on the offense, leading to constant double teams. Quick makes a few more big plays than in 2012, but is unable to string them together from week to week, and still seems to be lost in some of the general concepts of the offense. Whispers of bust intensify. Running back is addressed in the mid rounds with another Pead/Richardson type. The Rams have 3 #2 running backs & no bell cow. Each shows flashes, but none of them is able to separate from the pack. Offensive line underachieves & Wells' & Dahl's age start to show on the interior giving Sam no more time to step up & throw than he had in 2012. Rok starts and is average. Jake Long starts at LT but is caught in between his former 4-time Pro Bowl self & his injury laden years of 2011-12. Long's struggles only further frustrate Saffold causing him to seem disinterested and disconnected at times turning in an ok year at his new position.

4,000 yards 23 TDs 18 INTs 58% completions 7-9 record

Best case scenario:

The Rams brain trust is still confident that Quick can transform into at least a formidable WR, but aren't banking on him turning into a #1 or #2. They add a WR in the first 3 rounds & add one in the later rounds. The WR they add offers a combination of speed, route running ability, down field separation, & explosiveness. This target gives Sam a reliable target in any situation & opens up more opportunities for Givens, Cook, & Kendricks when they're on the field at the same time. The later round WR makes a push for the 4th WR spot giving Quick & Pettis some competition stunting their growth. Quick is unspectacular, but fills in situationally as the 3rd flanker & proves to be a solid 3rd option on the outside. Cook turns in a year that reminds people why Jeff paid top dollar to bring him to STL, becoming a presence in the RZ helping the Rams convert more TDs & becoming a matchup nightmare for teams in the slot with his combo of size & speed (especially the NFC West). Kendricks is the biggest beneficiary of Cooks solid year, putting up yardage close to what he had in 2012, with slightly few receptions. Playing on the end of the line & at FB Kendricks is the last offensive weapon on the field teams think about other than Sam. Because of all the attention paid towards other weapons he leaks out into the flats often unaccounted for, getting easy yads for the O. And who can forget CG13. This man has a crazy year hauling in 10+ TDs & 5+ 100 yard games. Having a Mike Wallace type of breakout year while creating explosive plays however he is given the ball (screens, downfield, handoff). Givens also shows that he isn't a one trick pony, refining his route running technique & becoming a factor in short to intermediate routes as well. The Rams add a bigger #1 caliber RB in the draft who carries between 10-15 times a game, while Pead & Richardson provide nice sparks off the bench. O-line is dynamite with the addition of a mauler at LG & Long returning to Pro Bowl caliber. Dahl & Wells have solid year despite their age & Saffold turns in a Pro Bowl alternate worthy performance at RT.

4,900 yards 35 TDs 19 INTs 68% completions 12-4 record (#2 seed)

I think Sam will fall somewhere in between my worst & best case scenarios. I'd say realistically we can expect:

4,400 yards 28 TDs 17 INTs 63% completions 10-6 record (#5 seed)

This is a great read and I love your enthusiasm. Who's this magical #1 WR that they are going to draft within the first 3 rounds though? I like Woods and Hopkins. Just wondering what your crystal ball says.

I know most would say Patterson or Austin, but for me it's Deandre Hopkins. I've been watching this kid for 2 years now. He has outstanding hands, is a polished college route runner, has good downfield speed (not a great 40 runner), gets good separation, and played great against top competition. The best team he played in college (LSU), was also his final game. All he did was snag 10+ balls, for 200+, & multiple TDs. Not to mention a 4th & 15+ catch he had on their game winning drive (drops the ball they lose). He's an incredibly hard worker and seems like a great teammate. In my book there's probably someone we'd rather take at 16 (Warmack, etc.), but if he's there at 22 I'd be salivating.

I'm also a big Stedman Bailey fan. Also like Markus Wheaton. Those are 3rd-4th round guys I'd consider. And even later I'd love a guy like Conner Vernon (6th-7th) who runs great routes has solid hands. I see him as a Dane Looker kind of player for us

Lesson

Oh, really?

I'm not going to put a number on his production because it depends on how the team around him performs. If the team is pretty much healthy, then I'd expect big numbers from him. If it isn't, then I wouldn't.

fastcat

Pro Bowler

Idk about stats but im expecting Sam to be a pro bowler or in the pro bowl conversation.... OR atleast send a Wr or Te to the pro bowl! If that happens either way he had a great year!

…..

Legend

10 Wins

xander47

Rookie

No more red zone INTs especially to Peterson :D

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

As long as he keeps improving, I'm all in on Bradford. We might finally have a good Oline this year, but the WRs concern me. If we take a 1st round WR, lets give him some time to gel with the new guys.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

rams24/7 said:
OnceARam said:
rams24/7 said:
Great thread! Thanks for posting!

Worst case scenario (excluding injury):

The Rams are content with Quick starting the year flanking opposite to Givens. They don't address WR until the 4th round or later & the WRs they draft prove to be nothing special. Cook turns out to be the next Kellen Winslow Jr., turning in a solid, but underachieving season. Pettis has already maxed out his potential & doesn't show any sign of consistency. Givens progression is frozen for a year due to him being the only reliable target on the offense, leading to constant double teams. Quick makes a few more big plays than in 2012, but is unable to string them together from week to week, and still seems to be lost in some of the general concepts of the offense. Whispers of bust intensify. Running back is addressed in the mid rounds with another Pead/Richardson type. The Rams have 3 #2 running backs & no bell cow. Each shows flashes, but none of them is able to separate from the pack. Offensive line underachieves & Wells' & Dahl's age start to show on the interior giving Sam no more time to step up & throw than he had in 2012. Rok starts and is average. Jake Long starts at LT but is caught in between his former 4-time Pro Bowl self & his injury laden years of 2011-12. Long's struggles only further frustrate Saffold causing him to seem disinterested and disconnected at times turning in an ok year at his new position.

4,000 yards 23 TDs 18 INTs 58% completions 7-9 record

Best case scenario:

The Rams brain trust is still confident that Quick can transform into at least a formidable WR, but aren't banking on him turning into a #1 or #2. They add a WR in the first 3 rounds & add one in the later rounds. The WR they add offers a combination of speed, route running ability, down field separation, & explosiveness. This target gives Sam a reliable target in any situation & opens up more opportunities for Givens, Cook, & Kendricks when they're on the field at the same time. The later round WR makes a push for the 4th WR spot giving Quick & Pettis some competition stunting their growth. Quick is unspectacular, but fills in situationally as the 3rd flanker & proves to be a solid 3rd option on the outside. Cook turns in a year that reminds people why Jeff paid top dollar to bring him to STL, becoming a presence in the RZ helping the Rams convert more TDs & becoming a matchup nightmare for teams in the slot with his combo of size & speed (especially the NFC West). Kendricks is the biggest beneficiary of Cooks solid year, putting up yardage close to what he had in 2012, with slightly few receptions. Playing on the end of the line & at FB Kendricks is the last offensive weapon on the field teams think about other than Sam. Because of all the attention paid towards other weapons he leaks out into the flats often unaccounted for, getting easy yads for the O. And who can forget CG13. This man has a crazy year hauling in 10+ TDs & 5+ 100 yard games. Having a Mike Wallace type of breakout year while creating explosive plays however he is given the ball (screens, downfield, handoff). Givens also shows that he isn't a one trick pony, refining his route running technique & becoming a factor in short to intermediate routes as well. The Rams add a bigger #1 caliber RB in the draft who carries between 10-15 times a game, while Pead & Richardson provide nice sparks off the bench. O-line is dynamite with the addition of a mauler at LG & Long returning to Pro Bowl caliber. Dahl & Wells have solid year despite their age & Saffold turns in a Pro Bowl alternate worthy performance at RT.

4,900 yards 35 TDs 19 INTs 68% completions 12-4 record (#2 seed)

I think Sam will fall somewhere in between my worst & best case scenarios. I'd say realistically we can expect:

4,400 yards 28 TDs 17 INTs 63% completions 10-6 record (#5 seed)

This is a great read and I love your enthusiasm. Who's this magical #1 WR that they are going to draft within the first 3 rounds though? I like Woods and Hopkins. Just wondering what your crystal ball says.

I know most would say Patterson or Austin, but for me it's Deandre Hopkins. I've been watching this kid for 2 years now. He has outstanding hands, is a polished college route runner, has good downfield speed (not a great 40 runner), gets good separation, and played great against top competition. The best team he played in college (LSU), was also his final game. All he did was snag 10+ balls, for 200+, & multiple TDs. Not to mention a 4th & 15+ catch he had on their game winning drive (drops the ball they lose). He's an incredibly hard worker and seems like a great teammate. In my book there's probably someone we'd rather take at 16 (Warmack, etc.), but if he's there at 22 I'd be salivating.

I'm also a big Stedman Bailey fan. Also like Markus Wheaton. Those are 3rd-4th round guys I'd consider. And even later I'd love a guy like Conner Vernon (6th-7th) who runs great routes has solid hands. I see him as a Dane Looker kind of player for us

I was that Clemson LSU game and I could not agree more with your assessment. He'd be a great pick at 22.